Monday, April 4, 2016

iHeart Music Awards, Billions, The Path & The Ranch

CONGRATULATIONS TO MIKE O'DEA MARCH's WWTM TRIVIA WINNER! Slates wiped clean, new month, new prize, lets do this! Get your answers in guys. Never too late!!! All correct answers count! 

Monday March 14 2016

Trivia Answer: Ashton Kutcher and Danny Masterson played Michael Kelso and Steven Hyde on That 70's Show
First Five: Mike O'Dea, Dave DeSocio, Priscilla Paez, Kathy Connelly & Andrea Jody
Honorable Mention: Chuck Chiocco


THE NUMBERS
Thursday's Broadcast Top 5
Big Bang Theory-CBS 3.4/13.9
Grey's Anatomy-ABC 2.2/7.8
American Idol-FOX 2.1/9.0
Life in Pieces-CBS 1.8/7.4
Scandal-ABC 1.8/6.4  

Thursday's Cable Top 5
American Dad-Adult Swim .9/1.8
NBA-TNT .8/1.7
WWE Smackdown-USA .7/2.3
Vikings-History .7/2.3
Big Bang Theory-TBS .6/1.7  

Thursday's Social Media Top 5
American Idol-FOX 133,000 Tweets
Scandal-ABC 73,000 Tweets
Grey's Anatomy-ABC 69,000 Tweets
The 100-CW 63,000 Tweetes
WWE Smackdown-USA 51,000 Tweets 

Late Night Ratings for the Week of 3/21/16-3/25/16
Fallon-.9/3.3
Kimmel .5/2.3
Colbert-.4/2.1
Seth-.4/1.5
Trevor Noah-.3/.8
Corden-.2/.1.1
Carson Daly-.2/.9
Conan-.2/.5
Larry Wilmore-.1/.5
THE SHOWS
The Path

Okay guys, I think I might have found a really good one here. The first 2 episodes of The Path, Aaron Paul's new show on Hulu are good! I mean really freaking juicy good! Aaron plays Eddie, a guy who is part of a Scientology type "movement."  He married a woman who was born into it and has raised his family in the organization, but something happens and he starts to have doubts. Of course there is a lot we don't know or understand yet, but I'm hoping we learn some things as the show unfolds. That's all I'm going to say. Check it out and let me know if you agree with me.  It has alreadh passed the He Who Shall Not Be Named "Where is this going test" in my book. Hulu releases a new episode every Wednesday but the first 2 are up there now. 

The Ranch
I watched 3 episodes of Ashton Kutcher's new Netflix show, The Ranch. Wish I had something good or even bad to say, but honestly, I feel nothing. I don't love it, I don't hate it. I'm not sure if I like it or not. I'm not sure if I'll go back and watch the other episodes or not. I'm not sure if I care about the characters, I'm not sure if the acting is good. It's the weirdest thing.  I like looking at Ashton and I do find myself wondering how it is that the hair on Sam Elliot's head is gray o and his mustache is gray,  but his eyebrows are jet black. I'm also a unclear about what's going on with Debra Winger's face and if she's actually lost her ability to act.


iHeart Music Awards 
  • Of course Jason Derulo jumped into a fake crowd of body guards, no way would he put his faith in regular people to carry him around. The iHeart shaped catwalk was pretty cool.
  • Regular people stood inside the heart, celebs sat at tables with food and drink on the outside of the heart. Haves...meet the have nots...
  • Did Bieber just fly in from Jamaica where he paid the natives a few bucks for the dreads? The whole look was just a mess. I love Bieber but the nose ring, the sweats with the leggings. How about just jeans and a t-shirt if it's too much for you, Justin? 
  • I got what TBS was doing, trying to tie together the iHeart awards on Sunday while building hype for the NCAA Championship tonight but the whole thing felt super awkward
  • Jason Jones, Kenny Smith and Charles Barkley at a sports desk plugging everything from the game to Jason's new show, The Detour.
  • Brad Paisley was sporting an iWatch. They look weird on anyone I see them on, especially guitar players. 
  • Female Artist of the Year: Taylor Swift. Loved the catwoman jumpsuit. Only she can pull that look off.
  • Meghan Trainor's out fit was the filled in version of Selena's outfit
  • Do you think Selena REALLY supports her BFF or deep down inside was she hoping to beat out her BFF for Female Artist of the Year?
  • Iggy Azalea WAS in the house and yes, she was wearing her engagement ring but if I were her, either way, I'd keep it
  • No idea who Megan Good is but nice rack
  • Megan Trainor totally lip synced and her arm was the only thing on her body doing any sort of dancing. 
  • 2 Chainz wore wayyyy more than 2 Chainz. You'd think instead of buying more chains with his dough, he'd purchase 2 more teeth
  • R&B Artist of the Year: Chris Brown who now looks like Migel and seemed to be preparing for a flood of some kind. Love how spoke about putting positivity into the world. Really?  POSITIVITY??? Does he know what that is?
  • Elvis Duran used to be SO fat! No he looks SO old and his suit looked like upholstery from an old Jewish Goth Grandma's Boca beach place
  • Pete Wentz's suit was a wreck
  • Biggest Triple Threat: Selena Gomez. Taylor was sooooo happy for her!
  • The audience didn't look to into Pit Bull, did they?  No jumping, no dancing, just staring.
  • Fetty Wap decided to have dirtbikes and ATV's drown out the sound of his rap. Can you get a drivers license with just one eye? Just curious
  • Julianne Hough's boobs were screaming for freedom
  • Dance Artist of the Year: Calvin Harris Good night for all of Taylor's table. They all took home something.
  • Kelly Osbourne & Bobby Bones introduced Demi Lovato & Brad Paisley without his hat who did "Stone Cold" Demy killed, no lip syncing at all we saw right into her esophagus. How close was that camera?  I'm a huge Brad Paisley fan, but not sure why he was needed
  • Justin Timberlake needed some blotter paper. He was super shiny but of course super charming and perfect nonetheless. He presented the Best Tour Award to Taylor Swift who finally gave a shout out to the BF Adam aka Calvin Harris
  • Trey Songz presented the Song of the Year to Adele for "Hello" who accepted remotely from Birmingham. Not sure if it was Birmingham England or Alabama. 
  • I wonder how Thomas Pentz got the name Diplo
  • My Mom always says if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything. When it comes to Chris Brown all I can say is that the boy can dance. That's the only nice thing I've got. 
  •  Wiz Khalifa presented the Best New Artist presented by Chevy Cruz to Fetty Wap. Had no idea he was from Patterson NJ and had no idea that my husband knew that he was from Patterson NJ. 
  • Regional Mexican Song of the Year:  Nominees and winners were butchered by Charles Barkley and then corrected by Pit Bull
  • Latin Artist of the Year: Pitbull
  • Never heard of Eliza Schlesinger before. She's the host of Separation Anxiety
  • Was it necessary for Wiz Khalifa to pretend to be smokin a spliff?
  • Pharrell presented U2 with the Innovator Award. Pharrell was sporting a nice set of pearls, did you catch that?
  • Bieber changed out of one mess and into a NY Rangers Gretzky jersey. Interesting choice.  Not sure how his Canadian fans and relatives will take that one. 
  • Big Sean presented Dance Song of the Year to: "Where Are You Now?" Skrillex was missing but Diplo and Bieber took home the trophy.
  • Keke Palmer introduced DNCE with my current fave tune, "Cake by the Ocean"  which means SEX for anyone that didn't know. Remember when Joe and his bro's wore virginity rings? Guess they sold those on Ebay. Not sure anyone in the audience had ever heard the song "Le Freak." 
  • Male Artist of the Year: Justin Bieber
  • Maroon 5 performed "Animals" another iWatch spotted on Adam. Seemed the sound was off, wonder if there's an App for that. 
  • Jason Derulo finally got to perform. I'll take him over Chris Brown any day. 
  • Best Fan Army: The Beliebers beat out The Swifties
  • Latin Song of the Year: Nicky Jam and Enrique Iglesias
  • Zendaya's mega finger bling and gorgeous face made up for her lack of a rack
  • Pretty sure the ZAYN screams were louder than the Bieber screams
  • The Weekend's always good, isn't he? 
  • Selena Gomez changed out of the red dress and into jeans but still kept the blanket
  • Album of the Year: Taylor Swift 1989. Taylor said this was her last award show for awhile. I'll believe that when I see it.
  • Iggy Azalea, still sporting the engagement ring  closed the show with her new song "Turbulance" perfect title.

Billions
I really liked this episode of Billions until I finished typing this and then I realized how ridiculous some of it really was. Axe made a HUGE mistake, a billion dollar one actually and that sent him right to therapy. So, we learned a lot really. Got to see a little more of the real Axe and the real Wendy, but then we realize that while they were both getting stuff done they were both also trying to search for truths from each other. I liked the complexity of it all. Here's what made zero sense though. Chuck was home in Queens or Brooklyn or wherever his townhouse is and took a ride and just so happened to be in Connecticut near Axe Capital and just so happened to see Axe and Wendy doing nothing but laughing and that sent him over to his emergency dominatrix? That was a bit of stretch. We also knew that at some point someone would get photos of the guy in a compromising position. Check that box off too. Last annoying thing of the episode, why would Wendy leave her notes so easily accessible? Oh wait, one more thing...you apparently can be so wealthy that you can fly a helicopter to the mall of your youth, get them to open in the middle of the night and shop til you drop. Must be nice not to have to drive around looking for a parking spot all day. 

THE OTHER STUFF

-Did you guys watch SNL this weekend? Peter Dinklage was the host and he killed. I'm not just saying that because I have a crazy obsession with him and most LP's, but because all day I've had the song "Space Pants" in my head and can't stop singing it. Pretty sure it will become one of those classic segments that will forever be in "Best Of's" from here on in. In addition to the amazing "Space Pants" skit, you HAVE to watch Peter and Leslie Jones in Celebrity Naked & Afraid. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwpmqMnngRk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ44aQWnH4I

-Okay, for ANYONE out there that hasn't watched Season 1 of Outlander yet, you need to and you need to quickly because Season 2 starts this Saturday night. The good news is that Starz has all 16 episodes available right now on demand, online, and on their app. No excuses, get on this one now and thank me later. 

-I thought for sure with the new Star Wars movie on everyone's mind that the Sharknado people would definitely call the new installment:  Sharknado-May The 4th Be With You. I was right about the Star Wars theme but they went with Sharknado-The 4th Awakens. I guess that's more relevant. More new school than old school I guess. 7/31's the day. I'll remind you, don't worry. 

-FOX renewed Always Sunny in Philadelphia for a shocking 14th season. I had no idea it's been on that long. I think I watched one episode a long time ago and didn't love it. I think it's a guy show like The League and I watched it and just didn't get it so I never went back. 

-Amazon renewed Bosch for a 3rd Season, just as its second Season got under way. Another one I tried but didn't love. 

-Pretty sure I came clean a few weeks ago and admitted that I'm still watching Chrisley Knows Best. I did delete the Season Pass after last Season, I swear I did but, when I'm clicking around with nothing better to do at 2am, Todd, Savannah and Chase still pull me back in. I guess it's a good thing that USA just ordered more episode of the show.  Guilty Pleasure Award. 

-Verrrry interesting casting news for Amazon's Emmy winning comedy that's really a drama, Transparent. Caitlyn Jenner is joining the cast for Season 3. You could say, "how is that possible? Caitlyn's not an actress." I was thinking about this as well but if you think about it, she has been acting for most of her life, hasn't she? Could be pretty interesting. 

Monday's Trivia Question: Who replaced Deputy Mayor Mike Flaherty on Spin City? 

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at tvnme
http://watchingwaytoomuch.com
kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment