Wednesday, February 26, 2014

I MET HIM! THE FIRST STEP TO FBFF STATUS HAS BEEN TAKEN!




THE ANSWER TO TUESDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Leonardo DiCaprio starred in Growing Pains and Wolf of Wall Street 
FIRST FIVES: Lance Beitler, Bob Kaplan, Ed Ziskind, Bill McLaughlin & David Gorin 
HONORABLE MENTION: Elizabeth Mahoney

ME & JIMMY
I didn't want to say anything, in case it didn't happen, but last night, I met him. I MET JIMMY FALLON. I wasn't wearing a ridiculous Thanksgiving Day Parade costume either. My friends at NBC threw a party to celebrate The Tonight Show over at 30 Rock for all of us wonderful advertisers and Jimmy, and Steve Higgins were there. I wish someone video taped me AFTER I spoke to Jimmy the first time. I couldn't catch my breath. My heart was coming out of my skin and I literally was speechless. Jimmy couldn't have been any nicer. I told him about our first meeting and showed him the photo of us at the Thanksgiving Day Parade and how it really wasn't the outfit I'd envisioned meeting him in. THEN after we spoke the first time, I went back for more, got a photo and told him that I keep submitting my hashtag entry for the lyrics-you-get-wrong-contest and he asked me what my entry was. I told him that I thought Bruce Springsteen's "Tenth Avenue Freeze Out" was "Dead Devil in the Freezer Aisle" and he sang it back to me AS BRUCE. It was magical. I hope the professional pics came out good because the chick I gave my phone to was a sucky photographer. I did get a good one with Higgins though. I'll see if I can post it on Facebook. Steve and I chatted for a while, he's a great guy too. I also had a chance to speak with Jimmy's showrunner, Josh Lieb, who told me that the reason the Apple logo is no longer visible on Jimmy's laptop is because Apple won't pay the show for the placement. There's one question answered.  Anyway, it was a REALLY fun night. Thanks to my friends  at NBC for inviting me and taking such good care of me all night and thanks to my FBFF, Jimmy Fallon. 

THE NUMBERS 

Sunday's Cable Top 5
Walking Dead-AMC 6.6/13.1
Talking Dead-AMC 2.4/4.7
Real Housewives of Atlanta-Bravo 1.9/4.0
True Detective-HBO 1.1/2.6
Keeping Up With the Kardashians-E! 1.0/2.0

Monday's Broadcast Top 5
The Voice-NBC 4.7/15.8
How I Met Your Mother-CBS 3.6/9.2
The Blacklist-NBC 3.1/11.1
The Bachelor-ABC 2.5/8.1
2 Broke Girls-CBS 2.5-8.1

Monday's Cable Top 5 
WWE-USA 1.5/4.6
Big Bang Theory-TBS 1.1/2.5
Swamp People-History 1.0/3.1
Basketball Wives-VH1 1.0/1.8
Single Ladies-VH1 .9/1.7

Monday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings 
Teen Wolf-MTV 419,600 Tweets 
The Voice-NBC 329,700 Tweets
The Bachelor -ABC 126,200 Tweets
WWE Monday Night Raw-USA 256,900 Tweets
Late Night with Seth Meyers-NBC 23,100 Tweets

Overall, the Sochi Olympics were down 12 percent in viewers versus 2010′s Vancouver Olympics. This is partially due to the tape-delayed nature of European Olympics versus the live telecast of a North American Olympics. As a matter of fact, Sochi was actually up 6 percent versus 2006′s Torino Games, which had a similar tape delay issue. The Sochi Closing Ceremony was down 29 percent in comparison to Vancouver’s but they didn't have to worrry about Walking Dead, the Dowton Abbey finale or the Daytona 500 back then. Times have changed.

Dallas's third season premiere Monday night delivered 2.7 million viewers matching its season-two average. The premiere garnered 1.1 million adults 25-54 and 946,000 adults 18-49. Those deliveries are also consistent with the show’s second-season average.


THE SHOWS

GLEE
I wasn't sure if I'd care about Glee when it returned last night. I'm not sure why, I think I'm sort of over it, but I usually finish what I start so I'm in until the lights go down on this one. For some reason, they're talking graduation and valedictorian and its only February. A little early don't ya think writers?  There was a battle for class valedictorian between Artie and Tina Cohen Chang that got SO ugly that she accidentally pushed him out of his wheelchair. The reaction shots were a bit over the top if you caught them. Especially Mr, Schu's. If you have it on your DVR, replay it. You'll see what I mean. Rachel and Santana are in a battle of their own now that Santana won the understudy role in Funny Girl. Rachel went insane and left the loft. There were a lot of close ups on Rachel last night which really showcased the fact to me that she needs to go over to the Anastasia eyebrow place and have them do a serious tweezing/waxing combo. I didn't love any of the songs from last night although it was good to hear "Whenever I Call You Friend" but Artie's not the greatest singer in the world so he sort of ruined it for me.   

COUGAR TOWN
Courtney Cox directed last nights Cougar Town episode. I watched it with my husband and my son and there was actually some real laugh out loud moments coming from them which is worth noting. They're a tough crowd. More battling, it must have been the theme of the night  (you'll see it continues into Fallon too). Jules was so impressed with Travis and Laurie's brunch that she had to one up them with an over-the-top dinner that turned into a disaster. Andy was also competing. He was trying to be the more fun parent by taking Stan to the beach which also turned into a disaster. Good job Courtney.  You had the Carruba men laughing last night and that's an accomplishment to be proud of. 

THE TONIGHT SHOW WITH JIMMY FALLON
My FBFF told me that last nights Lip Sync battle was amazing and he wasn't kidding. You gotta check it out. I say start a Lip Sync Tournament of Champions, Jimmy. Paul Rudd could possibly kick Joseph Gordon Levitt's ass big time.
http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/segments/1676

LATE NIGHT WITH SETH MEYERS
2nd night was better than the first. Still too much blue, still a weird desk and chair. Still weird to have pencils and an Ipad BUT the monologue was better, the audience bit was good, and lets be honest, we can watch Kanye West forever. Seth seemed to be a real Kanye fan unless he was just SUPER prepared, but he knew a lot about his music and his albums and I think he did a great job with Kanye.

THE OTHER STUFF

-Broad City on Comedy Central has been renewed for a 2nd season. I only learned the other day that Amy Poehler produces the show. I've never seen it though, now I feel like I need to check it out. I'll let you know when I do.

-Syfy is cancelling Being Human after its current 4th season. I used to watch Being Human but once the stories stopped being about the characters trying to actually BE human I stopped watching. The show got too dark, too fast for me.

-This weeks host of SNL is Jim Parsons, but NEXT week's host will be...Lena Dunham. I'm sure I will love and hate watching it.

Wednesday's Trivia Question:Alias/American Hustle-Name the Actor

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment