Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Anyone Else confused at all by HIMYM & Good Wife...help please



THE ANSWER TO MONDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Pagliacci was the opera that Jerry and the gang went to see on Seinfeld
FIRST FIVE: John Romeo, Neil Moffatt, Lance Beitler, Karen Feldman & James Gabriele
HONORABLE MENTION: Mike O'Dea

THE NUMBERS  

Friday's Cable Top 5
Gold Rush-Discovery 1.7/4.4
WWE Friday Night Smackdown-Adult Swim .9/3.1
NBA Regular Season-ESPN .8/1.7
American Dad-Adult Swim .7/1.6
Modern Family-USA .7/1.4
Game of Stones-Discovery .7/1.8

Sunday's Broadcast Top 5
Resurrection-ABC 3.6/13.3
Once Upon a Time-ABC 2.3/7.2
Cosmos-FOX 2.1/5.7
Revenge-ABC 1.9/6.5
Amazing Race-CBS 1.8/8.4

Sunday's Cable Top 5
NA

Sunday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings
The Walking Dead-AMC 307,000 Tweets
Cosmos-FOX 167,000 Tweets
True Detective-HBO 97,000 Tweets
Resurrection-ABC 53,000 Tweets
Keeping Up With the Kardashians-E! 33,000 Tweets 

Top 5 DVR'ed Show for the Week of  2/17/14-2/23/14
The Following-FOX From a 1.7 to a 3.1 (+82%)
Criminal Minds-CBS From a 2.5 to a 3.8 (+52%)
Castle-ABC From a 1.7 to a 2.9 (+71%)
CSI-CBS From a 2.0 to a 3.1 (+55%)
Almost Human-FOX From a 1.7 to a 2.6 (+53%)


-Cosmos was seen by 8.5 million people across all 10 of the networks it aired on Sunday night. The show on FOX delivered a 2.1 rating and 5.7 million viewers. I DVR'ed this one but still haven't checked it out yet. Have any of you guys watched this one? Thoughts? Watch/Don't Watch?  Sunday's are tough...if I can weed something out I'd love the guidance.

THE SHOWS


Real Housewives of Beverly Hills-Finale
What's a Real Housewives finale without a party of some kind and a cat fight of some kind? I didn't think it looked like a great turn out for Beverly Hill's 100th birthday party did you? Maybe there was a Laker game or an award show or something on the same night. I mean the entire guest list took up only one side of the pool at the Beverly Hilton. That's not that impressive at all. I still don't even understand why everyone's SO mad at Lisa and why they don't appreciate Ken standing up for his wife. Brandi's going overboard with the botox and seems to have grown a foot taller in recent weeks. Brandi started this whole thing and now seems to have a bit of remorse and missing Ken and Lisa. Now we have 3 weeks of reunion shows where there will be more cat fights, more tears, more botox and more lying.  Of course as much as I wish I had the willpower to quit this habit, I just can't do it. I can't. 

Dallas 
Is there a better soap on TV than Dallas right now? I don't really put Dallas and Scandal in the same genre. Should I? I don't think so. Okay...Emma is turning out to be a crazy twisted nutjob and I'm LOVING it. She's living at South Fork with John Ross and his WIFE Pamela. She's sleeping with him right down the hall, she's going lingerie shopping with her and buying the same sexy outfits and screwing with both of them. LOVE IT. I will say that John Ross wore too much last night. Writers please fix that asap. Judith Light is a SCARY old bag in this show. Freaky scary but I'm loving her. They say the word bullsh*t as many times as possible and of course they're still talking about Fracking which I love. Christopher's GOT to shave that beard off...asap and honestly I don't give a crap about Elena anymore. Over her. More confusion for me...is Nicholas Trevino the guy Elena's sleeping with? We now know he's married to Lucia right? Hard to keep up. Oh...one more thing. More kudos to the Dallas writers for the best hotel name ever...Casa Exclusivo. Classic. 

How I Met Your Mother
There's only 3 more episodes of HIMYM left. The writers did it again with this 4th to last episode though. I did fall for it all...again. I mean Ted's theory that Lily started smoking again made sense annnndddd Ted's explanation of his theory was quite humorous but...he was wroooong. Lily didn't start smoking. She was pregnant. She and Marshall did move to Rome, did speak Italian, did pack Funyans, did have a baby girl and did give her a very meaningful name. 10 points if you know what it was. Billy Zabka was still around, eating corn dogs and chiming in here and there which I found amusing. Cameo appearance by Boats/Boats/Boats who I realized was Shelby from Hart of Dixie but then I thought that I was losing my mind. Did we know that Tracey Ullman was Robin's Mom? Was it ever explained that she was British? I checked in with my Facebook friends and confirmed that I'm not THAT crazy and that we didn't know any of this prior to last week. Hoping there are more answers to come before 3/31.  I'm happy with what we know about Marshall & Lily, I better be happy with the rest of the gangs fate.

The Good Wife
I know it's been a few weeks, but I'm confused. Who's doing the eavesdropping, the NSA? Who was the original target Lemond? Do they have bugs on everyone's cell phones? Why did they choose Alicia in the first place? Did I miss something? Also, what's up with Kalinda and Cary? I know that it's not love or anything but I thought Kalinda was a lesbian. Now I'm not sure. Bi? Whatever benefits her? The March 23rd episode is supposed to have the biggest shocker ever according to the voiceover dude on the teaser. What could it be? 

Lindsay Lohan
I'm not a huge Lindsay Lohan fan, but I admit it. I was curious what would happen when Oprah hired a documentary filmmaker to tell Lindsay's post rehab story. We're all intrigued by celebrities lives and I had to watch this one. Gotta say, as I expected, it's very well done. It IS interesting and Lindsay's a bit of a hot mess. You can see it. Of course for someone who's supposedly running low on dough, there's an awful lot of frivolous spending going on. She still has a personal assistant, a driver, a sober coach and hops out in the middle of appointments to shop for a new outfit and change right then and there. That isn't normal behavior. Sober coach did NOTHING about it at all.  She's also got a LOT of stuff in storage. A LOT! It was good to see that she was shipping it all to her Mom's house to save a little money but not sure why she wouldn't wait to ship it to her new home once she finds one. IN 24 days she wasn't able to find a home and rather than stay at her Mom's place, she's in a hotel with her posse. She never seems to wear a bra and the ones she does wear don't support her well at all. Who knew she needed so much support in the first place? I didn't. She also looks like she has lip implants or something. Lindsay's relatively young, she's only 27 but she looks older than that and I think she's already started with botox and stuff which is sort of sad. I'm in for a while on this one. You guys can judge me all you want. I find this stuff intriguing. 

THE OTHER STUFF

-FOX cancelled Raising Hope after 4 seasons. Surprised it lasted this long. 

-I know P Diddy has a ton of cash, but gotta say I'm surprised he'd spend 200 million bucks to buy Fuse from MSG. The deal hasn't gone through yet and Puffy does have Comcast on his side as they're backers of Sean Combs's Revolt TV network. If he gets what he wants, Revolt would gain wider distribution and higher carriage fees. Right now Fuse is in 74 million homes through DirecTV, Dish and Cablevision. Revolt TV is carried by Comcast and Time Warner Cable, that's why I don't have it. (I also don't have Pivot...damn you Cablevision). Puffy would gain a huge subscriber base by winning Fuse. Stay tuned, this could get interesting. 

-I gave up on True Detective pretty fast. It's just not for me, but I'm sure it's really good. I haven't heard that from a lot of you guys really just from everything I read and of course the numbers. The public loves the show so much that it crashed the HBO GO App the other night. 3.5 million viewers tuned in to the finale on traditional TV Sunday which was up over a million views more than normal. 

Tuesday's Trivia Question: What was Lindsay Lohan's character's name in Mean Girls?

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment