Thursday, March 13, 2014

Survivor, Modern Family, Flipping Out & Nashville...but I was more obsessed with the Roloff News




THE ANSWER TO WEDNESDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Zach Galifinakis played Alan in the Hangover movies.
FIRST FIVES: Karen Feldman, Mike O'Dea, James Gabriele, Heather Doyle & Neil Moffatt
HONORABLE MENTION: Kara Brennan
Bonus Trivia Question-The song from The Goldbergs was "Big Country" by Big Country

THE NUMBERS 

Tuesdays Broadcast Top 5 
The Voice-NBC 3.4/13.1
About a Boy-ABC 2.1/7.8
Chicago Fire-NBC 2.0/7.3
S.H.I.E.L.D-ABC 2.0/5.7
Growing Up Fisher-NBC 1.8/6.5

Tuesday's Cable Top 5
Teen Mom-MTV 1.3/2.2
The Big Bang Theory-1.3/32
Big Bang Theory-TBS 1.1/2.6
The Game-BET 1.1/2.2
The Haves and Have Nots-OWN 1.1/3.5

Tuesday's Twitter Top 5 Primetime Ratings 
Pretty Little Liars-ABC Family 325,000 Tweets
Glee-FOX 61,000 Tweets
The Voice-NBC 50,000 Tweets
Are You the One-MTV 40,000 Tweets
Real Housewives of NYC-Bravo 17,000 Tweets

THE SHOWS 

Survivor
Jeff Probst is awesome, don't get me wrong, but he's become quite the sh*t stirrer (is that one word?) at tribal council. I know I'm jumping right to the end, but he's been doing it more and more and I really think he's manipulating the game a bit. The brain tribe is the stupidest tribe ever. The fact that there was in even a possibility of them voting out Spencer over J'Tai was ridiculous. Thankfully they made the right choice and it looks like next week, the 3 tribes will prob merge to 2. The beauty tribe also had their share of stereotypical moments when the girls had no idea how chickens lay eggs. OMG enjoyable, but also ridiculous. I'm betting that after that dangerous reward challenge the medics were needed. Pretty sure most of the guys were in some serious pain from all the hits they took to their privates and Lindsay toppled over a barrel pretty badly. Who comes up with these challenges? I know I'd never survive a day on the island, but if I had to listen to Jeremiah and try to survive without food and a shower, I think I'd lose it after 48 hours of hearing him speak with that long southern drawl. Sure he's cute and can snap the neck off a chicken, but the drawl would make me want to snap his neck and keep the chicken around a while. 

Suburgatory
You have to give Cheryl Hines credit. She let the writers truly strip everything away for her whole "makeunder" episode. Just goes to show how much makeup, hair, wardrobe and a good push-up bra can do for a girl. Wow...what a difference in her appearance right? I really need Dallas to get back with George already. I mean we really don't want them with anyone else right? Tessa met the male version of herself at a college party only to realize that two of her is actually not as good as one. We knew that wouldn't last long.  Lisa proposed to Malik which was ridiculous and for some reason only George seemed to see this.  Dhalia stole the episode this week. I'm still a bit confused about her kitty waitress outfit, but she did sort of make it work so I let it go pretty quickly. Do you find yourself saying "Let it Go" a little bit more often now? I didn't even see Frozen and I'm saying it. Hopefully that'll end soon.

Modern Family
While Luke's hair, voice and acting ability has completely gone by the wayside, he was given the two best lines from the Modern Family writers this week. Jay asked him what he knows how to build and he replied with, "I can build suspense." Eh, ya had to be there. What about the Table Vice/Edelweiss thing? No? Okay what about this one. Hailey was going on a date with a guy she met at school and Alex asked her if he "goes there or cleans there." C'mon that was good. The Phil/Andy video thing was super weird wasn't it? I mean we all think Andy's gay and that video had me thinking Phil was too. NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH IT.  The whole premise was just weird. Also...there's no way Hailey's falling for Andy. No way. Claire, Gloria and Lily shopping for bridesmaid dresses was sort of funny. The museum visit...not so much. 

Flipping Out
There are quite a few new employees at Jeff Lewis Design these days. So many more that Jenny has a new role...Human Resources. Problem is, nobody cares, nobody listens and Jenny's not taking the role seriously. Was she even supposed to? This Andy dude has, in my opinion, seriously crossed the line. The sexual references are over the top and offensive and he's got to go. I know Jeff thinks he's funny, but lets get back to more Zoila, more home makeovers and more Jeff! Gage is still a dud, and the fact that my advertising dollars probably helped to pay for Vanina's breast implants in some form of creative accounting is a bit out of control. Pretty sure Andy Cohen is still involved in the show...hey Andy you've given Jeff and company way too much rope...now reel them all back in. FAST!  

Nashville
Liam's gone and I miss him already. I can't stand Teddy. I wish he would leave town too. I guess that's impossible when you're the mayor. He's really handling the Maddie/Deacon thing all wrong. Plus, once Deacon finds out that Teddy slept with his girlfriend there's going to be big time trouble. Maddie's already had enough of her father and you knew she'd throw it out there sooner or later. She wants less Teddy and more Deacon, just like all the rest of us. Scarlett's still poppin pills and wearing bizarre headbands. I'm guessing once Avery starts producing her album he'll find out about the pills. This whole in-the-closet Will storyline is SO on my nerves. Now he's going to get married? OY VEY. Take a risk writers, let him come out and see what country music would do? You knew that Juliette would cause trouble for Rayna.  When is Luke going to say "I TOLD YOU SO" to Rayna? The guys way too nice. 
Episodes
For anyone totally confused and thinking "what happened to the Episodes finale?" It WAS missing. I tried to watch it Sunday morning on my Ipad, but only last weeks episode was available.  I DVR'ed it too and the same thing happened. The finale's available now. I don't know what happened but at least now I know how the season ends. Great finale actually. Castor's out. His staff always knew he was nuts, but when his boss found out, he got the ax. Gotta say, I sort of liked his off the wall ideas about how to shake up TV. Completely unrealistic but I'll bet you SOMEONE will end up doing it somewhere down the road. I gotta try and get the clip of the rant for you to see. Sean and Bev kept packing even though every network was after this amazing secret script, but they turned off their phones, hung up on Les Moonves (who made a cameo) and headed back to London. Matt got the part he wanted with scarf addict Andrew Leslie, but when his network found out it was for NBC, they put Pucks back in production for 6 more episodes. Well, at least we know everyone will be back next season. Great season, great finale. You guys need to get on this one. 

THE OTHER STUFF


-Not sure how many of you participated in the Amazon Prime Pilot voting program but they've heard us and have greenlit all of the shows they piloted except for The Rebels. So, The After, Bosch, Mozart in the Jungle and Transparent are all going forward to series. YEAH! I really liked Mozart in the Jungle and Transparent. I like the process and Amazon listening to all of us more than anything though. I'm surprised it isn't done more often. 

-Mayim Bialik can go get a cleaning lady now...3 more seasons of Big Bang Theory have been greenlit. The woman still cleans her own house.  I would have thought she'd have some Blossom dough and wouldn't have to worry about doing laundry and mopping floors but now...she can definitely turn that over to someone else.

-I don't normally talk celebrity gossip here, but...I heard yesterday that my favorite little people are separating. Matt and Amy Roloff have decided it's time for a break. I could have told them this in Season 1! I've been saying it for years. Amy's the one who's going to be sorry. Matt's a hot commodity. Sure he's got some crazy fingers and crutches, but he's hot, ambitious, energetic, funny, smart and has a great imagination. He's definitely not a slacker at all. He has a great head of hair, his kids are all grown up now and when he's ready, .someone's going to snap him up fast. Amy on the other hand...not good. DEBBY DOWNER! Plus she's super critical, super sloppy, super boooring too. It's always sad when couples part ways, but I honestly think at least one of these two will be happy and better off. 

Thursday's Trivia Question: Mayim Bialik obviously played Blossom. She had 2 brothers, Joey and Anthony. What was their Dad's name? I have to admit. I couldn't remember it and had to look it up because it made me so nuts.

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment