Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Best Show of the Night for me…Chasing Maria



THE ANSWER TO TUESDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Jimmy and Jill Brock were the leads from Picket Fences. Only 6 of you guys had the answer so I will take Picket Fences questions off the table and hopefully I'll stop waking up with these random things in my head.
FIRST FIVES: Mike O'Dea, Karen Feldman, Monica Caraffa, Jim Carter & James Gabriele
HONORABLE MENTION: Dani Jackel

THE NUMBERS 
Sunday's Cable Top 5
Game of Thrones-HBO 3.4/6.3
Real Housewives of Atlanta-Bravo 2.1/4.0
MTV Movie Awards-MTV 1.5/2.8
Naked & Afraid-Discovery 1.1/2.2
Silicon Valley-HBO 1.0/1.6

Monday's Broadcast Top 5
The Voice-NBC 3.3/11.6
Dancing with the Stars-ABC 2.3/14.2
2 Broke Girls-CBS 2.2/7.2
Mike & Molly-CBS 2.1/7.4
Mom-NBC 1.9/6.7

Monday's Cable Top 5 
WWE Monday Night Raw-USA 1.7/4.7
Basketball Wives-VH1 1.1/2.1
Bates Motel-A&E 1.0/2.4
Black Ink Crew-VH1 1.0/1.9
Family Guy-Adult Swim .9/2.2

Monday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings 
WWE Monday Night Raw-USA 199,000 Tweets
Basketball Wives LA-VH1 140,000 Tweets
Dancing with the Stars-ABC 130,000 Tweets
The Voice-NBC 91,000 Tweets
WNBA Draft 2014-ESPN2 51,000 Tweets

THE SHOWS
Glee
It's not good when all I do is yell at the TV when I'm watching it. What's worse is that I'm yelling at a show I used to really love. So here are my complaints: 
*No way Blaine's getting 1 cronut let alone a box of them as the bakery that sells them limits the number you can buy and is currently closed for having rats in da house. I know it's TV, but these things make me nuts. 
*Blaine's fake weight gain was ridiculous as was all those Cheetos and cheeto dust all over his face.
*Artie dating 3 girls and getting Chlymidia from one or more of them is not at all believable to me
*Even more unbelievable is Mercedes and Sam. ZERO chemistry
*Even MORE unbelievable is Sam waiting for Mercedes who we found out is a virgin NOT A CHANCE 
*The only thing I did enjoy was the shout out to the Frozen Hot Chocolate at Serendipity and the "Love is a Battlefield" number. How in the world will I make it through the end of this season and all of next season. HOW? 

Fargo
Okay so in Fargo the movie, Frances McDormand and all the characters were quirky and odd and interesting and of course there was the accent. None of which was evident in the first 38 minutes of the new FX show. I'm not really in to murder mysteries in general. I wasn't sure if Fargo the show would be my thing. Doubt I'll go back to it. Did you guys watch it? What'd ya think? 

Chasing Maria Menounos
Did any of you guys ever hear or download or watch something called Afterbuzz TV? I just found out about it on Chasing Maria last night. It sounds right up my alley and I've never EVER heard of it. It's Maria and Keven's side biz and it supposedly has 21 million downloads or listeners or something. It's a network that discusses TV shows after they air. So it's like MY blog but it's a show...I think. I've actually never watched it yet, but now, as soon as I have a minute, I'm going to. If you want to check it out. Here's the link: http://site.afterbuzztv.com Aside from that big revelation, Keven headed to the urologist for some sperm analysis. Maria spermblocked him and called right in the middle of the "deposit." to yell at him about being over budget on the new studio they're building. Keven's the best. I love that guy. I also LOVED Maria's bike/desk thing. Maria's always working out but in her home gym. No fancy trainers, no swanky state of the art home gym, just a treadmill a desk bike and a yoga mat. I'm into the Kevonous's! 

Resurrection
Another week where NOTHING happened. Caleb vanished in to thin air, the towns people of Arcadia were freaking out in general and then when they found out that Pastor Tom's ex is back AND pregnant they all left the flock. Some guy from the government showed up and wanted Jacob and the doctor to go to Bethesda with him so he could study him but they're not going. I don't like the doctor. Something's not cool with him. No real answers on anything this week. They better give me something soon. It's like Lost, Under the Dome, and The Returned  all over again.

THE OTHER STUFF

-I'm sure that I wasn't the only one unsure of Paul Lee's future once Anne Sweeney announced her plan to leave ABC at the end of the year. It's not that Paul's not doing a good job, but ratings are down and when there are changes at the top, ya never know the ripple effect. Paul can chill out and take a deep breath. He just signed a multi-year contract to say at the helm of the Network. 

- It's hard enough to keep up with all of the amazing programming out that there these days. There are great shows everywhere. Broadcast, Cable, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime and more. Problem is, there are SO many more players entering the ring with original programming across various distribution channels coming to screens everywhere that it's going to get harder and harder to navigate. I've had pre-upfront meetings, and pre-newfront meetings and then the news yesterday that NBC is planning on entering the digital original space as well. There just aren't enough hours of the day.

-MTV"s new show Faking It is already available on their Watch App for anyone who wants to get a jump on it. The show is set to premiere on Tuesday 4/22 and looks pretty good from what I've seen so far.

Wednesday's Trivia Question: Dr. Sydney Hansen & Stella Bonasera. Name the shows and the actress that played both characters.

WWTM-Kristy

Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment