Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Fitz, Larry and ME! I love the Upfronts!




THE ANSWER TO TUESDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Undeclared was the Judd Apatow, Charlie Hunnam, Seth Rogan show. 
FIRST FIVES: Mike O'Dea, Elke Raskob, Alex Nagler, John Romeo & Andrea Walters

HONORABLE MENTION: James Gabriele


THE NUMBERS 

Sunday Cable Top 5
Game of Thrones-HBO 3.4/6.3
NBA Playoffs-TNT 1.7/4.5
Silicon Valley-HBO 1.0/1.6
Inside the NBA Playoffs-TNT 1.0/2.3
Sunday Movie-ABC Family .9/2.0

Monday's Broadcast Top 6
The Voice-NBC 3.0/10.9
The Blacklist Season Finale-NBC 2.6/10.5
Dancing with the Stars-ABC 2.2/13.8
Castle Season Finale-ABC 2.0/10.3
Mike & Molly-CBS 2.0/6.9
24-FOX 2.0/6.4

Monday's Cable Top 5 
NBA Playoffs 8p-TNT 2.2/5.5
NBA Playoffs 10:47p-TNT 1.8/4.3
Love & Hip Hop Atlanta-VH1 1.7/3.2
WWE-USA 1.4/3.9
T.I. and Tiny 4-VH1 1.3/2.4

Monday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings 
Love & Hip Hop Atlanta-VH1 877,000 Tweets
The Voice-NBC 163,000 Tweets
WWE Monday Night Raw-USA 155,000 Tweets
Dancing with the Stars-65,000 Tweets
Anderson Cooper 360 32,000 Tweets

THE OTHER STUFF

I know I say this all the time, but I am really lucky to be doing what I do. It's so important to do what you love. I love my job. I love TV and I love the upfronts. I don't go to all of them so it doesn't get old for me even after all these years I still have a stupid smile on my face when Ann Sweeney, Jeri Wang and Paul Lee are telling me that ABC is number one in A18-49, how ABC is THE brand to bring me everything, and all of these shows are amazing, fantastic and will all be BIG. I love it all.  Here are my thoughts (and photos from last night). 


  • Tony Goldwyn was really fun and looks amazing in person. The guy next to him is my bud Larry Hunt. I was trying to figure out how old Tony was knowing that he was in Ghost. As per Larry's Googling expertise...Tony's 53. I don't think he's botoxed but I could be wrong. Whatever...he looks good!
  • Avery Fisher Hall is SO much nicer than the Javits Center
  • ABC had the stars of Scandal (accept Kerri Washington) taking pics with all of us and sent them to our Twitter accounts. I took 2 but haven't gotten the other one yet. Here's the first one. 
  • Corny as it may sound, ABC's opening video showcasing all things Disney was pretty compelling stuff. I don't know why, but I got a tiny bit emotional by it. I know...you're thinking...LOSER!  I'm okay with it.
  • Like Linda Yaccarino, Ann Sweeney also broke out the white before labor day. Let's see what Les wears this afternoon. 
  • Note to Ann...if you're going to do a lot of clapping, lose the noisy jewels
  • Jeri Wang went with red. A good choice.
  • Paul Lee used WAY too many adjectives, he still thinks everything is "fantastic" and is excited for EVERYthing. I wonder if he's like that at breakfast and in his everyday life or only when I see him.
  • Jimmy Kimmel was HILARIOUS. No disrespect to Seth and the other Jimmy but Kimmel was funnier, edgier and took a lot more of a risk which is honestly what he does every night. He also used the word Motherf*cker which I enjoyed thoroughly
  • Jimmy had a ton of funny lines, but the one I wrote down in my notebook was: "programmatic buying is the gluten of advertising. Nobody knows what it really is." Not as funny in print but trust me it got BIG laughs.
  • I thought all the shows with the exception of one (Galavant) looked good. Again, it's hard to tell just from clips. Once I get the pilots, I'll let you know how they are.  
  • ABC gave Alan Menken and his piano some stage time. Alan's doing the music for Galavant. I'm betting he won't  be back next year.
  • Black-ish got the biggest applause of all the shows
  • Cam and Mitch from Modern Family came out of a wedding cake surrounded by the "Stars of ABC" to end the presentation. 
  • Glad The Goldbergs is moving to the pre-Modern Family spot. I would have liked to see it post Modern Family and I would have liked to see them at the party. No Goldbergs :(
  • Grey's is moving from 9 to 8. Scandal is moving from 10 to 9 and new show, How to Get Away with Murder is taking Scandal's spot. Shonda Rhimes now owns Thursday's.
  • I don't know how Grey's will do at 8pm. Guess we'll find out. 
  • After the presentation, I hit the party. 
  • This guy was sitting all alone. I spotted him and ended up talking to him for a while. Bizarre since I JUST watched Chosen and he not only stars in it but he produces it too. Can you name him? 
  • Mark Cuban's a lot taller than I thought. He took my phone and made a video for my son that was awesome. Super nice guy. 
  • I really wanted to speak to Guillermo about Scandal and Weeds. He couldn't have been any nicer. We spoke for a while. He was wearing Ted Baker and really gave me a great hug when I left. He's a lot shorter than I thought he'd be. 

  • I don't watch S.H.I.E.L.D. but my husband and son do. I knew they'd love Agent Coulson. I loved him as Richard in The New Adventures of Old Christine. He wasn't as nice as the others but it was the end of the evening and I'm sure he'd had enough chit chat with all of us. 

That was my night...lucky right? 

Here's ABC's 2014-15 primetime schedule.
MONDAY:
8:00 p.m. “Dancing with the Stars
10:00 p.m. “Castle

TUESDAY:
8:00 p.m. “Selfie”
8:30 p.m. “Manhattan Love Story”
9:00 p.m. “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”
10:00 p.m. “Forever”

WEDNESDAY:   
8:00 p.m. “The Middle
8:30 p.m. “The Goldbergs
9:00 p.m. “Modern Family
9:30 p.m. “Black-ish”
10:00 p.m. “Nashville

THURSDAY:
8:00 p.m. “Grey’s Anatomy
9:00 p.m. “Scandal
10:00 p.m. “How to Get Away with Murder”

FRIDAY:      
8:00 p.m. “Last Man Standing
8:30 p.m. “Cristela”
9:00 p.m. “Shark Tank
10:00 p.m. “20/20

SATURDAY:    
8:00 p.m. “Saturday Night Football

SUNDAY:      
7:00 p.m. “America’s Funniest Home Videos
8:00 p.m. “Once Upon A Time
9:00 p.m. “Resurrection”
10:00 p.m. “Revenge


Wednesday's Trivia Question: James Caan was at ABC's upfront last year. (Not a very nice guy at all) What show was he there for?

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

2 comments:

  1. Of course I can name the guy who was sitting alone. He is the best, Milo Ventimiglia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, you're so lucky you got to Milo.

    ReplyDelete