Thursday, July 10, 2014

The Emmy Nominees, Big Brother and Shockingly...Finding Carter





THE ANSWER TO WEDNESDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: FYI was the show that Murphy Brown anchored. 
FIRST FIVES: Mike O'Dea, Crystal Kyler, Alex Nagler, Justin Jones & James Gabriele
HONORABLE MENTION: Karen Feldman

THE NUMBERS 

Sunday's Cable Top 5
True Blood-HBO 1.7/3.1
Real Housewives of Atlanta-Bravo 1.2/2.8
Keeping Up With the Kardashians-E! 1.2/2.3
Watch What Happens Live Special-Bravo 1.1/2.6
Talking Dead Special-AMC 1.0/2.3

Monday's Cable Top 5
Love & Hip Hop-VH1 2.0/3.7
WWE-USA 1.4/4.4
Hit the FLoor-VH1 1.2/2.4
Family Guy-Adult Swim 1.1/2.4
Real Housewives of Orange County-Bravo .8/1.6

Tuesdays Broadcast Top 5
America's Got Talent-NBC 1.7/7.9
The Night Shift-NBC 1.3/6.4
NCIS-CBS 1.1/7.9
Extreme Weight Loss-ABC 1.0/3.4
Celebrity Wife Swap-ABC 1.0/3.1

Tuesday's Cable Top 5
Rizzoli & Isles-TNT 1.1/5.1
American Dad-Adult Swim 1.1/2.4
Deadliest Catch-Discovery 1.0/2.8
Big Bang Theory-TBS 1.0/2.7
Pretty Little Liars-ABC Family 1.0/2/2

Tuesday's Twitter Top 5 Primetime Ratings 
Pretty Little Liars-ABC Family 533,000 Tweets
Finding Carter-MTV 143,000 Tweets
Bad Girls Club-Oxygen 82,000 Tweets
Catfish-MTV 46,000 Tweets
Off the Bat from the MLB Fan Cave-MTV2 10,000 Tweets

2014 EMMY NOMINEES!!!

Best Actor in a Drama 
Bryan Cranston, Jeff Daniels, Jon Hamm, Woody Harrelson, Matthew McConaghey &  Kevin Spacey
Best Actress in a Drama
Lizzy Caplan, Claire Danes, Michelle Dockery, Julianna Marguilles, Kerry Washington & Robin Wright
Best Actor in a Comedy
Louis CK, Don Cheadle, Ricky Gervais, Matt LeBlanc, William H Macy, Jim Parsons
Best Actress in a Comedy
Lena Dunham,  Edie Falco, Julie Louis Dreyfuss, Melissa McCarthy,  Amy Poehler  & Taylor Schilling 
Best Drama
Breaking Bad, Downton Abbey, Game of Thrones, House of Cards, Mad Men & True Detective 
Best Comedy
Big Bang Theory, Louis, Modern Family,  Orange is the New Black, Silicon Valley & Veep

Way more categories to discuss but I'll do a recap over the weekend.
THE SHOWS 
Big Brother
I'm doing everything in my power to stay strong and NOT purchase the live feeds but damn these houseguests are making it tough. Lets jump right to the POV meeting at the end of the show. What happened? The show ended with Britney speaking but we don't know what she said. Zach was obviously freaking out after he replaced Britney. Can you believe that Devin did that? The guy is out of his mind! I didn't order the live feeds but I came thiiiiiiis close. Okay…breathe Kristy breathe, go to bullets.
  • As much as I want Devin out of the game, he really is good TV. He's truly cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs, but so are so many of these other players. 
  • To quote Frankie, "why is everyone telling the truth?" Don't these people know that if you want to win Big Brother you have to lie? 
  • What's with all these guys hugging and proclaiming their love for one another? I mean I'm all for men expressing their feelings, but is this odd to anyone else but me? 
  • I wonder if Zach will be annoyed that every time they put his name on screen it always says "unemployed" underneath it. I bet his parents aren't thrilled. 
  • I seriously love Caleb, I love him. 
  • Why don't they use disposable plates and cups? It seems like there are always a million dishes in the sink and I don't believe there is a dishwasher is the house. Maybe some Dixie products? 
  • Are you all still mesmerized by the birdhouses? I am.
Finding Carter
I can't remember the last time there was a show on MTV that I actually wanted to watch. When I saw the trailer for Finding Carter, I thought it had a unique premise and that will always draw me in. Basically, Carter got arrested for screwing around with her friends and found out that the Mom she loves isn't her Mom but her kidnapper. She was abducted when she was 3 years old and has been Laurie's daughter, happily, for 13 years. Just like that she's with her birth parents, twin sister and younger brother. She's messed up from this news, the birth Mom's a cop and obsessed with finding the kidnapper which is tough on Carter and there's just all these interesting layers to the story. I recognized Elizabeth, the birth Mom, from Lost, but man she needs some work done. She's not aging well.  Her Mom is played by Elyse Keaton herself, Meredith Baxter Birney. The cute boys all need haircuts and Grant seems to have trouble breathing and acting. The Mom's having an affair, the Dad's secretly writing a book about "Finding Carter" and one of the coolest things, MTV tells you the name and artist of any song playing in the show. Love that feature. Everyone needs that one!!! Season Pass for me. 
THE OTHER STUFF

-Orphan Black Season 3 is a GO! Of course it is!!! Tatiana Maslany rules. 

-I don't watch The Bachelor or The Bachelorette, but now that I know that Brian Williams not only watches but is obsessed...I may have to get on board. Check him out on Seth Meyers. I love this guy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EtgEa-IbNk

Thursday's Trivia Question: What show did TIm and Al on Home Improvement work on? 

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment