Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Caught Up On Masters of Sex, Checked out Bear and Chan and Finished up with The Fosters. (I also watched Color War Sing!)




THE ANSWER TO MONDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: "Who are three people that have never been in my kitchen" Was Cliff Clavin's response to his final Jeopardy question on Cheers.
FIRST FIVE:Bobby Aguilera, Mike O'Dea, Crystal Kyler, Caryn Vitolo & Neil Moffatt
HONORABLE MENTION: Monica Caraffa

THE NUMBERS  

Friday's Cable Top 5
American Dad-Adult Swim .7/1.7
WWE Friday Night Smackdown-Adult Swim .6/1.4
Family Guy-TBS .5/1.0
Cleveland Show-Adult Swim .5/1.2
NFL Preseason-NFL Network .5/1.4

Sunday's Broadcast Top 5
PGA Golf Overrun-CBS 2.4/11.6
Big Brother-CBS 1.7/5.3
60 Minutes-CBS 1.4/7.4
America's Funniest Home Videos-ABC .9/4.5
America's Got Talent-NBC .9/3.5

Sunday's Cable Top 5
NA

Sunday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings
Teen Choice 2014-FOX 4,405,000 Tweets
Shark of Darkness-Discovery 122,000 Tweets
Big Brother-CBS 107,000 Tweets
Air Jaws-Discovery 72,000 Tweets
Keeping Up With the Kardashians-E! 54,000 Tweets

-I guess most people don't have any issue with time travel like I do. 3.7 MILLION views for Outlander across all platforms is pretty impressive. What surprised me was that viewership was split pretty evenly between men and women. 2.3 million viewers tuned in to the Starz Network and 1.4 million views (including mine) came from the mulitplatform segment. Starz released the premiere early Saturday and that's when I watched it on my iPad…Saturday morning. 

30.9 MILLION people watched the PGA Championship this past weekend. I'm not a big golf fan, but I did watch on Sunday mainly to try and hear spectators scream "Bababooey." I wasn't disappointed, it was called out quite a few times. Rory McIlroy is a huge Howard Stern fan so I'm sure in addition to his win, he enjoyed all the shout outs also. 

-Everyone LOVES Shark Week. I mean it's really funny how much people are into it. Sunday night kicked things off with Discovery's highest ratings in 27 years. It's always the scary stuff that gets the highest ratings. (Final numbers still pending)

THE SHOWS


Masters of Sex
This show has so many layers. Every storyline is woven together so seamlessly. Every character is complex and interesting and over time we've come to understand where they're coming from and why. The show is so NOT about sex at this point. Sexuality, all different kinds of it,  are discussed and explored,  but there's just so much more. Add racism to the mix now that the only hospital in town Bill could get a job with, was the African American one run by the awesome Courtney B. Vance. (Name his character from one of my fave movies…The Hunt For Red October for some bonus points). We now also have a love triangle made up of Betty Moretti, Gene Moretti and Sarah Silverman who looks a lot like Betty Rubble  from the Flintstones in her Helen getup. If all of this wasn't  juicy enough, we got to see Bill's naked butt while he was, how should I put this…making Virginia feel good??? Is that family friendly enough? Anyway, if you aren't on board yet, you need to binge immediately. Masters of Sex is REALLY good! 


Running Wild with Bear Grylls and Channing Tatum
Channing Tatum's no Ben Stiller, that's for sure, but he was still freaking out when he was faced with quite a few of Bear's surprises this week. Bear picked Chan up in a chopper and had him do a flip into a lake to exit. Once they swam to land and dried off, they wasted no time. Bear showed Channing how to start a fire with a piece of bark and some goo from a tree, had him eat a scorpion, and catch, kill and skin a rattlesnake that they'd grill on a rock later on for dinner. Some quick repelling and then some shuteye on the side of a 600 foot cliff. Of course Channing couldn't sleep, but Bear was out cold and snoring. In the AM, some more repelling, some more fires and finally the extraction where they flew home hanging out of the chopper. Channing did get to bring home a souvenir. Bear made him a necklace out of the rattle from the rattlesnake he killed. The thing was still moving even after they chopped it's head off and took it's skin…FREAKY! 

The Foster's 
Not sure what upset Stef more, the loss of her and Lena's unborn baby girl, finding out her son slept with her ex-husband's girlfriend, or the leaky pipes in the bathroom. Just wait til she sees Jesus's new tattoo. More on that later. Even though Stef  was dealing with all of that, she still snagged Jesus in the garage, and had calming words for Callie. Again, having a writer on the sidelines is a HUGE help. Lena was away with Jude this week and the rest of the family all ended up at the EXACT same Mexican festival where they JUST so happen to run into Liam, Callie's rapist. Wyatt and Brandon beat the crap out of him (Bad idea Brandon…you're a pianist, remember?) which didn't make Callie happy at all. Callie's still not having sex with Wyatt because of her panic attacks. Of course she's going to therapy and trying to figure out a way to trust herself and everyone else. I'm trying to figure out how Lena and Stef can afford a therapist. Poooor Jesus, all he wanted to do was get back into Hailey's pants, but she's a total b*tch and was making him work really hard to get back in there, so what did he do? Tattoo!!! Stef WILL freak, I hope. Mike and Anna are "working" the AA program together and now Anna wants to see Marianna…mark my words. TROUBLE is brewing. I feel it. 

THE OTHER STUFF

-Remember when we all first met Robin Williams? I do, he appeared on Happy Days as Mork from Ork. Soon after that we were all saying Nano, Nano and wearing rainbow suspenders. My favorite Robin Williams role was Sean McGuire in Good Will Hunting but he was amazing in everything he did. Remember him in The Birdcage? Hilarious. John Keating in Dead Poets Society was also one of his most memorable roles. The world lost a gem in Robin Williams. RIP, Nano, Nano, Robin. 

-I could care less that Chelsea Handler's last day on E! is 8/26, but I know there are a lot of her fans out there so set your DVR's or watch her show live at 11pm tha night to say goodbye. Apparently some of her buddies like Jen Anniston and Sandy Bullock will be stopping by to bid her adieu.  Not sure when her Netflix show premiere's but she'll be back at some point soon. 

-Suits has been renewed for a 5th season by USA. This is one of those shows on my binge list. I got get on it. 


-I'll be on vacation, not sure if/when I'll post, but mark your calendars people. It's Amazon's 3rd Pilot season on 8/28. A bunch of new shows for us to all check out and vote on. I really think the CW should go with this strategy for their 2015 Summer programming. We could DEFINITELY help! 

Since NONE of you heard my plea for a trivia question yesterday, I had to come up with another one on my own. If you have one…SEND IT IN! I need some help. I've got 3 more days til vacation and I'm fried! 

Tuesday's Trivia Question: I feel like I have to pay tribute to Robin Williams with a trivia question. Let's make it an easy one. What was the name of the show he JUST starred in with Sarah Michelle Gellar? 

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

1 comment:

  1. I thought Robin Williams should have won an Oscar for Awakenings. That was a great movie.

    ReplyDelete