Monday, January 26, 2015

SAG AWARDS, DOWNTON ABBEY, GIRLS & EPISODES

If you're going stuck in the house during the blizzard & need viewing suggestions, please check out my binge list or just send me a note. Happy to help! I'll be watching Suits and if I get caught up, I might start The Wire. Let me know what you'll be watching. Or better yet, post it on my Facebook page! Stay Warm and Stay Safe! 


THE ANSWER TO FRIDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: The Pro Bowl was played yesterday at the University of Phoenix in GLENDALE, Arizona

FIRST FIVES:  James Gabriele, Bill McLaughlin, Dan Realson, Priscilla Paez, Eric Schwartz & Monica Caraffa
HONORABLE MENTION: Jim Carter

THE NUMBERS 

Thursday's Broadcast Top 5
American Idol-FOX 2.7/10.5
Mom-CBS 2.5/11.1
Big Bang Theory-CBS 2.4/11.6
Two and a Half Men-CBS 2.3/9.5
Backstrom-FOX 2.0/7.9

Thursday's Cable Top 5
American Dad-Adult Swim 1.1/2.2
WWE Smackdown-Syfy .8/1.5
Family Guy-TBS .8/1.5
NBA Basketball-TNT .8/1.8
The First 48-A&E .7/1.6

Thursday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
The Vampire Diaries-CW 77,000 Tweets
WWE SmackDown-Syfy 46,000 Tweets
American Idol-FOX 34,000 Tweets
Backstrom-FOX 18,000 Tweets
Tonight Show-NBC 15,000 Tweets

Friday's Broadcast Top 5
Shark Tank-ABC 1.5/6.2
Undercover Boss-CBS 1.4/8.3
Dateline-NBC 1.3/5.7
Grimm-NBC 1.2/4.9
Hawaii Five-0-CBS 1.1/8.1

Friday's Cable Top 5
NA

Friday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
Bring It-Lifetime-73,000 Tweets
Glee-FOX 39,000 Tweets
NHL Fantasy Draft-NBC Sports 19,000 Tweets
Constantine-NBC 16,000 Tweets
A Football Life-NFL Network 1,000 Tweets

Late Night Ratings for the Week of 1/12/15-1/16/15
Fallon-.9/3.5
Letterman-.5/2.7
Kimmel-.5/2.2
Daily Show-.5/1.1
Seth Meyers-.4/1.4
Nightline-.3/1.5
Conan-.3/.7
@Midnight-.3/.5
The Talk After Dark-.3/1.2
Carson Daly-.2/.7

Top 5 DVR'ed Shows for the Week of 1/5/15-1/12/15
Modern Family-ABC from a 3.2 to a 5.4 (+69%)
Big Bang Theory-CBS from a 4.6 to a 6.8 (+48%)
Empire-FOX from a 3.8 to a 5.6 (+47%)
Scorpion-CBS from a 2.4 to a 3.8 (+58%)
Gotham-FOX from a 2.5 to a 3.8 (+52%)

THE SHOWS
SAG Awards
  • The narrator during the opening was a bit cheesy, but I love the SAG's because they have the actors telling us their SAG card story and reminding us that they ARE actors.
  • Jennifer Anniston is a goddess. She won the Best Dressed award. I need to know what kept her boobs in that dress. Justin's a lucky guy. 
  • Is skinny Zach Galifinakis as funny as chubby Zach Galifinakis? 
  • Bryan Cranston looked like the razor got away from him in the soul patch region.
  • Best Female Actor in a Comedy Series-Uzo Aduba as Crazy Eyes in Orange is the New Black. Sadly she was wearing a hideous, yellow dress and she doesn't star in a Comedy. 
  • If Claire Danes invested in some saline or silicone, that dress would have been a home run.
  • Best Male Actor in a Comedy Series-William H. Macy. Felicity looked so good and soooo proud. I guess her man calls her "Flicka" in bed. Surprising win, interesting nickname.
  • Is Emma Stone still with Andrew Garfield? If not she and Edward Norton make a nice couple, don't they? 
  • Lenny Kravitz is COOL and if you weren't sure. Here's the deal: Sunglasses inside AND a million piercings=COOL
  • The cast of Orange is the New Black clean up so well they're barely recognizable 
  • Best Ensemble Cast in a Comedy Series-The Cast of Orange is the New Black. Love that Julie Bowen gave them a standing O. Again…I love OitNB BUT IT'S NOT A COMEDY, people. Where was Jenji Kohan? 
  • Best Female Actor in a Supporting Role-Patricia Arquette for Boyhood. Knowing the red carpet situation, you'd think she'd get some better glasses, or even some contacts for the occasion. 
  • I can't stand Adrien Brody and I couldn't stand The Grand Budapest Hotel. 
  • Just saw Wild over the weekend. Reese looks gorgeous with and without make-up. 
  • Best Male Actor in a Supporting Role-They didn't even have to read the names. J.K. Simmons, slam dunk, no question. See Whiplash. Of all the movies nominated for awards this year, see Whiplash. Incredible performance. Great speech J.K.
  • I really think that Jared Leto has a thing for Lupita Nyongo and both of them tried to play down their looks last night.
  • Best Male Actor in a Movie or Mini Series-Mark Ruffalo for The Normal Heart. He wasn't there and did you see Jared pull Lupita close to him? I liked that hand on the lower back move
  • White Shadow, Ken Howard, looks the same, doesn't he?  For the record, The White Shadow is only available on Hulu. You can't watch it Netflix or Amazon. 
  • Tom from Downton was in The Imitation Game. I saw that movie too. It was good, not Best Picture good, but good. 
  • Viola Davis  just looks like she COULD kick J.K.'s butt. Actually, I think she could kick anyone's butt
  • Maggie Gyllenhall has the oddest looking nose
  • Best Female Actress in a Movie or Mini Series-Frances McDormand for Olive Kitteredge. She looks wacky and she is wacky but I think I could be friends with her. 
  • Felicity Jones and Eddie Redmayne-such British lips, teeth and smile. I saw The Theory of Everything. Ehh
  • Oy Carrie Fisher just looks crazy doesn't she? Her Mom, Debbie Reynolds,  looked crazy too, but I bet Thanksgiving at the Reynolds/Fisher home is a trip. Debbie looks good. She's 82. Loved the bun story. 
  • Eric Dane, aka McSteamy, looked like he had some work done to me. I don't know what he's doing, but he is aging well.
  • Best Male Actor in a Drama-Kevin Spacey for House of Cards but he wasn't there. Bummer 
  • Laverne Cox & Matt Ligouri from Orange is the New Black presented. Laverne's arms were as big as Matt's entire body
  • Best Female Actor in a Drama-Viola Davis for How to Get Away With Murder. No way Jose. Robin Wright or Tatiana Maslany should have won, but good speech Viola. 
  • Whenever I see Liev Schreiber for some reason I only think about The Blouse Man in Walk on the Moon. He wasn't the actual blouse man, but he makes me think of the guy. (Name The Blouse Man for bonus points)
  • In Memoriam time…tough year for Hollywood
  • What was Rashida Jones's dress all about? SO unflattering. Did she want us to wonder where her boobs went? It worked. 
  • Best Ensemble in a Drama-Downton Abbey! YEAH! Man they all look so different and so skinny and so much more beautiful than in their Downton clothes. 
  • Julia Roberts rocked the jump suit. Do we think she's botoxing? 
  • Best Male Actor in a Leading Role-Eddie Redmayne for The Theory of Everything. Something is really wrong with the nominations. I have seen all the movies with the exception of Still Alice and David Oyelowo, the guy that plays Martin Luther King Jr. in Selma, not only should have been nominated, he should be winning every award. I don't get it.
  • Best Female Actor in a Leading Role-Julianne Moore for Still Alice which I still need to watch and will during the Blizzard of 2015
  • Best Ensemble-Birdman. I HATED this movie but congrats to all the winners. 

Downton Abbey
Who names someone Shrimpie? I'd be mortified if my Dad's name was Shrimpie. Rose didn't seem bothered by it or that he was leaving her Mom, she was more consumed with her homeless Russian's. So was the Dowager Countess. She wanted to make sure that the Prince's wife's really gone before she takes up with him. (In secret of course) Lady Mary went to London for a fashion show and to break up with Tony Gillingham who just wouldn't take no for an answer. While she was in town, she had dinner with Charles Billick who was psyched to hear the news. Something's wrong with Barrow. Not sure if he's sick or on  smack. Did they have heroine back then? Miss Bunting came to dinner again, much against Robert's better judgement. Of course she caused trouble and Robert went ballistic, slammed on the table and left the room. Mr. Carson was freaked out. Not just about the crystal either!  I don't know if we've ever seen Robert get so angry before. I don't blame him at all though. Who goes to someone's house and insults their host? Robert's been taking a lot of sh*t  lately, hasn't he? Between Bunting, the issues with Downton, Cora flirting with Bricker, and 2 unwed daughters, he's got his hands full. Thank goodness Mr. Bates is there. Oh wait…that's about to explode too. At least there are no leash laws in town and his dogs can just follow him around without that stress. 

Girls
As promised, I looked um up…synonyms that I can use to replace the word hate: loathe, detest, despise, abhor & execrate. Let's see how many of these words I can weave into my Girls recap. There was SOME good news to report. Hannah was only in a few scenes this week, Adam was back and the episode was only 22 minutes long. Okay that's really about all the good news. I loathe Hannah's clothes, her inability to filter and the way she rolled off the couch so we could see her plumbers butt crack. I did find it amusing that this week even with 3 bike locks someone stole her bike and she had to hitch a ride in an Amish buggy. What kind of person just pees in the middle of a NYC street in the middle of the day? I despise Jessa. It was bad enough to see her butt and her landing strip in the opening scene, but to see her pee on the street was repulsive and again, unnecessary. I don't know how to use execrate correctly in a sentence, so forgive me if this makes no sense, but I truly execrate Marnie's whiny denial and all of her nonsense. How can she be so in to Desi? The guy has no eyebrows and no personality and yet, she wants him so bad that she sleeps with Ray. WTF Marnie? I did enjoy Shoshanna but after that completely unrealistic, ludicrous job interview I now abhor everything about her. No way would she sabotage her chances like that. No way. Okay, I've used all of the hate synonyms I could find. I will finish this off by saying I hate this show more than ever and am thankful that it won't be on next Sunday, but I will be back on 2/8 when it returns so that I can use all my new words in better more thoughtful ways. 

Episodes
A few twists…Matt and Diane, his ex, got drunk on tequila. I guess the writers listened to me when I said to keep Matt drinking. This round, Diane got into a red rubber dress and ended up doing exactly what you'd think. Sex with the ex. Merk came in to pitch Carol and Helen, the new head of the network, who wears the coolest clothes, a new ridiculous show that's number 1 in Holland. After he left, they smoked some pot and started some female bonding that went just a little to far. Turns out Helen's a lesbian and since Carol sleeps with all of her bosses, now she's playing for the girls team too. Matt took Bev to a celebrity gifting thing where she got tons of free sh*t. When she came home with all of her loot, Sean had some bad news. Tim their former co-worker claimed he should be getting a piece of their new show. Ilene got rid of her treadmill desk. Can't wait to find out what the new Hollywood fitness trend is. I rely on fake Hollywood execs for this information. Hope whatever it is, it gets delivered next week so I can think about where I'd put whatever it is and then not buy one. 
THE OTHER STUFF 


-I'm not into Benedict Cumberbatch, but this clip is hilarious. I meant to post it the other day and totally forgot. http://www.today.com/popculture/benedict-cumberbatch-tries-new-names-jimmy-kimmel-live-2D80445577

-Bad news for all of you Amish Mafia fans, Season 4 launches on 2/10 and it will be the shows final season. What? No more Amish shows? WTF? That trend hasn't been exhausted, has it?

-It's pilot season. Just putting it out there...if anyone wants my opinion, happy to offer it up free of charge! Ya gotta admit, I'm pretty good at this stuff, no?

-This weeks SNL with Blake Shelton was hilarious. I don't even watch The Bachelor, but this is hilarious, check it out! https://screen.yahoo.com/snl/farm-hunk-084617003.html

Monday's Trivia Question: When Janet Jackson performed at the Superbowl and experienced a "wardrobe malfunction" who else performed with her? 


WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment