Friday, May 22, 2015

TV's already on break…Only Lip Sync Battle and What the Fung for me last night





THE ANSWER TO THURSDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION:  The West Beverly Blaze was the school newspaper Brandon and Andrea worked on.
FIRST FIVES: Mike O'Dea, Nicole Zittman, Dana Moscato, Stephanie Baxter & Andrea Walters
HONORABLE MENTION: Dana Moscato

THE NUMBERS 

Wednesdays Broadcast Top 5
Survivor Finale-CBS 2.2/9.4
Modern Family Finale-ABC 2.2/7.1
Survivor Reunion-CBS 1.7/6.8
Law & Order SVU-NBC 1.4/7.2
Chicago PD-NBC 1.4/7.1

Letterman's final broadcast averaged a 3.1/13.7 largest audience since 2/25/94 which was way back when CBS had the Winter Olympics! 
James Corden's show benefited and delivered a 1.1 with 4.0 million viewers 

Wednesday's Cable Top 5
NBA Playoffs-TNT 2.8/6.8
Big Bang Theory-TBS .8/2.2
American Dad-Adult Swim .7/1.6
NBA Playoffs-TNT .7/2.0
NHL Playoffs-NBC Sports .6/1.6

Wednesday's Twitter Top 5 Primetime Ratings 
Late Show with David Letterman-CBS 201,000 Tweets
Supernatural-CW 126,000 Tweets
Survivor-CBS  77,000 Tweets
Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon-NBC 13,000 Tweets
Top 100 Players of 2015-ESPN 5,000 Tweets 

Early Morning Ratings for the Week of 5/11/15-5/15/15
Today Show 1.6/1.8
GMA 1.5/1.8
CBS This Morning .9/1.0
THE SHOWS 

Lip Sync Battle
So...Salt vs Pepa does anyone care? Are Jimmy and Stephen and John already down to the B-Listers? I wasn't THAT excited, especially since there really wasn't much on last night at all. I could have continued watching music videos, pilots, or last week's John Oliver, but I watched. Sure it was enjoyable, but I do have some issues. 
1) Do we need Chrissy Teigen?
2) Camera's still all over the place
3) Our "stars" are still using that microphone and blocking their lips
4) Wearing red lipstick helps
5) Winners need to be voted on by texting or some more official way than audience clapping.  There's NO way Pepa should have won. Salt totally kicked her ass!!!  Pepa over did it and messed up…a LOT! 
Wanna see a GREAT lip sync…watch Sean Hayes and his partner…Jimmy…get these two on the show!!!

What the Fung?
I don't know if you guys know this about me, but I do consider myself a foodie. I'm love to eat, I love great restaurants and I love NOT spending a ton of money on them. I saw a clip of What the Fung in a meeting and I gotta admit, the title is what reminded me to check the show out. As much as I'm a foodie, I don't watch many cooking shows unless there is a Beverly Hills 90210 star involved, but this show intrigued me. What the Fung stars the Fung brothers, Andrew & David. They give themselves $50 bucks each and go to a different city each episode and find amazing food. The show is shot really well. It's fast and fun and the brothers have cheesy little slogans like "Fung Fact" "Do it for the Gram" (Instagram) and "Fatality." In the premiere episode they had 4 meals plus dessert in Los Angeles all for only $50. All I want to do now is fly to LA, get my cousins and go to all of the places they went to. I gave this one a Season Pass. The shows, only 30 minutes and it's foodie fun!  

THE OTHER STUFF

-I didn't watch Red Nose Day, but I saw this video this AM and it's awesome. Cold Play working on a Game of Thrones musical. If you're a GOT fan or a Coldplay fan, enjoy: 
Here's short version: 
http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/red_nose_day_kit_harington_coldplay_game_of_thrones_musical-2015-05
Here's the long version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBCVr-AVbDE

-I posted this link yesterday, but I'm re-posting it. I'm obsessed with it. No joke I've probably watched it 15 times. I know you have a lot going on. I know you have to prioritize, but James Corden is fun. I love car karaoke and I gotta say, Bieber got me back a little with this. Take a few minutes and check this thing out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx06c0ZEBMk there is something there, right? 

-Tivo's Top Ten Moments of Letterman's Send Off were released. I have no idea what the methodology was to compile this, but you know I love a good list, so what the hell: 
10. Dave & Tom Hanks 
9. Dave & Howard Stern 
8. Dave & President Clinton
7. Dave & Bill Murray
6. Dave and Julie Louis Dreyfus
5. Dave and George Clooney
4. Dave and his Mom
3. Dave and highlights over the years
2. Dave and Tina Fey
1. Dave and Julia Roberts, the secret love of his life. 

Friday's Beverly Hills 90210 Trivia Question: Tell me which 90210'er drove each car: Corvette, Mustang, BMW, Acura NSX, Porsche & Ford Bronco 

Memorial Day Poll Question: Will you be bingeing on anything this weekend or over the Summer? What is on YOUR binge to-do-list? 

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment