Monday, June 22, 2015

Celebrity Family Feud, True Detective, Nurse Jackie & Ballers. I fell asleep and missed The Brink.



THE ANSWER TO FRIDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: I was extremely disappointed by the lack of readers who knew the answers to Friday's "Name that Daddy" trivia question. Hoping a lot of people were on vacation. Friday Night Lights and Parenthood are required viewing for everyone. Coach Eric Taylor, played by Kyle Chandler  was Grace and Julie's Dad on Friday Night Lights. Zeke Braverman was Sarah, Julia, Adam and Crosby's Dad on Parenthood. 2 of the best TV dad's ever. Surprisingly, many people did know that Mickey Rivers was the center fielder for the 77 Yankees. 

FIRST FIVES: Elke Raskob, Monica Caraffa, He Who Shall Not Be Named, Chuck Chiocco & Caryn Vitolo
HONORABLE MENTION: Karen Feldman

THE NUMBERS 
Thursday's Broadcast Top 5
The Big Bang Theory-CBS 1.6/7.2
Dateline-NBC 1.3/6.3
Mike & Molly-CBS 1.2/5.5
The Astronaut Wives Club-ABC 1.1/5.5
Mom-CBS 1.1/5.4

Thursday's Cable Top 5
American Dad-Adult Swim .8/2.0
Big Bang Theory-TBS .7/2.1
WWE Smackdown-Syfy .7/2.4
Braxton Family Values-WETV .6/1.1
The Cleveland Show-Adult Swim .5/1.3

Thursday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
Hannibal-NBC 42,000 Tweets
WWE Smackdown-Syfy 35,000 Tweets
Daily Show-Comedy Central-31,000 Tweets
Jimmy Kimmel-ABC 14,000 Tweets
Guys Choice Awards-Spike 12,000 Tweets 

Friday's Broadcast Top 5
20/20-ABC 1.4/7.1
What Would You Do?-ABC 1.0/4.3
Shark Tank-ABC .8/4.1
Dateline-NBC .8/3.6
America's Got Talent-NBC .8/3.4

Friday's Cable Top 5
NA

Friday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
Bellator MMA Live-Spike 70,000 Tweets
Real Time with Bill Maher-HBO 7,000 Tweets
Tonight Show-NBC 5,000 Tweets
Anderson Cooper-CNN 4,000 Tweets
College Humor's Comedy Music Hall of Fame-IFC 1,000 Tweets

THE SHOWS 

Celebrity Family Feud
I haven't watched Family Feud in a gagillion years, but I finished Orange is the New Black and was waiting for True Detective and decided to check it out with the family. All I know is, things have certainly changed since I watched last. I have no idea who the people in the survey actually are but there were some reallllly odd responses on the board. Here are a few examples: 
1) Name something a nude magician might pull a rabbit out of. Anthony Anderson said "ass" but the board said "ham flower" HUH?
2) Name something a wife would hate to see her ex husband buy after the divorce. One of the Braxton's said "a prostitute" but the board said "Lola the street ho" REALLY? people actually said the words "Lola the street ho" in response to that question?
3) Name something you accidentally put in the church collection box. The number one answer was condom which I found strange, but even stranger,  the board called it a "Papa Stoppa" WHAT???
4) Name something your neighbors do that makes a lot of noise. Monica Potter's sister said "Have sex" but the board said "Sugar the Cookie" WTF is with these responses. Let's back up one more step. WTF is with these nutty questions?  This is family viewing? I have a 13 year old who thought all of those questions (and answers) were hilarious, but what if I was watching with an 8 year old and had to explain who Lola the Street Ho was? Crazy. 
A couple of other observations: Steve Harvey's a great host and his head is soooooper smooth. Monica Potter's had a ton of work ton since Parenthood ended and she didn't even need it. Anthony Anderson's makeup was horrible but his suit was awesome. Tamar Braxton's got a serious forehead problem. The Braxton's and the Potters both won big for their charities. 

True Detective
Last season, I lasted the full hour of the premiere and bagged the show. It wasn't my thing. Everyone talked about how amazing it was all season, it won tons of awards and I thought, maybe I missed something. I felt out of the loop, serious FOMO. So this season when I heard Tim Riggins was in the cast along with Rachel McAdams, Vince Vaughn and Colin Farrell, I figured I'd give it another shot. I lasted 29 minutes. I had to wait a long time for Taylor Kitsch, the music creeped me out and I hate the genre in general. Sooooo, I'm done. Sorry. I know what I like and I know what I don't and True Detective just isn't for me. 

Nurse Jackie
Only one more episode til the end. I have a feeling things don't end well for Jackie. Her first day back on the job and she was popping pills, doing her Super nurse thing. Chris Elliot was in the hospital as a super hero that Jackie ultimately couldn't save. Irony? Maybe. Akalidis went awol, Monk's brain cancer symptoms put a patient in danger and Carrie screwed over the Evil Norwegian dude, thankfully. Eddie's going to turn on Jackie, I can feel it. She sort of turned on him already. He needed her and she blew him off big time.  One thing that made no sense. Why wouldn't the hospital continue to drug test Jackie?  Doubt that would ever happen. 

Ballers
I'd heard very mixed reviews of Ballers and lots of comparison's to Entourage. The only thing the two shows have in common...the producer, Mark Wahlberg. I liked the premiere. I didn't LOVE it, but I'll definitely be back next week. The Rock is so likable and fills out a suit pretty nicely. He plays a retired football player who now manages players money. One problem, almost all of his clients are unlikable, stereotypical, misogynistic, self sabotaging, womanizing idiots who have no idea how lucky they are. Good to see Rob Cordry and Dule Hill. Pretty sure that Jane Fonda's son plays Jason, the agent and while I LOVE Peter Berg for so many reasons, (mainly giving me Friday Night Lights) he's not aging well at all and should stay behind the camera not in front of it (sorry Peter). 

The Brink 
I totally fell asleep…let me get back to you on this one. 
Anyone watch? What'd ya think? 

THE OTHER STUFF 

-I finished Orange is the New Black yesterday. Anyone else done? Season 3 was amazing. Probably my favorite so far. 

Monday's Trivia Question: THEME WEEK: What college did Felicity, Noel & Ben attend? 


WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment