Friday, August 21, 2015

Documentary Now, Big Brother & Lip Sync Battle...THE LAST ONE FOR A WHILE...

So here's the deal, I'm really trying to figure out a way NOT to rely on my work computer to house all of your email addresses. My private email won't hold them all, so it's either Facebook, Twitter or subscription but it seems the subscriber thing delivers the blog later in the day. So please bare with me while I try to figure this stuff all out. If anyone knows ANYONE who can give a blogger a hand...let me know!!! Thanks SO much for your help/patience. 



THE ANSWER TO THURSDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: 
Show #1 Sarah Manning, Felix Dawkins, Donnie and Allison Hendrix
Show #2 Dre Johnson, Rainbow Johnson, Zoey Johnson, Jr. Johnson and Jack & Diane Johnson
Answer: Orphan Black-Ish
FIRST FIVES:Mike O'Dea, Alex Nagler, Ed Ziskind, Brett Blattman & Elke Raskob
HONORABLE MENTION: Brett Blattman

THE NUMBERS 

Wednesdays Broadcast Top 5
Big Brother-CBS 2.1/6.5
America's Got Talent-NBC 1.6/9.1
MasterChef-FOX 1.4/4.6
Last Comic Standing-NBC 1.1/4.2
Modern Family-ABC 1.1/3.7

Wednesday's Cable Top 5
Duck Dynasty-A&E 1.0/3.2
American Dad-Adult Swim 1.0/2.0
Big Bang Theory-TBS .9/2.5
The Cleveland Show-Adult Swim .7/1.5
Suits-USA .6/2.2

Wednesday's Twitter Top 5 Primetime Ratings 
Catfish-MTV 70,000 Tweets
Big Brother-CBS 30,000 Tweets
America's Got Talent-NBC 18,000 Tweets
Nick Cannon: Wild 'n Out-MTV2 12,000 Tweets
Why? With Hannibal Buress-Comedy Central 2,000 Tweets

Late Night Ratings for the Week of 8/10/15-8/14/15
Fallon .9/3.5
Kimmel .4/1.9
Seth Meyers .4/1.5
James Corden .3/1.2
Conan .3/.7
Carson Daly .2/.8
Nightly Show .1/.6

Early Morning Ratings for the Week of 8/10/15-8/14/15
GMA 1.3/1.6
Today Show 1.3/1.5
CBS This Morning .8/.9
THE SHOWS 

Big  Brother

  • WAIT A MINUTE…Did Julie Chen Moonves  FINALLY get it right? I THINK SHE MIGHT HAVE…well…one tiny problem, the bracelet, but best overall look of the season. 
  • Becky really needs to bag the pulled back ponytail. It screams MY FACE HIT A TRAIN
  • Steve has an official nap time?
  • How can Austin not see that Liz is JUST NOT THAT into him?
  • Dead Fish Strategy. I like it
  • James & Meg are adorable and I'm not a hat person, but that Hello Kitty hat is awesome. I NEED ONE! 
  • James's prank on Steve was awesome. Saran Wrapping the dental chair with all of his stuff in it…classic. I might borrow that one. 
  • Austin's white rubber bands are truly bugging the sh*t out of me. I want someone to tear them out. 
  • Coordinated snap to Julie…I like it a LOT! 
  • Nice cleavage, Meg.
  • Nice smash of the skull too! 
  • Who did Steve's hair for eviction night? No way did he do that all by himself.
  • #1 bass trombonist in the state and a Whiz Quiz kid. Steve's the whole package if you like that sort of thing in a guy. 
  • Was it my imagination or was everyone in Steve's town a bit…off? 
  • Absolutely NOT Steve's child. Did ANYONE think it was Steve's kid? 
  • Not to be gross but did you notice Johnny Mac Dentist Detective's shorts during his eviction speech? Did you see what I saw?
  • Eviction Choreography…ACTIVATED
  • Buh Bye Becky!
  • Ooooo Vanessa ZINGGED Becky in the buh bye video. She did take it like a champ, but come on…THE GIRL WAS HIT BY A TRAIN!!! 
  • @zingbotofficial
  • Confusing rules for the HOH competition…I had to watch it twice…but I got it
  • Meg out round one
  • Hate waiting for an HOH for dayyyyys
Lip Sync Battle Season Finale
Last night was the Season Finale of Lip Sync Battle and I'd say one of the best battles to date. The battle between  Cookie & Luscious Lyon from Empire. Before we get into it, I'd just like to give a bit of help to Chrissy Teigen. I have a huge problem with grammatical errors. Chrissy seems to need a refresher on the use of SEEN and SAW. She said "Have you guys SAW that?" Production team didn't request a 2nd take or edit it out which leads me to believe that maybe they also need a refresher. To be clear the correct phrase would be: Have you guys SEEN that? or Did you SEE that. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE get it right next time or make sure you have a producer that knows how to edit your faux pas. Thank You, now we'll get back to our regularly schedule blog. Taraji P. Henson, Terrence Howard didn't need their mics, they rocked the place. Terrence was the winner, but it could have gone either way. My suggestion for next season. Let the people vote!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJySBRQ47qE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNXcNLdV0jE

Documentary Now
Okay, so I may have never "got" Portlandia, but finally a show I totally get and instantly fell in love with on IFC…Documentary Now. Basically, it's a spoof on real documentaries, done…documentary style. The first one starred Fred Armisen and Bill Hader as Little and big Vivvy in Sandy Passage, a take on the Grey Gardens documentary. Seth Meyers wrote this one, but Hader was brilliant as Little VIvvy with his sweatpant hair scarf. Seth even came up with Helen Mirren to introduce the program and a great product integration for Sam Adams beer. Also a good move, it's only 30 minutes. Hoping they're all as brilliant as this one.  Season Pass for me! 

THE OTHER STUFF

All of Stephen Colbert's buds from his Comedy Central show are now all of Stephen Colberts buds on his CBS show. Not sure why it's news that the same people who ran his old show are running his new show. Personally, I'm not sure I agree with this decision. I'd get some new blood for the new show, but Stephen was on Howard Stern this week for an hour and a half and from what he said, CBS is giving him free reign to do whatever he wants. If you have Sirius and haven't heard the interview, break out the dictionary app on the iphone and check it out. Stephen's a pretty interesting and VERY smart guy. What a vocabulary, I've never heard anyone throw in such nebulous verbiage before. (See how I attempted it?)

Friday's Trivia Question
Hope you've enjoyed this theme all month. From the number of responses and all of the feedback it seems this one was pretty popular. Here is the last one for a while. Tough one. 
Show #1 Arthur Fonzarelli, Howard & Marion Cunningham, Richie, Potsie & Ralph
Show #2 Patch & Kayla, Bo & Hope & Marlena
Answer: 

WWTM is going to LBI for awhile. Beach, cocktails, sunsets, mini golf, see...in my mind, I'm already there. I might post something for the VMA's but other than that if I have any thoughts or comments while I'm gone, I'll post them to the Facebook page. The first official post will be on Tuesday 9/8. Have a nice couple of weeks. I'll miss you guys! 

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment