Thursday, December 3, 2015

Married at First Sight, Survivor, Goldbergs, Black-ish and the Empire Winter Finale



THE ANSWER TO WEDNESDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Sela Ward, Patricia Kalember, Swoosie Kurtz and Julianne Phillips all were on the show SISTERS!
FIRST FIVES: Elke Raskob, Mike O'Dea, Melissa Sherman, Alex Nagler & Dave DeSocio
HONORABLE MENTION: Brett Blattman

THE NUMBERS 

Tuesdays Broadcast Top 5
The Voice-NBC 2.6/11.9
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer-CBS 2.3/9.0
Chicago Med-NBC 2.0/9.7
Chicago Fire-NBC 1.9/8.4
The Flash-CW 1.4/3.8

IT IS KILLING ME THAT THE GRINDER ONLY DELIVERED A .7/2.4...TELL YOUR FRIENDS PEOPLE!!! 

Tuesday's Cable Top 5
Big Bang Theory- TBS 1.0/2.9
Big Screen Movie-ABC Family .9/2.4
Curse of Oak Island-History .8/3.0
Real Housewives of Beverly Hills-Bravo .8/1.9
College Basketball-ESPN .8/2.0

Tuesday's Twitter Top 5 Primetime Ratings 
The Voice-NBC 1,064,000 Tweets
The Flash-CW 66,000 Tweets
Scream Queens-FOX 43,000 Tweets
Marvel's Agents of SHIELD-ABC 38,000 Tweets
Real Housewives of Beverly Hills-Bravo 20,000 Tweets
 

THE SHOWS 


Married at First Sight-Season 3
I didn't watch Married at First Sight Season 1 but I became OBSESSED with Season 2. Of course none of the couples in Season 2 stayed together and it was a complete bust. For anyone who has never watched MaFS and has no idea what I'm talking about. The show is exactly what the title says it is. 3 couples, matched by professionals, literally marry strangers. They meet at their weddings. This season takes place in Atlanta. I really like 2 of the 3 couples and while I don't love the third couple, I found the fact that the grooms grandma had an arranged marriage that she deemed a happy one. We only saw Tres and Vanessa walk down the aisle in the premiere and I'm assuming that the editors are screwing with us at this point because they left us hanging with Tres walking away from the pastor and his bride. My money says he needed a hankerchief or something and didn't actually leave for good. I know last season a bunch of you guys were just as obsessed with this show as I was. Hope you're back on board for another round. 

Survivor
Some really big moments and big moves this week. 
Kimmy and her major Long Gisland (not a typo) accent finally started playing the game. The loved ones showed up, and Jeremy found out he's having a son. Spencer actually said the words "I Love You" for the first time ever. Joe's Dad had me in tears with some heartfelt words for his lion maned son and Keith, a 52 year old guy beat Joe out for immunity after he passed out cold. Once I knew Joe was okay, I knew he was a goner. The Abi thing was ridiculous. Nice try on Joe's part but stupid nonetheless. Of course you keep her. Anyone sitting next to her wins. She's a wacko who's done nothing but outlast. She hasn't outplayed and she definitely will never outwit…that's for damn sure! 

The Goldbergs
SO MANY 80's moments for me. Top Gun alone was enough to make me happy. The shirtless volleyball, the music and all that butt slapping all…HAPPY!!!! The memory of Silver Ball arcade and all of my favorite games… HAPPY!!!! Pac Man AND Ms. Pac Man…happy of course. Adam's Queen concert tee shirt, Bev the WingMOM, battle of the grandpas, Barry Norman Goldberg all made me happy but the most happy moment was when I heard the word Benetton and Googled one of my top favorite shirts ever. I wore it with my Reebok High Tops. Please tell me this image makes you happy too:

Black-ish
O…M…G…just when you thought that Rainbow couldn't look any more bizarre, it happened. Rollers??? REALLY? The rollers/eye combo was just too much. How can Traci Ross Ellis let them do that to her? Is there  a reason to showcase the massive forehead now too? I'm sorry. I don't mean to freak out about this issue week in and week out but with all the amazing things that are done in hair and makeup trailers you'd think these issues could in fact be handled. Okay…feeling lighter now that I got that off my chest. Now… one more thing. Is Charlie gone for good? He better be back, we need him back. Nothing against Wanda Sykes, but I really need her out and Charlie in. 

Empire
I think we've all seen the numbers these past few months, they haven't been great compared to last season and honestly I get it. The show hasn't BEEN great this season BUT…the "winter finale" was pretty intense. I'm hoping there's some major course correction before it s returns in March. The Alicia Keys/Jamal tune was pretty much the only song all season worth adding to your Spotify playlist. Not a good thing when last seasons entire soundtrack was a must have. So here's where we netted out:
Jamal's still gay but he slept with Alica Keys
Alicia Keys LOOKED pregnant. Anika is but didn't look it,  and Rhonda was pregnant, looked pregnant but I'm pretty sure she's dead.
Jamal, Lucious & Frieda were nominated for fake AMA's and Hakeem wasn't
If you're a struggling dancer, now you need $500 bucks to learn all the Hoverboard moves so that you can get a gig to pay off the Hoverboard credit card bill. 
Tianna's still on the show
Charlamagne's a d**sh
Someone actually defined and executed the best "organic" integration I've seen to date, Bravo Pepsi. 
Naomi Campbell's back and she's into girls
Lucious is out (for now) and Hakeem's in (for now)
The Cookie prison thing was super lame. 

THE OTHER STUFF

-We all now know how awesome James Corden is. We all also know how awesome his Car Karaoke bit is too. I'd probably bet that James and his showrunners fall back on the segment and consider it a slamdunk. Welllllll not this time. We have to believe that James actually knows (and loves) the artists songs for the segment to work. Yes, Carrie Underwood is the biggest country music star in the world BUT the only time this segment was enjoyable was when Carrie and James did a little "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" Let me know if you agree. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fwjMuIAmXk

-I'm not a news person. Bad news just isn't good for me. It's not like I don't know what's going on in the world, I do, but I turn it off. I listen to music, I watch ridiculous reality shows, play with my dogs, work out, you get the idea. Anyway, last night when I WASN'T watching anything about San Bernadino, I found these two videos. They're both pretty amazing and took my mind to a much better place. Hope it works for you too! 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMATD2qk564

http://omeleto.com/218504/

-FXX renewed You're The Worst for another season, can't say I care at all.

-I have The Art of More on my list of shows to binge which is good because Crackle already renewed it for a 2nd season.  Anyone start this one yet? 

Thursday's Trivia Question: Who are Meri, Kody, Christine & Robyn Brown? 

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment