Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Married at First Sight & Real Housewives of Beveryl Hills-No SOTU for me.



THE ANSWER TO TUESDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Booker was a spin-off of 21 Jump Street
FIRST FIVES: Mike O'Dea, Bobby Aguilera, Neil Moffatt, Lillian Doremus & He Who Shall Not Be Named 
HONORABLE MENTION: Brett Blattman

THE NUMBERS 

Monday's Broadcast Top 5
Big Bang Theory-CBS 1.9/8.9
The Bachelor-ABC 1.9/6.8
Superstore-NBC 1.5/5.3
Scorpion-CBS 1.3/7.4
Biggest Loser-NBC 1.1/3.4

Monday's Cable Top 5
College Football Championship-ESPN 8.3/25.6
Love and Hip Hop 6-VH1 1.4/2.7
WWE-USA 1.2/3.2
Teen Mom-MTV 1.0/1.7
American Dad-Adult Swim .8/1.5 

Monday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings 
The Bachelor-ABC 187,000 Tweet
WWE Monday Night Raw-USA 147,000 Tweets
Love & Hip Hop-VH1 92,000 Tweets
Teen Mom-MTV 32,000 Tweets
Bachelor Live-ABC 15,000 Tweets

THE SHOWS

I didn't watch the State of the Union. Let me just put that out there. No judging, please. 

Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
I'm normally a huge Lisa Vanderpump fan, but she was a bit of a b*tch in this weeks episode. She really pushed Eileen about her relationship with Vince. You could see that Eileen was visually uncomfortable. When she told Lisa how she felt, Lisa made her feel worse. Lisa just thinks she can do and say anything she wants without any regard of how anyone feels, but she's NOTHING compared to Bethenny. I used to LOVE Bethenny but I am SO over her. She is just way too honest and thinks she's an authority on everything. I will give her this though, her house in the Hamptons is gorgeous. One question. Why would Bethenny need a chef when she actually IS a chef? More questions: What does Jiggy think about the ridiculous outfits Ken puts him in when he watches the show back? How did Kyle's rental house get so much food in the fridge, and flower arrangements all over the place? Who's house was that? There were family photos all over the place. Was it the CHEF's cooking or BETHENNY's cooking that gave Lisa Rinna the runs? How heavy did that Chanel necklace weigh? How much did Kathy Hilton pay Bethenny to be Paris and Nicky's driver? Did you guys go check out Erica Jane's video? Gotta give Lisa Rinna some props for showing her makeup-less face after her morning yoga routine. She's definitely a before and after kinda chick, huh?  

Married at First Sight
WHAT IS WRONG WITH ASHLEY? David is SO nice. He's trying so hard and she's just a total bummer. She wouldn't answer any of Dr. Logan's questions, she wouldn't give David a kiss on the Ferris wheel. She sucks. I'm assuming she's watched the show before. Does she know how it works? You can't just close yourself off completely. Why on earth did the pro's choose her? Trey and Vanessa seem really good together. I'm hoping the editors aren't just messing with us with them. I like them together. Even Neil and Sam seem to be moving in the right direction and I honestly didn't think that was possible with his crazy eyes and beard in the way. 

Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee
This week's passenger was Steve Martin. Never heard of a Siata before and NO I didn't mean a Miata. Probably never heard of it because they apparently only made 11 of them and it seems they weren't that reliable of a vehicle. Steve made fun of Jerry's sneakers and they really had real comedian conversation which I love. I recognized SO many of the roads and towns but, they ended up having eggs at the Pleasantville Diner. Gotta give props to Steve Martin or just good editing during the egg salad sandwich eating. I don't think Steve lost any of the salad out the sides at all. Those are some mad skills. Question for Jerry: Why wouldn't the back-up car be an Acura rather than a Jeep? I'd think Acura would be a bit pissed off, no? http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/president-barack-obama-just-tell-him-you-re-the-president 
THE OTHER STUFF

-48 hours after Shameless's 6th season premiered Showtime renewed it for a 7th season. My binge list is getting longer. I need to watch Shameless, Fargo & Mr. Robot. I really need a big snowstorm, a long plane ride or a weeks vacation. 

-Tomorrow is Car Karaoke with Adele and rumor has it that the Post Superbowl Car Karaoke is going to be Elton John! Can't wait for both editions. Last night it was Sing for Your Supper with Tori Kelly. Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMnRRlaPhVw 

-I'm not an X-Files fan AT ALL. I hate it and I hate David Duchovny BUT this Jimmy Kimmel skit was pretty good. Had to share it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6pLxYXpW8I

-Fun Fact #1: The average Millennial makes 39 trips to the grocery store in a year vs. the average Baby Boomer who makes 58 trips. That could possibly be because the average Baby Boomer probably forgets stuff and has to go back to the store.

-Fun Fact #2 156.5 million people access social media sights from their smartphones which is up 13% from a year ago.

-We SORT of already knew this, but now it's apparently official: Mike and Molly will end their run after the upcoming Season 6. As I said before, Melissa McCarthy's a big movie star now, I'm sure it's really all about her schedule, and her price tag at this point.

-There hasn't been any official news on The Good Wife and whether or not it would be returning for an 8th season yet, but if it does, Robert & Michelle King, the shows creators,  won't be coming back. Apparently they have always had the show laid out for 7 seasons and that was supposed to be it.  The Good Wife could theoretically go on for quite some time, but without the King's I'm already a bit concerned.

-I've REALLY been looking forward to TBS's new show, Angie Tribeca. I love Rashida Jones and now I know where Charlie from Black-ish went...to this show. Kevin Reilly's trying a hybrid launch approach. First there will be a 25 hour marathon  of the first 10 episodes starting on 1/17. Episodes 11-20 will begin airing on Mondays starting on 1/25. The show is a police procedural spoof. I REALLY hope this is as good in real life as it sound on paper. I'm rooting for Rashida, Kevin Reilly & TBS big time. 

-Homeland's comin to NYC next season. That's sorta cool, right? Carrie and Saul will be running all over the place saving us all from  

Wednesday's Trivia Question: What does the Five-O stand for in Hawaii Five-O?

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment