Monday, February 8, 2016

A Super Bowl Sunday Recap with a bunch of James Corden Links on the Side

February 8 2016

Trivia Answer: Michael Strahan was the talk show host who played in and WON a Superbowl

First Fives: Kelly Rogers, Mike O'Dea, Bobby Aguilera, Neil Moffatt & Jim Carter

Honorable Mention: Phyllis DiCesare


THE NUMBERS
Thursday's Broadcast Top 5
Big Gang Theory-CBS 3.8/15.2
Life in Pieces-CBS 2.2/9.0
American Idol-FOX 2.2/8.9
Mom-CBS 1.7/7.9
The Blacklist-NBC 1.5/6.4

Thursday's Cable Top 5
American Dad-Adult Swim .9/1.8
WWE Smackdown-USA .8/2.6
Democratic Debate-MSNBC .8/4.4
Big Bang Theory-TBS .8/2.0
Lip Sync Battle-.8/1.4

Thursday's Social Media Top 5
Democratic Candidates Debate-MSNBC 680,000 Tweets
The 100-CW 71,000 Tweets
American Idol-FOX 48,000 Tweets
WWE Smackdown-USA 43,000 Tweets
30 for 30-ESPN 33,000 Tweets

-Madoff didn't do that well in the ratings among us regular people. The show started out with a 1.2 RA18-49 which was 8th ranked for the night BUT...if you look at the ratings among the $100K peeps the number jumped to a 1.5 and became the 5th ranked show for the night. Bump that up even more to include the $200K peeps and you have a 1.6 and 4th for the night, so what did we learn? Rich people like watching rich people fall.


-Grease is STILL the word even days after it aired. The show grew 20% in live plus 3 viewing from 12.0 to 14.6 million viesers 
FOX is going to air Grease Live again on Easter Sunday, 3/27.


THE SHOWS
A Super Bowl Sunday Recap
We have been going to the same Super Bowl Party for 5 or 6 years. I think last night was my last one. I realllllly want to be able to watch it all and HEAR it all. I don't know many of the people that attend our friends Super Bowl Party and I really don't care THAT much about their kids, the classes their taking, the colleges they're looking at, their stress, who's drinking, who's not drinking, etc. I really just wanted to eat my girlfriend's amazing Mac-n-Cheese, settle into a comfy spot on the couch and watch WAY TOO MUCH Super Bowl. That didn't really happen, so the second it was over, I said my thank you's and went home to  re-watch Lady Gaga, the commercials and the Half-Time show. Lady Gaga KILLED that National Anthem. Loved the red glittery eye shadow, the American flag platforms, the blue claws and of course she knocked it OUT of the park. A+ to Lady Gaga. The game...was good. I honestly thought it was going to be a major blow out and Carolina would win, but instead, a perfect finale for Peyton Manning who's defense provided him with the storybook ending we all wanted for him. Kudos to Von Miller for a well deserved MVP title. Peyton owes him big time. Now...the Half Time Show...Did I love Chris Martin and Coldplay? Not really. I'm also not a huge Beyonce fan but she's impressive. Maybe it's the hair? Would she be AS awesome if she couldn't flip and fling that hair? Think about it. A bald Beyonce. Still as good?  Now...Bruno Mars, is awesome. I've seen him in concert and he's incredible. I did love all the colors, and the audience art but I'd like to see Van Halen or Bon Jovi  next year. Chris Martin's just not for everyone. He's super weird on stage and always seems like he's having an allergic reaction to something, doesn't he?  Next...the commercials. I guess the one everyone was flipping out about on Twitter was the monkey/puppy/baby one for Mountain Dew. I didn't like it, but I sure won't forget it. I don't love babies or monkeys so those aren't my 3 favorite things combined, but I'm typing about it and I remember it so the Mountain Dew people should consider it a win. My favorites were: Amazon Echo with Alec Baldwin and Dan Marino, The Jeff Goldblum "Moving On Up" spot for Apartments.com, the hot dogs running to Meet the Ketchups and Bud Light with Amy Schumer and Seth Rogan. Which were your faves?  There wasn't time to watch Billions or Downton, but I did check out Stephen Colbert's live show which honestly wasn't great. I don't think any of us were in the mood for him to interview Tina Fey or Margot Robbie about their movie. Just felt weird. James Corden's show, on the other hand, was amazing. Carpool Karaoke with Elton John and The History of Sports in 7 Minutes with Zac Efron, Adam Devine and Anna Kendrick and James updated 2 of the best Super Bowl commericals of all time. All of the links are below.  Definitely worth checking out. And so...another Super Bowl Sunday in the books. How many days until pitchers and catchers? How many days til March Madness? How many days til the NFL Draft? I'm sure some of you are counting one of those down? Hope you all enjoyed your Super Bowl Sunday.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nblf7Yw4jys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSqA4NpRZsE 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zjTJ4YPfDw 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUV_mJgBotc 

THE OTHER STUFF
 -I'm sure this clip was blowing up your news feed on Sunday before the big game. If you haven't seen it yet, I feel it's my duty to post it. Larry David's brilliant parody from SNL: Bern Your Enthusiasm. Check it out! 

-Not 1, not 2, but 3 more seasons of Orange is the New Black coming our way. In the book, Piper got out pretty quickly, but it's TV or should I say...it's NETFLIX so Piper's doing a longer stretch than her real life counterpart for the sake of the show. Of course, I wouldn't mind at all of Piper got out. Of all the inmates, she's the one I care least about. Either way, I'm psyched for 3 more seasons! 

-I'm SHOCKED that Shades of Blue's been renewed for another season but it does really well on delayed viewing. Again, I'm not sure delayed viewing helps if people are DVR'ing and skipping commercials. Wish I knew if it was DVR'ed or via the Watch Apps to understand viewership and consumption patterns better. Anyone out there know if this is info that is available?

- Check out this year's Oscar Swag basket. This is what the super wealthy celebs get when they show up to present the award. This years basket is worth $200K
Here is the full list of items:
Haze Dual V3 Vaporizer ($249.99) 
My M&M’s ($300) (What celebrity needs 300 bucks worth of personalized M&M's?)
Halo, Purely for Pets ($6,300) (VEGAN DOG FOOD!)
Explore Israel ($55,000) 
SilverCar ($45,000) Silver AUDI A4 Rentals
Lizora ($31,200) SKIN CARE
Tribute ($125)
Caolion ($134) SKIN CARE
Healing Saint by Dr. Jane 360 ($193)
Walk Japan ($54,000)
Alexi Seletzky, Celebrity Trainer ($900)
Belldini ($300 +) Womens clothing
Chocolatines ($35)
Dandi Patch ($21)
Delovery ($2,000)
Farm Wife Style ($25)
Fit Club TV “Ultimate Fitness Package” ($6,250)
Gleener on the Go ($11.99)
Golden Door ($4,800)
Grand Hotel Excelsior Vittoria ($5,000)
Grand Hotel Tremezzo ($5,000)
Greenhill Winery & Vineyards ($39)
Hydroxycut Gummies ($19.88)
Jay Cardiello  ($1,400)
Joseph’s Toiletries ($275)
Lat & Lo ($150)
Memobottle ($47)
Mezcal El Silencio ($75)
Mission1 Clean Protein Bar ($5.64/box)
Nuelle Fiera Arouser For Her ($250)
Phantom Glass ($49.95-$59.95)
Purely Inspired Organic Protein ($19.97)
Rougle Maple ($99)
Sedona Lace ($109.95)
Signature Vodka ($70)
Slimware ($29.95)
Steamist ($5,060)
Sundial Power Coating ($500)
Tools by Gina ($250)
Vampire Breast Lift ($1,900)
Zekkle Edge ($125)
740 Park MD ($5,530)

Monday's Post Super Bowl Trivia Questions: 
1) What is Lady Gaga's real name? 
2) Who won the coin toss? 
3) What beverage did Peyton Manning say he was going to consume in his post game interview?

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at tvnme
http://watchingwaytoomuch.com
kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com


No comments:

Post a Comment