Trivia Answer: Forest Gump won a Best Picture Oscar and all of the movies featured Tom Hanks
First Fives: James Gabriele, Mike O'Dea, Mark Campinelli, Bill McLaughlin & Brett Blattman
Honorable Mention: Larry Price
THE NUMBERSThursday's Broadcast Top 5
Big Bang Theory-CBS 3.8/15.9
Life in Pieces-CBS 2.1/9.2
American Idol-FOX 2.1/8.7
Grey's Anatomy-ABC 2.1/7.2
Thursday's Cable Top 5
Republican Debate-CNN 2.7/13.1
American Dad-Adult Swim .9/1.8
WWE Smackdown-USA .8/2.3
Flip or Flop-HGTV .7/2.3
Big Bang Theory-TBS .6/1.7
Thursday's Social Media Top 5
Republican Presidential Debate-CNN 2,217,000 Tweets
American Idol-FOX 122,000 Tweets
Grey's Anatomy-ABC 113,000 Tweets
Scandal-ABC 76,000 Tweets
How to Get Away With Murder-ABC 60,000 Tweets
THE SHOWSFuller House
So there's been a ton of press and reviews on Fuller House, the Netflix Full House reboot and all of the reviews have been pretty negative. Here's the thing, do you remember Full House? It wasn't GOOD. It was cute and cheesy and was part of the TGIF lineup that was for families and kids. It wasn't an Emmy winning anything. It was gooey sweet. It was harmless. The Olsen twins didn't MAKE the show and John Stamos didn't MAKE the show it was the whole cheesy family that made the show what it was. This reboot has a sprinkling of Danny, Joey, Uncle Jesse and Rebecca but it really focus's on DJ, Stephanie and Kimmy and their kids. It's still cheesy, it's still sweet and it's still harmless. Is it MUST SEE TV? No, but if you want to throw something on for the little ones, they'd probably enjoy. I watched the first 5 episodes. Will I finish? Maybe. Do you NEED to see Fuller House? No. If anything, the pilot episode which was more of a reunion show would be what I'd say you should watch but after that...ehhh.
Oscar's Red Carpet
- Didn't Ryan Seacrest wear that same gray tux on the last red carpet? You'd think that with his own line of formal wear he'd rotate outfits. You'd also think he'd hide the wire inside his jacket and through his pants. instead it looked like he had a very long thread hanging hanging out the back of his jacket that needed to be cut.
- Alicia Vikander is so breathtakingly beautiful that it didn't matter at all that the yellow Louis Vuitton dress was so hideous.
- Sofia Vergara's usually awesome on the red carpet, but last night, she looked over Botoxed to me. The dress, eh, didn't love it.
- Jacob Tremblay was more interesting than most of the adults on the red carpet. Who knew Armani made tuxes in a 6T
- It's just wrong when Whoopi Goldberg tries to dress up. I'd never go off the shoulder with that tattoo. I can't even imagine her in the makeup chair saying yes to eyelash extensions. The octopus bling, yes, but eyelash extensions? No way Jose.
- I know this is going to be a shock, but, I think I actually liked Giuliana Rancic's dress. Not sure when the last time I might have typed those words. Anytime Giuliana wears the hair pulled back...Olive Oyl. You know...Olive Oyl from Popeye
- Is Priyanka Chopra not stunning? Her eyebrows are amazing. Much more of an accent than on Quantico. Hated that belt. Totally ruined the dress. Looked like a hose clamp.
- Olivia Wilde's hair had a ton of fly aways. So much time and energy must have gone into that hairdo and yet, it looked like it only took 5 minutes. Her dress was made for a person with bigger boobs. It mad her look she needed Aunt Jemima syrup for her pancakes. The sticky tape was working overtime. Is it actual tape or is it a spray? Is it easy to take off? Any stylists reading?
- Saoirse (pronounced SERSHA) Ronan looked really good but, with all the green, I'm wondering why she went with blueish gray eye shadow. I'm sure the non matching earrings were cool to someone, but not to me. I'm old school. They needed to match the dress. Did you catch the extra long hand hold between her and Ryan Seacrest? She just didn't want to let go.
- Common looked like he was wearing a corset or something under his jacket. What was that? It didn't really match, did it? Was it guy Spanxx? Never thought Common had a weight problem maybe it was just a poor choice.
- Olivia Munn looked awesome in red. Why Aaron Rogers chose not to stand with her when Ryan was asking his stupid questions is beyond me. I would have preferred Ryan calling out the 12 carat ROCK on Olivia's wrist and making Aaron a bit uncomfortable about it. "When ya gonna put a ring on it, Aaron?"
- As usual, Jennifer Jason Leigh looked wasted and like she JUST got a face lift where she requested the DELUXE package. She was pulled tighter than Whoopi Goldberg's Spanxx
- Rooney Mara always looks scary and beautiful at the same time. I didn't love those hair balls but the dress was interesting. Although, with all those birthmarks, I don't know if I'd go with a backless look.
- Brie Larson looked like she was wearing Kristi Yamaguchi's Olympic costume
- Heidi Klum's dress was super strange, but she could wear a Glad Lawn & Leaf bag and look good. I just don't understand that the woman is surrounded by stylists and is considered a fashion expert and yet, she NEVER gets the red carpet right.
- Sylvester Stallone looking tanned and pulled super tight. He's turning 70 this year. The wife, she'll be 48 in August. Remember when Sly broke up with her via fax? We forgave him for that, but obviously, I haven't forgotten.
- Chrissy Teigen was very very pregnant and very very beautiful but peeing in that dress couldn't possibly be easy. I can only imagine what went on in the ladies room.
- Brian Cranston's suit was toooo shiny and he had a cookie with his face on it with him that fell and broke. Lucky for Seacrest. He would have had to fake eat it.
- Henry Cavil in velvet. I'd love to rub up against him. He would have been a PERFECT Christian Gray
- Every time Jason Segal speaks I forget that he has a much more nasal voice in real life than Marshall did on How I Met Your Mother.
- Super awkward kiss between Biden's daughter and Ryan Seacrest, was that a setup?
- Kerry Washington's earrings were SICK! I loved her dress too but I think she could have used some Crest White Strips? Her teeth look like the needed a good scrubbing.
- Michael Strahan should date Priyanka Chopra. They look good together.
- Matt Damon's pants were messed up. Did you notice?
- Julianne Moore's dress was nice but did she even wash that hair?
- Did someone hit Louis Gossett Jr on the head with a hammer? What was that bump on his head?
- Lady Gaga had some serious camel tow and her BFF/designer/stylists's pantsuit made her boobs look awful. If that's what someone who loves you designs for you, I'd hate to see what the haters would have come up with.
- Tina Fey's necklace was insane and matched her dress perfectly. Nobody asked her about it. I need to know how much that sucka goes for.
- Cate Blanchett's dress was hideous. looked like a bird sneezed and all the feathers landed on her.
- Liev Schreiber barely speaks in person and as Ray Donovan. I feel like Naomi and Liev are the kind of couple that go to dinner and sit across from each other and don't speak a word.
- Why was Leonardo DiCaprio's bowtie so tiny? Why doesn't he barely open his mouth when he speaks? It's like his lips are scared to be away from each other.
- Kevin Hart's Dolce & Gabana tux was blinged OUT! He's sooooo tiny. I know I say that every time I see him but he's sooooo tiny!
- Strahan threw on a glove and held an Oscar. The statue looked fake in his enormous bear mitts.
- Price Waterhouse guy, Brian...did look a lot like Matt Damon
- Chris Evans and his sister Carly were cute. We can see who got the looks in that family
- Did you see that woman trying to get on camera behind Amy Rohrbach? I bet when she watches she'll realize how awful her dress choice was.
- Charlize Theron's red dress...gorgeous. I'd think the necklace would tickle my belly all night long.
- Loved the backstage access to the green room and auditorium. Wish there was more of that.
- Russell Crowe looked bloated which made Ryan Gossling look even better.
- Mark Ruffalo's wife's name is Sunrise? WHAT? What was up with Sunrise's dress and hair? Did Mark actually say before they left the house. "You Look Beautiful, Sunrise." Because if he did he was lying.
- Jennifer Garner looked awesome GOOD FOR HER! There were a ton of good looking single dudes for her to be looking good for.
- Now let's get on with the show
- Chris Rock came out wearing a white jacket. Set the tone, I'd say. Overall, I thought his monologue was rollercoastery... There were funny moments, not so funny moments, awkward moments, not so awkward moments and moments of discomfort which is what I'm sure he was going for.
- Camera man must have been laughing so much he forgot to do his job!
- Did you see Chris's ear thing fell out. Why'd he need an earpiece anyway?
- Emily Blunt's pregnant, I'm sure she'd want me to let everyone know she didn't gain weight, she's just having another kid.
- Best Original Screenplay-Spotlight. Did we need the play by play from each script during a show that's known for going over on time?
- What do we think about the Thank You scroll? Felt like I was watching CNN and with the show ending after midnight, it didn't end up saving time really.
- Russell Crowe and Ryan Gossling were funny and I hate Russell Crowe
- Best Adapted Screenplay-The Big Short
- Adam McKay's a big dude with very tiny glasses, huh? Is his wife's brother, Jeremy Piven? Need to look into that.
- Chris back with a black package. Sort of cute. I was just happy to see Leslie Jones & Tracy Morgan.
- The Stacy Dash thing was sooooper awkward. I don't think we thought she'd really come out and you'd have to really know her deal on FOX News to appreciate the bit.
- Sarah Silverman looked she was operating independently from her dress. her skin moved, her head moved, but her dress didn't move at all.
- Sam Smith lost weight, I'm not a fan. Quick game of Candy Crush
- What was that pin that JK Simmons was wearing? A Jewish Sun Pin?
- Best Supporting Actress: Alicia Vikander. The dress looked like a costume from a high school play but the woman is gorgeous.
- The costume props for Cate Blanchett's Best Costume introduction wasn't really necessary. When will they just learn, to just throw celebs out and give out awards. We don't need much. Just that.
- Best Costume Design-Mad Max: Fury Road. Of course the costume chick was wearing a bedazzled biker jacket, black pants and a scarf from the Gap. She probably needed a costume chick to help her out for the evening, no?
- Tina Fey was my fave of the evening. There was that insane necklace again. Oh, yeah, and Steve Carell
- Best Production Design-Mad Max: Fury Road
- Margo Robbie and Jared Leto would make a great couple. Was Jared wearing a live flower instead of a tie? Jared's hot, and yeah I get it, he's a rocker, but what the hell was with his tux? Why didn't he call Seacrest or Strahan for help. I didn't think Margot looked that great. He hair looked dirty and messy. Far cry from her Wolf of Wall Street red carpet look.
- Best Hair & Makeup: Mad Max: Fury Road. The microphone was like a clown nose on the woman who won, she was so little.
- Jennifer Garner looked awesome. Benicio looked like someone woke him from a coffin.
- Real Joy Mangano, Mike Rezendes, fake Suge Knight in a straight jacket. Ehhh not that big a deal.
- Michael B. Jordan and Rachel McAdams FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS ALERT! Weird camera work on this one. I'd almost say...poor cinematography but that would be ironic wouldn't it?
- Best Cinematography: The Revenant (I cannot stress how much I hated The Revenant)
- Best Film Editing: Mad Max Fury Road
- Black History Minute was sort of cute but I feel like now we're beating a dead horse with this. Can we move on?
- Chadwick Boseman received a hand close-up. Planned or mistake? I'd say mistake. For the record he was the guy who played Jackie Robinson.
- Best Sound Editing: Mad Max: Fury Road - The winners were pretty stoked. Maybe a bit TOO happy?
- Best Sound Mixing: I think Sound Editing and Mixing could have been combined in the case to save time guys. Mad Max Fury Road
- Andy Serkis...in case you're wondering, he was in Star Wars.
- Best Visual Effects: Ex-Machina - That was a bit surprising.
- C3pO, R2D2 and BB8 all in da house! Jason Tremblay woke up at that point. So did I. I love that BB8 duded
- Girl Scout Cookie bit...sorta funny...sorta but then, like everything else with this show, it went on too long!
- Best Animated Short: Bear Story ANYONE ever heard of it? This award could be given out online guys. Save more time here.
- Woody and Buzz are cool but do we need the schtick? I'm starting to fade.
- Best Animated Feature: Inside Out I need to see that one
- Kevin Hart is the best, if you haven't heard his Howard Stern interview, check it out when you have time.
- Always obsessed with The Weekend's hair but that check spinning above him redirected my attention a bit.
- Kate Winslett looked HORRIBLE, Reese looked gorgeous from the neck up. Hated her dress.
- Kate Capshaw looked TERRIBLE. What happened to her? You'd think with Spielberg money, she can afford the best of everything. Looks like she was doing Botox on a Budget and maybe even Oscar Style on a Budget. Ugh what a bummer.
- Chris went to Compton. Pretty funny stuff actually. Nobody had heard of any of the nominated movies. Classic.
- OMG Please Patricia Arquette, don't you EVER look at yourself in the mirror? Even if you don't, maybe Oscar night is the one night you should.
- Best Supporting Actor: Mark Rylance for Bridge of Spies. REALLY??? The one movie I DIDN'T SEE???
- I find it funny that Lady Gaga and Taylor Kinney had better seats than Steven Spielberg and his now hideous wife, Kate Capshaw. What a mess
- Louis CK…actually funny unlike Horace & Pete
- Best Documentary Short: A Girl in the River. Was the winner wearing shoes? Did she brag about having 2 Oscar's? I think she did. What an ego. Only in Hollywood.
- Loving the Kohl's commercials
- Dev Patel was super sweaty and his hair was a mess. I bet Daisy Ridley was totally grossed out by him.
- Best Documentary Feature: Amy. The only one of the documentaries I did see.
- How'd Matt Damon get the best seat in the house?
- Price Waterhouse kids funny
- Girl Scout Cookies…again? Was that a product integration? Girl Scouts of America must have been psyched.
- Whoopi looked like she wanted to rip that dress off, rip those Spanxx off, get out her PAX and chill with a bag of Doritos
- Sheryl Boone Isaacs, the President of the Academy, fed everyone some BS about change. They should play her speech back to her next year to see if she did her job and if not, present the new President of the Academy. Now that would be good TV
- In Memoriam with Dave Grohl singing "Blackbird" and then he sang it again…and again and I think…again.
- Jacob Tremblay and Abraham Attah. If you haven't seen Beasts of No Nation on Netflix I'd recommend it. Just know you'd have to be in the mood to be upset by pretty much everything you see for 2 hours.
- Best Live Action Short: Stutterer and yet the winner did not stutter at all during his speech. Another award that can be given out online.
- Sofia Vergara and WHO? Byung Hun Lee was from G.I. Joe. He gets to present at The Oscars? Really?
- Best Foreign Language Feature: Son of Saul (Hungary)
- VP of the US, Joe Biden got a standing ovation. Hollywood loves Joe. Did I know that Joe had such beautiful blue eyes before?
- Lady Gaga performing…I'm reallllly struggling to stay awake at this point.
- Quincy Jones is 83 years old
- Best Original Score: Ennio Morricone for The Hateful Eight and he only spoke Italian
- OMG I'mmmmm sssllllleeepy
- Best Song: Sam Smith who's reallly dying of hunger at this point
- Yeah Gay People…clapppppppp clappppp clappppp. Pretty sure an openly gay man has won an Oscar before but I'd need to check on that.
- Sacha Baron Cohen came out as Ali G with Olivia Wilde. Sasha scares me.
- J.J. Abrams just seems cockier than ever. I guess I'd be cockier than ever if I just made like a gabillion bucks on Star Wars.
- Best Director: Alejandro Inarritu for the worst movie of the bunch, The Revenant. Last year he won for Birdman, the worst movie of 2014 and now this one too? Ahhhhhhhhh
- Eddie, at this late stage in the broadcast, did we need the descriptions and the clips, we should just go to the clips at this point.
- J Law…we didn't see much of her all night.
- Best Actress: Brie Larson for Room. Very well spoken for 3 hours in.
- I need to watch these award shows in California. It's only 9pm there.
- Julianne Moore's forehead Botox was getting the spotlight with her "I totally forgot to blot" look.
- Best Actor: Leonardo DiCaprio. Lips still scared of being apart from each other, but still a pretty eloquent speech. FYI, Leo's friends are known as the P*ssy Party. Just saying.
- Morgan Freeman's our final presenter of the evening? Did he add an earring? I always thought he was a one earring guy.
- Best Movie: Spotlight! THANK GOODNESS! If The Revenant had won, I would have freaked the F out. I actually think of all the nominated films the right film won, but my fave pic was Straight Out of Compton. It wasn't nominated which was RIDICULOUS!
- Note to the Academy and next years show producers. You need to do something about modernizing the show, speeding it up and making it truly reflect the films the public actually sees. Change the categories, and move some of them online. One of the most boring shows ever. No reason why the show has to be so long and so boring. Look at all the other award shows that do it right. OMFG guys.
THE OTHER STUFF
-Satisfaction on USA should have never been renewed for a 2nd season. It went off the rails pretty quick in Season 1 and disappointed many viewers, me being one of them. USA officially cancelled the show over the weekend. They did have some good news for Josh Holloway and the cast of Colony, those guys are on for a 2nd season.
Monday's Trivia Question: What was Leonardo DiCaprio's character's name on Growing Pains?
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at tvnme