Trivia Answer: Drew Carey worked at a department store called Winfred-Lauder. Not too many fans of the show apparently…only 7 correct answers. Note to self…no more Drew Carey questions. To be honest, I never watched it either. I took the question from one of those trivia cards I got for my birthday.
First Fives: Mike O'Dea, Monica Caraffa, Jim Carter, James Gabriele & Karen Feldman
Honorable Mention: Chuck Chiocco
Wednesday's Broadcast Top 5
Survivor-CBS 2.1/9.2 (I guess when 3 people collapse you win the night)
The Voice-NBC 2.0/9.1
Modern Family-ABC 1.2/4.6
Hell's Kitchen-FOX 1.2/4.2
Wednesday's Cable Top 5
Big Bang Theory-TBS 1.0/2.6
Democratic Debate-CNN .9/3.9
American Dad-Adult Swim .9/1.9
Mob Wives 6-VH1 .6/1.2
Wednesday's Social Media Top 5
Democratic Debate-CNN 670,000 Tweets
Hannity-FOX News 52,000 Tweets
Victoria's Secret Swim Special-CBS 44,000 Tweets
Survivor-CBS 28,000 Tweets
The Voice-NBC 23,000 Tweets
Late Night Ratings for the Week of 2/29/16-3/4/16
Early Morning Ratings for the Week of 2/29/16-3/4/16
Today Show 1.6/1.9
CBS This Morning: 1.0/1.1
Yes, I came back for the newest episode of the Republican Convention, I even went with bullet points but…you'll see what happened.
- In case you didn't know, that guy , the GOP Chairman, with the purple tie's name was Reince Priebus. YES THAT IS HIS NAME I GOOGLED IT
- John King has gorgeous hair
- John King's tie peeking out of his jacket was bugging me
- Anderson Cooper's jacket and tie were perfect
- Jake Tapper could be Jason Sudekis
- Who knew there was CNN Water and CNN Mugs
- Jake Tapper's pocket square was a mess. My friend Chuck needs to consult, I consider him a pocket square expert
- Shout OUT and the moment of silence for Nancy Reagan
- Donald needs his chin and neck done
- The Frost singers were really unattractive but they are very good singers
- What was up with Ted Cruz's thick bracelet?
- Did you catch Donald patting his chest during the National Anthem…keeping the beat? Checking for a heartbeat?
- When they introduced the panel it really looked like an SNL skit
- I'd recommend a new bell the one they are using sounds too much like a game show bell
- Rubio has crazy big bat ears
- Cruz just makes me laugh looking at him
- TPP OPP baby you know me
- Stephen Dinan…at first cute and then as you look closer at him he's actually sort of weird looking. VERY SQUINTY
- Kasich looks like he really wears overalls and flannel shirts and belongs on a farm riding a tractor
- 2 light blue ties, 2 red ties
- Ted Cruz looks like both Grandpa Al Lewis from the Muensters and Eddie Muenster. Checkout the photos below
- Nobody's fighting, nobody's screaming, I'm getting bored. Gonna go watch Scandal
Seriously what is with the following: Mellie's eyebrows, Fitz being a slut, Michael braiding a dolls hair, and Liv's jacket that looked like the carpet my parents had in the den in 1972? Cy is really an amazing puppet master but I just knew the entire brother Oliver thing was a fake. I knew it. Ask my husband, he watched with me and I said before Michael even asked, that Oliver wasn't real and neither was the entire Harvard thing. I was pretty proud of myself thinking, Shonda can't shock me. She didn't get me this time and then BOOM...she got me with Jake and the blond Amal Clooney getting engaged. Didn't see that one coming especially since Jake showed up in Olivia's bedroom with what seemed to be the Jerry Seinfeld swirl move. I wonder if he shared "the move" with Fitz, too? Not that Fitz needs a move, he's the President that should be enough for all those chicks coming in and out. I'm betting Joshua Malina is in his glory with his current storyline. Not sure how many sex scenes he's had over the course of his career but pretty sure, since I'm a Joshua Malina fan that this David Rosen sleeping with the VP and her advisor is the best thing to happen to him in a while. Sure one of them is a real life lesbian but who cares? Do we like Frank Vargas enough to be interested? I think we might. I guess since Olivia did her "thing" we are hoping that his all Fitz needed to get it together but he's not going to be that interesting if all he's sleeping with is the Education Bill.
THE OTHER STUFF
-USA made it official yesterday, the next season of Royal Pains will be the last season of Royal Pains. On May 10th the first of the final 8 episodes will begin. Never been a big Royal Pains fan and yet, I do enjoy Marc Feurstein for the most part. I'm sure that dude'll turn up somewhere.
-Was the show, The Tick, that great that it needs to be resurrected? Another one I didn't watch but Amazon is bringing it back for some reason. No word yet if Patrick Warburton aka David Puddy will be back to actually play The Tick but I guess that will depend on whether or not his new NBC show "Crowded " does well. Again, I've never watch The Tick but I'm guessing that Patrick Warburton was part of its success, no? Was it SO good that it doesn't even need him? If it was so good how come it stunk it up ratings wise?
-I'm getting very worried about my beloved Carpool Karaoke. I don't like the idea of expanding the segment too fast. I'm thrilled for James Corden and of course I want him to "build his brand" but the Late Late Show isn't big enough yet. Sure, I was happy about his Super Bowl special and I guess a Primetime Special isn't a terrible idea, but an entire show of Carpool Karaoke this soon is a mistake. Jimmy Fallon waited a while to spin Lip Sync Battle off but he could do that, he's number one in late night and has a built in audience. I love you James Corden, but my advice…be patient.
-There's a lot to watch out there but Outlander's back in a few weeks for its 2nd Season, I realllllllly think you guys should all take some time to catch up on Season 1. I need more of you in on this one before we get started again. Please take my advice. I'm right about this.
Friday's Trivia Question: Which NY baseball player needed some help moving on Seinfeld?
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at tvnme