Thursday, April 7, 2016

Survivor, The Goldbergs, OJ & The Last American Idol...EVER!

April 7, 2016

Trivia Answer: Pam was the first receptionist on The Office (US) and she was replaced by Erin.

First Fives: Mike O'Dea, Dave DeSocio, Monica Caraffa, Bobby Aguilera & Chuck Chiocco

Honorable Mention: Jim Carter

THE NUMBERS
Tuesday's Broadcast Top 5
NCIS-CBS 2.0/15.3
NCIS New Orleans-CBS 1.7/12.1
Chicago Fire-NBC 1.6/7.7
American Idol: American Dream-FOX 1.4/5.9
The Voice-NBC 1.3/6.7

 
Tuesday's Cable Top 5
People vs OJ-FX 1.3/3.2
American Dad-Adult Swim .8/1.5
Womens NCAA-ESPN .7/2.9
NBA-TNT .7/1.6
Big Bang Theory-TBS .7/1.8

Tuesday's Social Media Top 5
Black Girls Rock-BET 215,000 Tweets 
People vs. OJ-FX 62,000 Tweets
Shadowhunters-Freeform 57,000 Tweets
American Idol-FOX 38,000 Tweets
At Midnight-Comedy Central 26,000 Tweets 


THE SHOWS

Lots on last night, but I had dinner with some of my favorite people and didn't get home until late. Tough decisions to make, but I landed on Survivor & The Goldbergs. Now I have a TON to catch up on!  No regrets. Fun night, great friends & great food and this awesome cocktail I'm sort of obsessed with. 

Survivor

It's really hard at this point for me in the game because I'm not sure I like anyone at all with the exception of Tai. I can't stand Debbie, I can't stand Jason, I can't stand Scott, I can't stand Nick, I want to like Cydney, Julia, and even Aubry, but I just don't. So if Tai gets voted off at any point, I'm going to freak out. The reward challenge for me was a bit of an issue. Was it really a good idea for an ice cream reward? All that lactose into bodies that probably had a VERY hard time processing it. I can only imagine what went on after the winners finished their sundae's. Next poor decision of the night...Scott & Nick on the same team for the immunity challenge. Seemed completely unfair to me. Strength and height was an obvious advantage, I had a huge problem with that one. Good decision of the night...subtitles for Cydney. I complain when they use them for Tai because we can all understand every word he says, but Cydney, I had no idea what she was saying. The subtitles were a necessity and very helpful. Did anyone catch when Debbie came down off the post from the immunity challenge? She really looked like one of those neanderthal models at the Museum of Natural History that demonstrates our evolution from apes. She's really tough to look at but she did help blindside Nick and that was awesome. He's a self proclaimed cocky, arrogant a-hole who totally deserved an early exit. Well done women! 

The Goldbergs
Not a good one last night. I HATED Dungeons and Dragons and the kids in my school that were into it. The whole picking teams in gym, also another thing I hated and wasn't picked last, actually back in the day I was one of the first girls picked, but still, the entire picking of teams everyday was humiliating and stupid and I still can't get over how that was totally fine and just the way we did it back then. I also hated the entire thing with Erica going to college and Pops and Beverly wanting to go too. It's enough already. Not a good episode at all with the exception of the song. Anyone got it? 10 bonus points if you not only know the song, but the artist too. Great tune. It was also in the MOVIE Clueless.  


THE OTHER STUFF

-Before TBS's new show The Detour even premieres, it's already gotten the green light for a 2nd season. Samantha Bee and Jason Jones must be celebrating big time! She's got a full season order, he's got 2 seasons, maybe they can get the bathroom remodeled or put a deposit on the Tesla. With this news, the can go with the S! 

-As you know this blog is Kardashian free, but I have to report that Khloe's show Kocktails with Khloe has been cancelled 2 months after it had been renewed. Khloe's got plenty of dough so she probably already had the expensive Tesla and I'm sure her bathroom's in great shape, so put it behind you and move on Khloe. 

-I did finish The People vs. OJ. last night too. What an awesome mini-series. So much I either didn't know or had forgotten completely. I know this sounds weird, but even though I knew the verdict, I was still watching and feeling suspense, like it would turn out different somehow. I had forgotten that it only took 4 hours and that there were only 2 jurors who thought OJ was guilty. The whole thing was crazy. Great mini-series. If you missed it, no worries, FX is running all 10 episodes this Saturday 4/9. DVR it, or just sit home and watch it all at once. It's so damn good! 

Thursday's Trivia Question: Tonight is the last night EVER of American Idol. Which of these Idol contestants did NOT win their season:
Carrie Underwood
Chris Daughtry
Jordin Sparks
Clay Aiken
Jennifer Hudson
Kelly Clarkson
Katherine McPhee
Adam Lambert

  WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at tvnme
http://watchingwaytoomuch.com
kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment