Trivia Answer: Matthew Rhys, Keri Russell both currently star in The Americans.
First Four:Ed Ziskind, Dani Jackel, Karen Feldman & Monica Caraffa
THE NUMBERSThursday's Broadcast Top 5
Grey's Anatomy-ABC 2.3/8.1
Big Bang Theory-CBS 1.7/8.6
The Odd Couple-CBS 1.4/6.1
The Blacklist-NBC 1.3/6.8
Thursday's Cable Top 5
NBA Playoffs-ESPN 2.2/5.4
60 Days In-A&E .8/1.9
American Dad-Adult Swim .8/1.6
Big Bang Theory-TBS .5/1.3
Thursday's Social Media Top 5
Grey's Anatomy-ABC 134,000 Tweets
The 100-CW 45,000 Tweets
Jimmy Kimmel-ABC 37,000 Tweets
WWE Smackdown-USA 35,000 Tweets
At Midnight-Comedy Central 31,000 Tweets
Late Night Ratings for the Week of 5/9/16-5/13 /16
James Corden .3/1.2
Last year, Caitriona Balfe Sam Heughan and Tobias Menzies were robbed of Emmy nominations and quite frankly, Tobias Menzies who plays the super evil Blackjack Randall in Outlander should have won. This year, if Caitriona Balfe, aka Claire, doesn't get an Emmy nomination, I am going to freak the F out. When we last left Claire she was bleeding out as her husband was heading to jail. Of course she lived but her baby, Faith, didn't make it. There was a ridiculous amount of blood, but thanks to the awesome little magical dude with super magical hands and crazy GPS, he found Claire touched her a bit inappropriately and left. That's all it took and she was cured. Not only did he fix her up but she was miraculously able to have 30 seconds of sex with the King even without a follow up "all clear" appointment with a doctor. She had to sleep with the creepy king to save Jamie's life. Luckily the king was in out...literally. Jamie was set free and the first thing he learned when he got home was that his baby was dead and his wife had sex with the king. Maybe prison wasn't such a bad place? The good news...Claire and Jamie are headed back home to Scotland.
Billboard Music Awards
The E! red carpet was a joke. Other than Ariana Grande, not one major star was interviewed. Totally ridiculous and a waste of my time quite frankly. Not that I had much going on last night but I'm sure I could have emptied that dishwasher, done another load of laundry and maybe taken the dogs for a lap or two around the block. Oh well.
A few themes I noticed at last night's BBMA's. There were lip sync'ers and none lip sync'ers. Those who can sing and barely dance vs. those who can sort of sing but can really dance. Really short thank you speeches, ABC/Disney celeb presenters, lots of darkness, and as usual with award shows these days, hardly any actual awards presented. Let's go right to the bullet points, shall we?
- If there's one thing we did know...T-Mobile was our sponsor for the night and this time they went big with their own arena, pink carpet, tons of on site signage and those hilarious Drake spots.
- Britneyyyy Spears opened the show looking pretty amazing in a red hot blingy bikini. I guess the 34 year old Mom of 2 is comfortable with her kids seeing her "on the pole" if it pays for the new PS4.
- Ashton and Mila were cute together in the audience and apparently enjoy Britney on and off the pole.
- Ludacris, aka "Luda" and Russell Wilson's fiance, Ciara were our hosts for the evening.
- No way Russell Wilson and Ciara haven't DONE IT yet
- You know a diamond is big when a rapper calls out how big a diamond is
- One tiny bit of controversy in the opening monologue which was enjoyable, Luda's Diss on the Oscars for the lack of color
- The Weekend didn't look too thrilled to be there
- Heidi Klum and Michael Strahan (ABC/Disney Employee)
- Top 100 Hot Artist-THE WEEKEND dedicated his award to Prince with this great quote. "I didn't know know him but he was very close to me"
- Presenter #3: Jojo Fletcher the new Bachelorette (ABC/Disney Employee)
- Shawn Mendes performed a slower, acousticy version of "Stitches" in a fake thunder and lightning storm which I didn't love
- Ashton Kutscher needs a grown up haircut
- Top Hot 100 Song-Wiz Khalifa "See You Again" I don't love that song
- Fifth Harmony performed "Work" If they swapped out girls and put new ones in would we ever know? Can you even name one member of the group?
- Priyanka Chopra (ABC/Disney Employee) and Seraraya from Empire were beautiful presenters
- Meghan Trainor performed "No" with the super long fingernails. Guessing she didn't zip her own dress
- Mark Cuban (ABC/Disney Employee) had some nip issues while presenting with Miss America (ABC/Disney show)
- Top Country Song- Thomas Rhett "Die a Happy Man" I happen to be a huge Thomas Rhett fan and really wonder if he does his own hair
- I'm always amazed at how famous DJ Khaled is. Did you catch his mega BLING? Is that all Snapchat money?
- Justin Bieber didn't look to thrilled to be performing. Hard to see him at first with all the crazy effects. I do actually like the crew cut.
- I enjoyed Mila Kunis's reference to her co-star Kristen Bell as "KBELL"
- P!nk was back flying in the air again. Once she landed on stage, I was happy to see the P!nk hair back and the crazy shoes. I thought she was literally going to catch on fire at the end but my husband assured me that she wasn't as close to the flames as she appeared.
- I struggle tryng to think of anything Jessica Alba's ever done
- Top Male Artist-Justin Bieber with barely any words of thanks
- Nick Jonas & Tove Lo performed "Close." I love Nick, but find it very hard to understand most of what he's says. I don't have that issue at all with Demi Lovato who performed "Cool for the Summer" with weird gloves and gold nails
- Lukas Graham performed "7 Years" Am I the only one who hates that song and has trouble looking at Lukas?
- Pete Wentz looked tiny next to Thomas Rhett who isn't that tall which means Pete's really, really tiny.
- Gwen and Blake performed "Go Ahead and Break My Heart" and Gwen looked really weird without her signature red lipstick and dark eyebrows. I wonder if she was going for a Khaleesi look. I can tell you this, Khaleesi doesn't have such a a veiny neck
- Keke Palmer and Kelly Rowland...I got nothing on them.
- I still love "Cake by the Ocean" by DNCE. Have you seen the new "Toothbrush" video with Ashley Graham? If not, here it is: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=toothbrush Loved Nick, Demi and Wilder Valderama singing along like I was.
- Kate Beckinsale is so pretty. Did you all know that Michael Sheen is her daughter's father?
- Top Billboard 200 Album-Adele who sent not 1 but 2 videos. An acceptance and her new tune where she's dressed like a chair from a Summer home in Lankashire
- Kesha performed for the first time since the entire Dr. Luke drama. She sort of looked a bit like Colonel Sanders. She sang Bob Dylan's "It Aint Me Babe" with a guy who looked like Bob Dylan on violin
- Zendaya's way tooooo skinny and has no boobs at all but she's still super hot
- Top R&B Song-The Weekend "The Hills" I'm still hypnotized and curious by the hair.
- Lindsay Vonn & Laverne Cox were thrown together purely for height purposes
- Rhianna was bleeped during her performance
- Seal and his ex-wife Heidi Klum were together in the T-Mo Arena. Where were all their kids?
- Celine Dion kicked ass with the perfect song choice, Queen's "The Show Must Go On" I got the chills when her son surprised her with the award. He was always such an odd looking kid and now he's pretty cute.
- Lucy Hale (ABC/Disney show) and Halsey presented together. Halsey's outfit was horrible.
- Troye Sivan from Australia got a huge break as Kia's One to Watch performer. He sang "Youth" Man that kid is skinny
- Rebecca Romin introduced The Go-Go's who are going on 35 years together. Oyyyyy they looked and sounded like it
- Idina Menzel (ABC/Disney Employee)
- Billboard Chart Achievement: Rhianna
- Ariana Grande performed "Dangerous Woman" in some crazy shoes
- I totally totally missed Madonna because I flipped over to watch Game of Thrones
- Final outfit count for Ciara: 7
Sansa Stark's totally grown a major set of b@lls now that she's got Brienne and Jon Snow on her side. She told off Littlefinger big time. Arya's still working on her stick fighting skills. She could also do some work on her hairstyle choices. Her do for the theatre was so bizarre. Even more bizarre is that someone wrote a play about the Stark/Lannister drama so quickly and found financing to perform it on the exact stage where Arya would see it. Did we really need to see the close up of the actors warty weiner? I don't think it was essential to the plot. Over at the Greyjoy's place, Theon's sister was trying to become Queen and all was going well until her uncle showed up. During his underwater coronation festivities, Theon, his sister and a bunch of their fans stole all the boats and headed to see who could get to Dani first. Speaking of Dani, she thanked Dario and Jorah for rescuing her and Jorah finally declared his love for Khaleesi while Dario just sat there. Unfortunately, Jorah's turning to stone and has to now go find a cure. Bran was in and out of white eyeball mode when the white walkers showed up and we finally learned that Hodor's name comes from him having to HOld the DOOR to keep the white walkers from getting Bran. Who knew? Pretty sure not only Hodor lost his life to save Bran, but Bran's dire wolf bit the dust and sacrificed himself too. He better be worth it!
Anyone watch Preacher? I have it in the DVR...let me know if it's too scary for me. I hate scary stuff.
THE OTHER STUFF
-More shakeups at HBO with Michael Lombardo, President of Programming leaving after being with with the network for 33 years. Keep in mind that Michael Ellenberg EVP of Drama Development left the net earlier this years. So now, everyone better get to work to find shows BEFORE Netflix gets them.
-Very excited for Kelly's roster of Co-Hosts This Week:
Monday- Fred Savage (Guessing he's in the running!)
Thursday- Andy Cohen
Monday's Trivia Question: What do Wiseguy, Criminal Minds, CSI, 24, Blindspot, Quantico & White Collar all have in common?
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at tvnme