Trivia Answer: "What You Talkin About Willis" was Arnold Jackson catchphrase on Different Strokes. I did accept Gary Coleman as well.
First Fives: Mitch Klein, Karen Feldman, Mike O'dea, Bobby Aguilera & Eric Schwartz
Honorable Mention: Chuck Chiocco
Tuesday's Broadcast Top 5
America's Got Talent-NBC 2.3/11.4
Maya & Marty-NBC 1.1/4.3
Person of Interest Series Finale-CBS 1.0/6.4
To Tell the Truth-ABC 1.0/4.4
Uncle Buck-ABC 1.0/3.7
Tuesday's Cable Top 5
Copa America-FS1 1.2/2.7
Have and the Have Nots-OWN .8/2.8
American Dad-Adult Swim .7/1.5
Pretty Little Liars-Freeform .7/1.4
Tuesday's Social Media Top 5
Pretty Little Liars-Freeform 150,000 Tweets
The Haves and Have Nots-OWN 33,000 Tweets
America's Got Talent-NBC 30,000 Tweets
Greenleaf-OWN 28,000 Tweets
Person of Interest-CBS 26,000 Tweets
Greenleaf, Oprah's new show, had a huge night on Tuesday with 3 million viewers. This was the biggest debut episode ever on her network. I wonder if Oprah being in it helped? I feell like I need to get on this one now.
According to Symphony Advanced Media, there were 7.1 million streams of Orange is the New Black over the first 72 hours of its opening weekend. For reference, Fuller House did better, the Tanner girls had 8.7 million streams in their first 3 days. Of course nobody at Netflix endorses or acknowledges the Symphony numbers in any way but I figured maybe if we all just keep throwing numbers out there and taunting Netflix, maybe one day just to shut us up, they'll throw us a bone or something.
THE SHOWSBig Brother
All is right in the world...Julie's back, the keys are back, the ridiculous duffle bags are back (no way can anyone pack for 3 months in one small duffle bag) the big round table is back, and this Season, James, Nicole, Da'vonne and Frank are back. Damn I love this show. I also love saying...lets go to the Big Brother Bullets. Here we goooooo
- Was Julie going to a wedding after the show? That red dress made her look very hippy, and a bit over dressed. Didn't love the slicked back hair or those long ding dong earrings. Way too much bling for Wednesday.
- How long were the 4 stowaways in those trunks? Did they know there were other people in the trunks right next to them? How did they breathe?
- Cody's bro Paulie looks JUST like him including the abs.
- Vanessa's sister Tiffany not only looks and moves like her but she sounds like her too. Hope she doesn't cry like a b*tch like her sister did
- Bronte already annoys me. Her voice, the bow, the amount of times she mentioned that she's into Math, she's going to get old fast
- I wonder if I've ever met Natalie the cheerleader with huge boobs who worked at MSG.
- Victor's my kind a guy
- I already feel bad for Glenn, the cop turned mobile groomer from the Bronx
- Josea the Frankie Grande of this season
- Michelle does look a LOT like Nicole
- Can't believe Nicole, the outlet nosed chick with the annoying voice is back to play again.
- I personally didn't need another Austin. Paul is a louder version but the gross beard and tattoos are present and accounted for
- In the middle of everything, Bronte had to find a quiet place and find her zen wtf is wrong with these Millenials?
- Loved the airport theme for the house, especially the Departures board above nominees chairs
- Almost everyone in the house is a teacher or an athlete. I guess they're the only people that can get the Summer's off
- Glenn is the only person to ever refer to The Bronx as the Boogie Down Bronx.
- I felt bad for Glenn every time he was on camera. Did you see the pit stains and when he tried to get on the rocket? OYyyyy
- I barely remember Frank. I know he was America's fave and his hair was longer but I think I've blocked him out of my memory to make room for the new passwords I have to remember and what to pick up at CVS
- I'm glad Paulie came clean about being Cody's brother
- Teams of 4...okay. I don't love teams on BB but at some point they'll get rid of them so for now...its fine
- Michelle mentioned twice being afraid of North Korea (among other things) Hope she has a good therapist at home
- Didn't we hate Da'vonne last time? Pretty sure I hate her this time too.
- What was up with Paul's nipple, he seemed to be having some nipple issues
- Super awkward way to get to know your new houseguest with your head in their asses on the very first day.
- Bridgett screamed out "Follow Your Heart" during the challenge which was super awkward
- All of the team names are LAME! #Category4, #Freakazoids, #BigSister & #TeamUnicorn...horrible names
- # Freakazoids
- Note to the BB Houseguests. The word is Calvary but it's pronounced Cavalry
- The Survivor game people should steal both sandcastle challenges for next season. They're good ones
- We have a crierrrrrrr. First crier of the season, Da'Vonne.
Any Given Wednesday
I know nothing about Bill Simmons other than what I learned on Howard Stern. I support all Howard Stern guests so I checked out his new HBO show last night. He had on Charles Barkley and Ben Affleck and it was only 30 minutes and I thought it was pretty good. I found him sort of cute actually. He has an odd accent that he said was Bostonian but I wouldn't have guessed that at all.
THE OTHER STUFF
-Last night, Anna Kendrick and James Corden performed this awesome Soundtrack to a Love Story...you gotta check it out. Too good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUauDdyWA2w
-4 months ago, I was SHOCKED that HBO renewed Vinyl for a 2nd Season. The show was quite a disappointment and apparently I wasn't the only one who felt this way. Last night, HBO reversed their decision and cancelled the show. I wonder how that works for the cast and crew. Are Marty and Mick pissed off now? Did Bobby Cannavale and Olivia Wilde blow off other offers in order to film Season 2? Is that just the way it goes in Hollywood? I told ya...None of us want to wait for anything to "get good" anymore. If it's not good right away...we're DONE!
-If you were one of those people saddened by the loss of Vinyl from your life, you have Roadies which starts on Sunday (or if you have time, it's available right now online) and there's also a cool documentary this Friday on Showtime about roadies called "Miles to Go Before I Sleep"
-I know there are a ton of you Bachelor fans, guess what guys, Freeform has a show you're gonna love...Ben and Lauren are getting their own spinoff. Of course I'd argue that if you're going to add another Bachelor-ish show to your DVR, add UnREAL!!!! It's wayyyyy better, way juicier, and way more fun. Of course I'm just guessing as I've never watched The Bachelor, but I'd still bet you'd all thank me if you'd just watch UnReal.
Thursday's Trivia Question: Who is known for saying "Ayyyyyyyyy Carumba?"
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at tvnme