Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Deadliest Catch, Chrisley and Maya and Marty…it's June People

June 8 2016
Trivia Answer: Buddy Valastro is The Cake Boss

First Fives: Mitch Klein, Mike O'Dea, Elke Raskob, Andrea Jody & Ed Ziskind
Honorable Mention: Caryn Vitolo
Bonus Trivia Question: The OTHER Scott brothers were Nathan and Lucas Scott from One Tree Hill 
THE NUMBERS

Sunday's Broadcast Top 5
NBA Finals Game 2-ABC 5.5/14.3
NBA Post Game-ABC 3.4/8.7
NBA Countdown-ABC 2.5/6.8
Jimmy Kimmel Live-ABC 2.4/7.7
Miss USA-FOX 1.1/4.0 (Down 27% vs last year!)

Sunday's Cable Top 5
Game of Thrones-HBO 3.9/7.8
Silicon Valley-HBO .9/1.6
Family Guy-Adult Swim .8/1.8
Keeping Up With the Kardashians-E! .8/1.7
Preacher-AMC .8/2.0 

Sunday's Social Media Top 5
Game of Thrones-HBO 157,000 Tweets
Keeping Up With the Kardashians-E! 18,000 Tweets
Preacher-AMC 10,000 Tweets
Game of Silence-NBC 6,000 Tweets
Penny Dreadful-Showtime 6,000 Tweets

Monday's Broadcast Top 5
Bachelorette-ABC 2.0/6.8
NHL Finals-NBC 1.3/3.9
So You Think You Can Dance-FOX 1.0/4.0
Mom (R)-CBS .9/5.0
2 Broke Girls-(R) .9/4.4

Monday's Cable Top 5
Love & Hip Hop Atlanta-VH1 1.4/2.6
WWE-USA 1.1/3.3
Black Ink Crew-VH1 1.1/1.1/2.0
Street Outlaws-Discovery 1.1/2.4
Teen Mom-MTV .9/1.6  

Monday's Social Media Top 5
Bachelorette-ABC 67,000 Tweets
WWE Monday Night Raw-USA 138,000 TWeets
Love & Hip Hop-VH1 102,000 Tweets
Scream-MTV 24,000 Tweets
Black Ink Crew-VH1 17,000 Tweets 

ListenFirst TVI Ratings for the Week of 5/30/16-6/5/16
Sense8 1.0
Bloodline .84
Orange is the New Black .53
House of Cards .42
Kaberni of the Iron Fortress .32


THE SHOWS
Deadliest Catch
Rather than talk about the weather, the waves, being on or off the crab I've decided this week I would rank the captains. I used to have my favorites but things change week to week for me these days. This week I was hating Wild Bill because he's a d*ck most of the time BUT if I had to rank the captains on who's the best looking or who smells the best, Wild Bill might win my favor. Sig, Josh and Sean were not in last nights episode, so they can't compete in this weeks ranking. I don't think I'd want to sleep with any of these guys after an episode. The smell, the cigarettes, the coffee, I just cant even go there. I'm going to rank them on who I'd like to have dinner with AFTER they've showered instead.

1. Jonathan Hillstrand because I think he'd be the most fun after a few drinks
2. Jake Anderson because he's going through a lot and I think I could help him calm down after everything he was going through with Kenny. 
3. Keith Colburn because I'd want to know what went wrong with his marriage
4. Wild Bill would be enjoyable to look at but I wouldn't want him to speak at all 

Maya and Marty 
My husband and I enjoyed the 2nd episode of Maya and Marty but we both said OUTLOUD t that the show made us feel old. Millenials are definitely NOT the target here. Yes, I admit it…I am NOT a Millenial. I've always known that Maya Rudolph is talented and hilarious but she's really given the spotlight here and she's hilarious. She has 4 kids and I can only imagine what goes on in her house. Now that's a reality show I'd be into. A few guest stars showed up last night. Steve Martin, Tina Fey, Sean Hayes and Drake all helped out. If you remember all the celebrity variety shows from your childhood, you'll enjoy this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3JIn0h92HI Jiminy Glick's interview with Drake was pretty cute. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFDcRo2ZUUQ and while Maya holds it together in this one, Tina seems to be doing everything in her power not to break character.   http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueUAJzG62nE


Chrisley Knows Best 
Pretty sure all Savannah and Chase Chrisley really want is to be famous. Seems to me the Chrisley's goal is to become the Southern, sex tapeless Kardashians. Although, I'm sure the only thing keeping Chase Chrisley from going the sex tape route would be facing his Dad after he watched it. I wouldn't be shocked if there was a Chase Chrisley sex tape out there somewhere. It would probably be the cleanest sex tape ever since Chase seems to really have a thing for soap. Todd's spoiled his kids their whole lives and now all of a sudden he needs them to get it together. Actually, what he needed was a storyline for this season. Since nobody goes to school, has a real job, or goes out with their friends, Todd went the juice bar route, but Chase and Savannah aren't working out too well at the juice bar, so Todd, who JUST moved to Nashville, found some folks with a goat farm and a trailer and sent his kids without their smartphones to "rough it"  Savannah looked beautiful in her flannel and Timberlands and of course she rose to the occasion. Chase complained through 90% of his 3 day stay until he discovered that the farm also makes SOAP! Ta Dah….all's good. Chase made and sold out all of his goat soap. I know I keep saying I need to give this show up, and I do, but I can't seem to pull the trigger. 


THE OTHER STUFF

-Stephen Colbert's EP has left the building. That's 2 major shakeups at The Late Show already.  Not a good sign. I don't think the show's in jeopardy but with James Corden killing it online, getting so much press and hosting the Tony's, I'm sure Les has a plan B he's mulling over.  I don't think anything's wrong with Colbert's show but he doesn't have the online thing down at all. None of his bits have gone viral at all. Maybe the new show runner will breathe a little Millenial life into the show. See…I wanted some late night drama and now…I'm getting some. 

-Rumor has it that we will find out if Juliette Barnes lives or dies in that plane crash. Nothing's been confirmed but last night in my Facebook newsfeed, CMT was close to a deal to air a 5th season of Nashville and saving the show from cancellation. I honestly wish that if a show was going to be saved from the 15/16 season it would have been The Grinder. I was ready for Nashville to go, I just didn't live the finale.  

-Savannah Guthrie's pregnant which is GREAT for Today Show ratings. Everyone loves a wedding, a baby and, I hate to say it, but a tragedy. The Today Show got a bonus ratings wise. They got a pregnant host who won't go to Rio for the Olympics because of the whole Zika Virus thing. Savannah's gonna stay back in the studio while everyone heads to the games.  What can GMA do to beat that? 
  
-Maddie Baillio. Ever heard of her? Me neither but she is the new Tracy Turnblad in NBC's Hairspray live event. I was never a huge Hairspray fan and probably won't check this one out especially since I can't stand Harvey Fierstein. Twitter will have to let me know how Maddie does. 

Wednesday's Trivia Question: Give me the name of the two guys from American Pickers.


WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at tvnme
http://watchingwaytoomuch.com
kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment