Wednesday, June 15, 2016

To Tell the Truth, Deadliest Catch, Wrecked and the Chrisley Finale

6/15/16

Trivia Answer: Lea Thompson starred in both Back to the Future and Caroline in the City

First Fives: Ed Ziskind, Bobby Aguilera, Mike O'Dea, Mitch Klein & Karen Feldman

Honorable Mention: Rachel Snyder



THE NUMBERS
Sunday's Broadcast Top 5The Tony Awards-CBS 1.6/8.7 (Highest numbers in 13 years)
Stanley Cup Finals-NBC 1.6/4.7
20/20 Special Edition-ABC 1.2/5.1
Celebrity Family Feud-ABC 1.2/5.0
America's Funniest Home Videos-ABC 1.0/4.6 

Sunday's Cable Top 5
Game of Thrones-HBO 3.9/7.6
Family Guy-.9/1.9
Silicon Valley-HBO .9/1.6
Keeping Up with the Kardashians-E! .7/1.5
Preacher-AMC .7/1.7  


Sunday's Social Media Top 5
The Tony Awards-CBS 768,000 Tweets
Game of Thrones-HBO 134,000 Tweets
TNA Slammiversary-PPV 16,000 Tweets
Keeping Up With the Kardashians-E! 15,000 Tweets
Ride with Norman Reedus-AMC 10,000 Tweets

Monday's Broadcast Top 5
NBA Finals Game 5-ABC 7.6/20.5
American Ninja Warrior-NBC 1.9/6.8
NBA Countdown-ABC 1.8/5.6
Jimmy Kimmel Live Game Night-ABC 1.2/4.5
So You Think You Can Dance-FOX .9/3.5   

Monday's Cable Top 5
WWE-USA 1.0/3.0
Street Outlaws-Discovery 1.0/2.4
American Dad-Adult Swim .8/1.6
Teen Mom-MTV .7/1.2
Copa America-Univision .6/1.2 

Monday's Social Media Top 5
WWE Monday RIght Raw-USA 125,000 Tweets
Anderson Cooper-CNN 45,000 Tweets
Scream-MTV 20,000 Tweets
Guilt-Freeform 12,000 Tweets
At Midnight-Comedy Central 11,000 Tweets 

Listen First TVI Ratings for the Week of 6/6/16-6/12/16
Orange is the New Black-.78
Bloodline-.63
Sense8-.52
House of Cards-.45
Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress-.31  


THE SHOWS
To Tell The Truth
I'll admit, I'm loving the idea of bringing all the game shows of my youth back to Primetime. To Tell the Truth was actually a bit before my time, but I remember watching the reruns with Kitty Carlisle. The new To Tell the Truth is exactly the same as the original. A bit cheesy and yet a bit racy for the 8pm hour. I guess if Betty White talks about sexting and pole dancing it's cute, right? I'm not a huge Betty fan. Guessing the set designer came from Late Night since the entire set was blue and brown just like almost every late night show out there other than Samantha Bee's, whose is purple. In addition to Betty White, we had Nene Leakes, Jalen Rose and Traci Ross Ellis trying to figure out who dated Taylor Swift, won the National Texting Championship, the Pole Dancing Championship, invented a suit made from pajama material and a contortionist who could fold herself into a tiny box. If there's nothing else on...I'd watch it again. Anthony Anderson's a good host. Most comedians seem to be good hosts. I guess if you can stand up and talk to anyone about nothing, a comedian is the perfect person for the job...oh and me. I would be a great host too...just throwin it out there. 

Deadliest Catch
Everyone's had a bit of a rough season this year. Even Sig was having a tough time finding crab. In all the years I've been watching this show, I've never seen crab pots without bait. This happened on Keith's boat. Not once, but two pots in a row. He must be on some good anti-depressants because I've seen him blow a gasket for a lot less and he kept it together. Maybe because the kid who screwed up has the best name of all time...Paintchips. Everytime they said the guys name, we laughed. Loving that all Josh Harris killed it on his first shot, but my new fave is Sean Dwyer. This guy gets it, big time. He takes no bullsh*t from anyone and calls his crew out big time, which I love. Next week is the episode we all keep hearing about, Sig's heart attack. I didn't know that his daughter was on the boat when it happened but it seems she might have been. Guess we'll find out for sure next week. The good news is that we know Sig's ok today so this is one of those times I welcomed the spoiler.


Wrecked
First Samantha Bee, then The Detour and Angie Tribeca and now TBS brings us Wrecked. Think of Lost but a comedy spoof type deal. All the passengers look like someone from the original, the beach, there's so much that I almost want to go back to the original Lost just for reference but I ended up miserable with that show so I'd never do that. This one's funny and it's only 1/2 an hour (or 22 minutes if you DVR it) Already a great shocker in the first episode. I'd say check this one out. If you were a Lost person, DEFINITELY check this one out. 

Chrisley Knows Best Season Finale
This has to be it for me...I know, I know, I keep saying it but I really need to stick to it and bag this show once and for all. So many ridiculous things I can't even keep up. Todd getting Julie's birthday wrong was a great ploy to trick everyone and throw a surprise party, but anyone that knows Todd knows he'd NEVER forget Julie's birthday. Okay let's move on. There's still nothing in the Nashville house, nobody's working at the Juice Bar, nobody's going to school, Chase and Nanny Faye seem to be living in Nashville even though they are supposedly still living in Atlanta. How is it that Todd can walk into a recording studio, write, and record a song with Sara Evans in one day? Or at all? Also where did the 100 friends who showed up for Julie's party come from? Did they all get shipped in from Atlanta? Were they paid extras?  What doctor not only makes house calls, but puts an IV in someone for the flu? COME ON guys! I am grateful that there wasn't a call out to order Todd's song on Itunes. Infinite Love is so NOT anything I'd pay actual money for. Would anyone? Please call me out next season if I type about this show again. Let me have it. I'm begging you. 
     
THE OTHER STUFF

-Can you feel it? It's almost time, it's almost here. Not the last day of school, not the Summer Solstice, not Summer...it's almost time for BIG BROTHER! Yep...Julie's at the colorist and writing out instructions on how to make Mini Moonves's favorite Zoodle's and meatballs. She's got a calendar with all of Mini Moonves karate lessons and fencing lessons and bilingual playdates. The houseguests photos are OUT and they are all home right now packing their duffels and getting ready to head to Cali. Just ONE MORE WEEK and the Big Brother Bullets begin!!! I can't wait! Here's your sneak peek at our houseguests if you're interested. http://www.thewrap.com/big-brother-season-18-houseguests-ranked-photos/ 

-Lauren Dolgen, the head of reality programming on MTV out, stepping down, quitting, whatever. Lauren was the exec most famous for bringing us the pregnant teen genre. 16 and Pregnant & Teen Mom were her big claims to fame. She had some biggies with the guys who probably got some of these teens pregnant at some point.  Jackass, Viva La Bam and Ridiculousness were also her babies. Lauren's been with MTV for almost 20 years but with all the changes at the network and their need for a hit, this isn't a big surprise. They need some fresh ideas, new thinking, and maybe even someone that believes that the M should tie back to MUSIC!!!! 

-No idea when, but 5 years after the 8th Season of Curb Your Enthusiasm ended...huge news that Season 9 will be heading our way at some point soon and I for one can't wait to cringe again with Larry and the gang. 

-Younger, the show I tried desperately to enjoy but just couldn't, has already been renewed for a 4th season even though the 3rd season doesn't return til the Fall. I really don't like Sutton Foster and never bought the concept at all.
  
-10 points if you have any clue who Jaime Camil is WITHOUT GOOGING or CHEATING...I'll give you a clue...he's hosting the Television Critics Associateion Awards on 8/6. 

Wednesday's Trivia Question: He starred in How I Met Your Mother & Forgetting Sarah Marshall.


To answer today's trivia question please send your answer to: 
kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at tvnme
http://watchingwaytoomuch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment