Wednesday, April 18, 2012

DICK CLARK, SURVIVOR and a little venting


The answer to Wednesday’s Blog Only Trivia Question: Donna Pescow was the actress who played Annette in Saturday Night Fever who was hopelessly in love with Tony Manero.
FIRST FIVES: The only one who got it right was...Elke Raskob (my sister-in-law)

The answer to Wednesday’s Trivia Question: Donna Pescow starred in two shows.  The one I was looking for was the first one called ANGIE, but I will accept OUT OF THIS WORLD too.
FIRST FIVES: Elke Raskob (still my sister-in-law), Barry Goodman, Kerri Tocci (my sister), Francesca Sullivan, & Phyllis DiCesare

Tuesday’s Broadcast Top 5
THE VOICE (CFF)-NBC 3.3/8.7
NCIS-CBS 3.0/17.6
NEW GIRL-FOX 2.7/5.3
DANCING WITH THE STARS-ABC 2.4/13.7
GLEE (CFF)-FOX 2.4/6.1

Tuesday’s Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
THE VOICE (CFF)-NBC 273,409
GLEE (CFF)-FOX 173,859
DANCING WITH THE STARS-ABC 68,870
NEW GIRL-FOX 42,759
RINGER (KF)-CW 35,187

Tuesday’s Cable Top 5
THE BIG BANG THEORY-TBS 1.2/3.1
DEADLIEST CATCH-Discovery 1.2/2.5
NBA BASKETBALL-TNT 1.1/2.7
THE GAME-BET 1.1/2.1
REAL HOUSEWIVES OF THE OC-Bravo 1.0/2.6

Tuesday’s Cable Trendrr Top 5
16 & PREGNANT-MTV 32,965
THE GAME-BET 24,333
DANCE MOMS-Lifetime 17,585
FACT OR FAKED-Syfy 15,229
DEADLIEST CATCH-Discovery 13,552
***Interesting note: Usually the sentiment is very positive with social commentary, however, I noticed that for DANCE MOMS, 34% of the commentary was negative

-Dick Clark, America's oldest teenager, passed away yesterday at the age of 82 from a heart attack.  I grew up watching Dick Clark on AMERICAN BANDSTAND every Saturday morning.  My Mom grew up watching him every afternoon when she was a kid on Bandstand too...I will never forget seeing Madonna for the first time on his show, at the time it was life altering...I know this is going to sound mean, but the first thing I thought of when I read that Dick had died was that Ryan Seacrest is probably happy...now he can take over owning New Year's Eve for good.  I swear that's the first thing I thought of.  But for me, I will always think of Dick on New Year's Eve...RIP Dick.  (And, yes, my 12 year old sense of humor does enjoy the name Dick and liked using it many times in this article)

-Need to Vent Alert: On Tuesday's episode of THE VOICE, Adam Levine and Maroon 5 sang their latest song "Payphone" which I like and downloaded onto my Iphone.  Last night, when I was driving home from work, "Payphone" came on Sirius Hits 1 (which for some reason is actually channel 2) and as I was listening to the words and thought to myself...who in the world still uses payphones? There are kids who have no idea what a payphone even is...The song makes no sense at all.  I love Adam Levine, but I have an issue with the song and it annoyed me for the entire hour and 15 minutes I was in my car.  Feelin better getting that off my chest...thanks for listening.

-A new LIVE WITH KELLY co-host contender has entered the ring...yesterday Mike Greenberg from ESPN joined Kelly on the show and he was really really good!  I loved him...he was really funny and had really great chemistry with Kelly.  Kelly was wearing a blue halter dress that was okay.  Still no hideous necklace cameo...it's been a while since it has reviled me which is a good thing... now that I said that, she'll be wearing it on today's show...guaranteed.

-SURVIVOR started out right away with an auction.  Not just food, but a shower, and letters from home were all up for grabs.  Everyone was really against Troyzan (not to be confused with Tarzan), First I felt bad for him and then he became ultra annoying.  What are the chances of a Tarzan/Troyzan immunity challenge showdown?  Well, it happened last night and  SPOILER ALERT: Troyzan won.  Both Tarzan and Troyzan did a lot of yelling and then Troyzan just started in with the rest of the tribe after his big win...well that's not gonna get you votes Troy, you should know this by now...So once Troyzan was out of the running to be kicked out, the rest of the tribe had to start figuring out what to do...so what to they do...they kick out the quietest, most non threatening player on the entire tribe,  and my favorite little person...Leif...buh bye little guy...I'll miss you.  I'm not sure if I have mentioned this before, but have you guys noticed how white everyones teeth are?  Do they just sit around for hours at a time picking the plaque off their teeth?  

-Also on Wednesday night...the episode when George, aka Elton from Clueless, met Eden, aka Cher from Clueless on SUBURGATORY.  They look pretty close to what they looked like back in 1995 but in Clueless they never kissed and in SUBURGATORY they kissed within the first 3 minutes of the show...and then buzzzzkill...Noah had to announce that  he and Jill are having a baby (via surrogate) ...and then more buzzzkill, Dallas's dog Yacult is missing...and then triple buzzkill, Eve/Cher happens to be Noah and Jill's s surrogate.  Don't worry,  Yacult, was living as a male gay dog with Lloyd from Entourage, and his boyfriend, but Tessa and Dalia got him back.  Good news is that George/Elton and Eve/Cher are going to date anyway and Alicia Silverstone will be back again next week...yeah maybe Dionne should stop by and they can all sing "Rolling With the Homies". 

-OMG Walt, the Dunphy's next door neighbor on MODERN FAMILY died the same day as Dick Clark...and Luke didn't seem that upset which totally freaked Claire out but then we come to find out that Claire tends to smile when delivering bad news. Kinda a weird trait... Cam's dad was in town so Mitch invited over Jay and Gloria so they could all have dinner.  The entire time I was looking at Cam's dad and thinking..."who is that guy???" and then it came to me...he was the Raven's basketball coach on ONE TREE HILL...remember his name?  BONUS TRIVIA QUESTION.

DON'T TRUST THE B IN APARTMENT 23.  2nd episode and I figured I would give it another shot...The thing is I still have no idea if I like this show or not...it's definitely full of surprises...First, Chloe sets June up with this hot guy who is perfect for her and he was, except for one thing...he's Chloe's Dad and he's still married to Chloe's Mom who is also in a wheelchair and Alan's wife on TWO AND A HALF MEN) .  James Van Der Beek and all of the Dawson's Creek episode references are the best part of the entire show, but it was already getting old by the end of the episode...I'm curious if any of you guys are watching and what you think.


-I fell asleep and missed REVENGE, so don't tell me anything...I'll watch it tonight.

-Pretty high Facebook Conversion rates, but I would like to see this chart for US only...if I can find it, I'll post it.
Facebook Fan Conversion Rate* Worldwide, by Industry, 2011



-64% of U.S. consumers recall seeing social media symbols such as the Facebook "Like" button while watching television. 
  • 33% have interacted with social media after seeing a social media symbol on their TV screen via "liking" the TV program on Facebook (20%), scanning a QR code (11%), searching for that hashtag on Twitter (7%) or scanning the Shazam symbol (5%). 
  • 43% of respondents who interacted with a social media symbol while watching TV did so to obtain more information about a show, product or service; 26% did it to watch another video; 20% to share or recommend the video/program to others.
  • 63% of respondents between the ages of 18 and 24 interacted with the symbols while watching TV, with the percentage dropping with older age groups.
  • 33% of respondents said dramas and comedies are the type of show with which they would be interested in interacting; news (31%); sporting events (29%).

-Sheree Whitfield from REAL HOUSEWIVES OF ATLANTA, is leaving the show.  I only watch NY, NJ and BH, so I have no clue who she is, but it seemed like a big deal on the blogs.  She says she is leaving because the show is "no longer good for my lifestyle" and doesn't want to participate in the fighting or the cattiness any longer.

-For anyone who hasn't caught MAGIC CITY on Starz...and that would include ME, they will be running a marathon on 5/25.  I've read a lot of good things about the show and it does have a decent cast, so if you remember to set you DVR's could be a good way to check it out.  If I watch it sooner, I will let ya know if it's worth the time.


Thursday’s Trivia Question: Which one of these shows was NOT produced by Dick Clark: Golden Globe Awards, The American Music Awards, The Academy of Country Music Awards or the Tony Awards?

Thursday’s Blog Only Trivia Question: What is the name of the ESPN show that Mike Greenberg co-hosts?

WWTM-Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment