Wednesday, May 16, 2012

THE ABC UPFRONT and 2 GLEE's FOR THE PRICE OF ONE!




The answer to Tuesday's Trivia Question: Baba Booey is Howard Stern's producer, Gary Dell'Abate's nickname
FIRST FIVES: Gerald Piscopo, Jim Wall, Nancy Oboyski, Andrew Werts & Lance Beitler

Sunday's Cable Top 5
GAME OF THRONES (KF)-HBO 1.9/3.6
REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NJ (KF)-Bravo 1.2/2.2
AX MEN-History 1.0.2.6
KHLOE & LAMAR-E! 1.0/1.8
SISTER WIVES-TLC .9/2.0

Monday's Broadcast Top 5
TWO & A HALF MEN-CBS 3.8/11.3
AMERICA'S GOT TALENT (CFF)-NBC 3.6/10.3
HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER (CFF)-CBS 3.6/8.4
MIKE & MOLLY-CBS 3.3/11.6
DANCING WITH THE STARS-ABC 2.9/17.1

Monday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
AMERICA'S GOT TALENT (CFF)-NBC 161,334 (YEAH!!!)
THE BACHELORETTE-ABC 114,129
GOSSIP GIRL-CW 110,220
HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER (CFF)-CW 100,856
SMASH (KF)-NBC 50,659

Monday's Cable Top 5
NBA PLAYOFFS-TNT 3.1/6.6
WWE-USA 1.7/4.3
NBA PLAYOFFS-TNT 1.6/4.0
WWE-USA 1.4/4.0
BASKETBALL WIVES-VH1 1.2/2.0

Monday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
NBA PLAYOFFS-TNT 488,693
NBA PLAYOFFS-TNT 241,921
BASKETBALL WIVES-VH1 146,065
WWE-USA 103,552
MAKE IT OR BREAK IT-ABC Family 38,461

-See...I knew I was right about the stylist on LIVE WITH KELLY...on Tuesday's show, Kelly was dressed as always...very school marmy and appealing to the folks in Des Moines at the 4H Club...but then...I checked my TiVO and remembered that Kelly was on LETTERMAN Monday night...and guess what...she looked AWESOME...dressed in a super cool, super chic fuscia dress that my ultra stylish friend Alyssa would totally approve of and wear herself. She had on an amazing pair of  shoes that she sometimes wears on LIVE and she was even sporting a great ponytail hairdo...I guess Kelly is like a superhero talk show host...mild mannered during the day and super chic at night when the lights go out. 

-I loved the HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER FINALE...loved...SPOILER ALERT: Lily was in labor but Marshall and Barney were wasted in AC and needed to figure out a way to get back to NYC in time for the baby's birth...cut to the chase...Marshall gets back, Marvin "Wait For It" Erickson arrives!  In the mean time...Robin keeps telling Ted that he has always gone after the wrong girls and that he should call Victoria because she IS the one that got away...so he calls her and she agrees to meet him at McLaren's but shows up in her wedding gown asking him to whisk her away...they go...then they don't go and then...they do, but is she "Mom"?  We don't know.  Barney proposes to Quinn with an awesome magic trick, but as an amazing twist, we find out that the bride at Barney's wedding is...ROBIN, not Quinn.  (Don't worry, Becki Newton got a job on THE GOODWIN GAMES on FOX)  Now who knows if they actually get married, but that's what we are lead to believe.  Great finale.

-OMG, Two Two Two GLEE's in one last night...in Part 1, Tina Cohen Chang (who knew she was Jewish???) fell in the fountain at the mall and had a body swap dream where all the Gleeks switched places...loved it!  Tina was Rachel, Rachel was Tina, Blaine was Puck, Puck was Blaine, Sue was Shu, Shu was Sue...you get the picture. In the dream, Tina got the chance to come out of the shadows and into the spotlight to sing "Because You Loved me" by Celine Dion.  The girls called out Coach Beast for going back to her husband and after she and Puck who, out of the blue went from too cool for school to the loser of Lima,  (I didn't buy it at all) had a moment and sang a duet, finally leaves her abusive husband ...I hated both of these story lines.  Puck a Lima Loser?  No way.  As I had hoped, Rachel Berry didn't lay down and die and give up on her NYADA dream...she headed back to see Guinan from STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION aka Whoopi Goldberg and begged her to come to Nationals and hear her sing. 

SPOILER ALERT: In the second part, Finn bet his honeymoon money that New Directions would win Nationals.  If that wasn't enough pressure...Everyone was wondering if Guinan would show up, if Quinn could actually dance and if Mercedes would be healthy enough to perform.  Weird panel of  judges for Nationals...Lindsay Lohan, Perez Hilton and Lloyd from Entourage???  Of course New Directions hit it out of the park with "Edge of Glory" and "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" but it was Rachel's performance of  "All Coming Back to Me" (Another Celine tune) that blew the roof off the place just in time for Guinan to hear.  Vocal Adrenaline and the cross dressing guy from THE GLEE PROJECT were awesome, but not awesome enough.  New Directions finally won Nationals...of course they did...come on we would all freak out if they lost this one right?  Even better than the win...back at McKinley, confetti instead of slushies, sex with Emma and Teacher of the Year to Mr. Shu, 10G's for Sue, lesbian teens kissing for people that enjoy that sort of thing, underage drinking, 10 foot trophy in the trophy case and front page of the Lima newspaper. So how do you end this episode...a performance of "We Are The Champions"...Graduation next week...

-AMERICA'S GOT TALENT was in San Francisco for the second night of auditions... A stunt Howie jet packed into the theatre to kick off the show.   I forgot to bring this up yesterday, probably because I was so giddy with my Howard Stern pride, but Nick Cannon is a pleasant surprise...really...I didn't expect to adore him as much as I do now, and he is quite the snazzy dresser to boot.  Did you check out Sharon Osborne's awesome diamond icicle earrings? I'm 99.99% positive they were real.  Last night they got right to the judging...the first act was these dancing painter guys that were pretty cool. Lots of freaks in this episode, then a surprise opera guy, sort of a Susan Boyle type deal, and then a guy who calls himself "Turf" showed up at the end of the show with an incredible contortionist/dancing performance...WOW...all I can say really is...WOW if you didn't see it, it's hard to describe!

-I so enjoy GAME OF THRONES even though I can't remember anyone's names and need a cheat sheet to type these reviews, and I'm never really sure what's going on.  This week it was really all about the women of the kindoms.  Cersei had two pretty poignant moments...one with Sersa when she thought she couldn't bare children but really just met Aunt Flo for the first time and the other with Tyrion when she basically admitted that she feared that Karma was going to come back and bite her in the butt for "sinning" with her own brother.  Then you had the crazy wilding girl who somehow figured out that Jon Snow was a virgin and used it to trap him and present him to her tribe.  Of course my favorite...Khaleesi, who is in search of her dragons and upon his return tells Mormont that only if he finds her dragons will she believe he is committed to her.  He finds some masked chick who knows who has the dragons and that Mormont is in love with Khaleesi.  While she may not be a woman yet, Arya is with Tyrion's Dad and I'm not sure who's playing who.

-Tuesday ABC released their Primetime Schedule and while I couldn't attend in person, I did watch it all on my computer while I was "working".  The big news of the afternoon, DANCING WITH THE STARS will be an ALL-STAR edition in the Fall, and  REVENGE moves to Sunday.
  
Here are my thoughts based on the 3 minute clips and again...I reserve the right to come back and revisit my comments after seeing the pilots:
  • Another grown up with a precocious kid returns home to hilarious parents in HOW TO LIVE WITH YOUR PARENTS FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE starring Brad Garrett, Elizabeth Perkins and Sarah Chalke...this one looks good!
  • I'm not a huge Leah Remini fan these days, but FAMILY TOOLS starring Leah and J.K. Simmons who has been in a million things but I always think of him from JUNO, does look sort of cute.  Leah's loser jailbird bro (J.K.'s son) gets out of the big house and heads home and into the family biz when J.K. gets sick.
  • Not sure how I feel about THE NEIGHBORS.  I know Paul Lee said, when he was presenting (very well I might add, especially compared to Jennifer "share my enthusiasm" Salke)  that this one was one of his favorites, but I really need to see the entire pilot.  The gist of this one is that the odd family of 25 who move in next door are really aliens.  
  • For me, a huge Connie Britton fan and a huge country music fan, I am really hoping that NASHVILLE's pilot is as good as the clip was.  This one could be as good as or better than SMASH if it's done right.
  • I'm not good with scary stuff and I'm definitely not good with scary stuff in my house... that's why I couldn't deal with AMERICAN HORROR STORY which 666 PARK AVENUE reminds me of.  I do love Dave Annable from BROTHERS & SISTERS, but most likely this one just isn't for me.
  • LAST RESORT is really not my thing, other than Scott Speedman from FELICITY being in it, totally not my genre.  Nuclear sub, Government conspiracy, another secret island situation...nope...not my thing at all.
  • Reba McIntyre and Lily Tomlin move to MALIBU COUNTRY after Reba who of course is a country singer and discovers her husbands cheatin ways... in one of those fish out of water premises...this one could go either way...America loves Reba, so, it could work.
  • MISTRESSES seems a bit DESPERATE HOUSEWIVESY to me but stars Alyssa Milano instead of Teri Hatcher.
  • RED WIDOW looked ultra complicated with no real stars in it.  Definitely one that requires the entire pilot to form an opinion.
  • ZERO HOUR also looks WAY too complicated for me, but Anthony "Goose" Edwards is in it along with Jacinda from THE REAL WORLD...
  • Additional notes for Paul Lee and the ABC executives...1) I'm totally bummed about REVENGE moving to Sundays, it's a tough night with a lot of competition and this move might just blow up my TiVO and cause me to lose yet another hour of sleep. 2) Jimmy Kimmel should host everything...he's awesome
  • I'm sure it was purely a coincidence that Paul's "assistant" during the taped piece at the presentation was named Kristy...had to be right??? 

-You all know that I am into Facebook facts whether they are good or bad, so here are some regarding the upcoming Facebook
  • 51% of investors say Facebook stock would be a good investment 
  • 31% of investors say it would not be good
  • 17% are unsure. 
  • Among those who own stocks, bonds, or mutual funds, 54% say Facebook would be a good investment and 34% indicate otherwise.  
  • Active investors (38%) are more likely than other investors (30%) to say it wouldn't be a good investment. 
  • 62% of active investors believe Facebook will be overvalued
  • 27% think it will be fairly priced. 
  • 59% of Facebook users do not trust the site with their personal information and have "little or no faith" in the company to protect their privacy. 
  • 26% of Facebook users "hardly ever" click on online advertising or sponsored content when using the site
  • 57% of respondents say they "never" click on ad content. 
  • 54% of Facebook users surveyed say they would not feel safe purchasing goods or services on Facebook.

-SPOILER ALERT: Apparently a huge upset when Maria Menounos was voted off of DANCING WITH THE STARS last night, leaving you guys who watch the show with, William Levy, Katherine Jenkins and Donald Driver to dance in the finals next week.

Wednesday's Howard Stern Trivia Question: Which dead whack packer had the incredible talent of being able to blow smoke out of his eyes?

WWTM-Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment