Thursday, May 10, 2012

I HAVE NO IDEA WHO"LL WIN SURVIVOR...



The answer to Wednesday's Trivia Question: Marie Barone is Robert and Raymond's Mom on EVERYBODY LOVE RAYMOND
FIRST FIVES: Lisa McCusker, James Gabriele, Karen Hadley, Mike Pierro, & Alex Nagler

Wednesday's Broadcast Top 5
THE VOICE (CFF)-NBC 4.3/11.5
NCIS-CBS 3.0/17.8
NCIS LA-CBS 3.0/14.4
NEW GIRL-FOX 2.8/5.5
GLEE (CFF)-FOX 2.6/6.4

Wednesday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
THE VOICE(CFF)-NBC 575,255
GLEE (CFF)-FOX 193,959
NEW GIRL-FOX 80,355
DANCING WITH THE STARS-ABC 71,692
90210-CW 63,388

Wednesday's Cable Top 5
NBA PLAYOFFS-TNT 2.0/4.1
NBA PLAYOFFS-TNT 1.7/3.6
BIG BANG THEORY-TBS 1.4/3.1
DEADLIEST CATCH-Discovery 1.2/2.6
BIG  BANG THEORY-TBS 1.2/2.6

Wednesday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
NBA PLAYOFFS-TNT 783,099
NBA PLAYOFFS-TNT 296,886
NBA PLAYOFFS-NBA 114,690
NBA PLAYOFFS-NBA 96,094
STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS-NBC Sports 58,226


-Nothing major with Kelly and Strahan on LIVE WITH KELLY...to be honest, I got a little bored and didn't really watch much.  Checked out the outfits and Chace Crawford and hit delete.

-I have to say...I have no idea who is in "power" on SURVIVOR at this point.  We have 5 women and Tarzan and 3 of the women all truly think they are going to win and that they are in power,  Kim the Skeleton Girl, Alicia and Chelsea. SPOILER ALERT: Tarzan made a dumb move...really dumb.  He promised the EXACT same thing to Kim and Alicia and assumed that they wouldn't discuss it with each other.  Women discuss EVERYTHING, especially when you are on a deserted island with nothing better to do...so when Kim and Alicia realized that Tarzan was "playing" them both, he was done.  However...I also think that both women could have used Tarzan to get the other out of the game. If it was me...I would have kept Tarzan.  Kim better get off the island soon and EAT! The only reason I would ever even consider going on SURVIVOR is to lose weight.  I know I wouldn't last a minute between the smell, lack of food, dirt and no TV, but 39 days to lose 25 pounds...that diet could work for me and I do have 8 DVR's to handle things while I was away. 


-As a Mom who just returned from Disneyland, this weeks MODERN FAMILY seemed like the writers have all experienced Disneyland the way the Carruba's did.  Gloria's insistence on her choice of footwear was similar to my insistence as well...with pretty much the same results.  Of course I don't even own a pair of 6 inch stilettos, but I did choose the wrong sneakers (my coolest Adidas), which my husband did warn me about. I was in so much pain that we had to stop and shop for a pair of Mickey Mouse socks instead of big puffy slippers like Gloria needed, but she...like me...just couldn't give in.  Phil and I also had the same experience at Disney...I used to love all the rides (nothing upside down...but anything else) and this time...not so much.  I chickened out on MISSION SPACE and was nauseous from most of the others...I have to admit that while I love Cam and Mitch, I just cannot stand their daughter Lily and every time she's on screen the show comes to a screaming halt for me.  The leash/dog thing was funny, but that's when I checked Facebook, email and Twitter.  I'm not bitter, I just liked the cuter, silent Lily better.

-Alicia Silverstone is still hangin in their on SUBURGATORY.  The vegan thing is getting old for me, and I really want George and Dallas to get together at this point, so it was fun while it lasted...but I'm ready for her to leave now.  My obsession this week was on Dahlia's pet Kangaroo. Is it real?  Can you even train a Kangaroo?  I thought that the storyline would have the Kangaroo gone when Dallas insisted on moving it into the guest house, but George told her to keep it in the house, so it looks like it's staying...I find this entire Kangaroo thing oddly bizarre and enjoyable all at the same time.  If any of you Emmy voters are reading...Cheryl Hines better be nominated and she better win...I have completely forgotten that she was once Larry David's wife on CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM until just now as I was typing it.   


-I am requesting a REVENGE media blackout...I have to be honest, I fell asleep and missed the entire episode.  I knew it would happen if I got in my bed under my blankets, but I did it anyway and I apologize...I promise to have my recap tomorrow.


-I did get up early this morning to check out Howard Stern on JIMMY FALLON, Howard can do no wrong, I love him.  Jimmy and I need to discuss a few things when he sleeps over, especially Questlove's poor attitude.   Jimmy...if you are reading this...my list is getting sooooo long.  I know I originally just wanted you to sleep over for one night, but I really don't think one will be enough...we have a lot to cover.  Just let me know when you'll be over, I can send you over the agenda, list of snacks and directions. 


-I'm pretty sure we all thought it was already official that Britney Spears was one of the new  X-FACTOR judges, but apparently NOW...it is officially official.  We just need to know if any of the other rumors are true...Miley Cyrus? Stacy Kiebler?  Auditions are already under way, so they better make some more announcements soon...I'm just happy L A Reid is coming back...

- Social activity surrounding broadcast primetime TV in April 2012 increased by 194% over April 2011, Trendrr.TV. 
  • Of the top five broadcast networks, FOX had the highest increase in broadcast social share, up 10% in April 2012 from March 2012. 
  • Broadcast was more socially active per telecast than cable was. 
  • On the cable front, ESPN edged out Nickelodeon as the top social cable network with 13% cable social share. 
  • The NCAA Championship Game, WrestleMania, Bad Girls Club, the NBA Playoffs, and the Billboard Latin Music Awsards were the most social telecasts throughout the month.  
  • Reality TV generated the most social buzz at 36%.


-I had Tivo'ed (The preferred DVR of WWTM) a new reality show on E! called MRS. EASTWOOD AND COMPANY which stars Clint's wife, Dina(who is 35 years younger than him) their daughter, Morgan, his daughter from another marriage, Frannie, a 6 guy South African acapella group, called Overtone that lives with them, Dina's brother, a ton of animals and a housekeeper named Lisa.  If Clint is in the show, he has yet to make an appearance. Quite frankly, that's really all that interests me...Clint's reaction to all of this lunacy, but in the first episode...no Clint.  This show can go either way for me at this point. Dina, keeps proclaiming that she is really weird and crazy, but she just seems annoying and loud. Right now, no Season Pass award just yet...the jury is still out, bring in Clint!


-I think in yesterday's blog, I mentioned that the kid that played Bobby Cannavale's son on NURSE JACKIE looked JUST like him...well, thanks to my friend and loyal WWTM reader, Steve Dillworth, I now know that Charlie Cruz IS Bobby Cannavale's look alike son, Jake and not the work of an amazing casting director.  Thanks Steve!


-You guys are a tough crowd...when I didn't mention that Half-Pint, Melissa Gilbert and Roshon Fegan (I have no idea who he is) were voted off DANCING WITH THE STARS in a double elimination round yesterday...sorrrrrrrryyyyyyy guys...I don't watch it, so sometimes it's not a top priority.  

-I guess I can officially stick with TOUCH since FOX officially announced that it's been renewed for another season.  I'm happy for Jack Bauer...I mean Kiefer Sutherland, I'm sure he was worried about typecasting problems, but obviously that's not an issue.  

-I've never heard of most of the "celebrities" on the new "celebrity" dating show THE CHOICE on FOX, but there are a few decent ones that I am surprised would take this job...Joe Jonas, Dean Cain and Rocco DiSpirito??? Really??? I wouldn't think either of those 3 would need or want any help in finding a date.  One of my rules is no dating shows...I may have to break it the day Rocco is on...I love Rocco.


-Also renewed...SVU and MOB WIVES, two shows I don't watch, but many of my friends do, so good news for you guys!

-The Daytime EMMY Nominations came out yesterday here are some of the bigger categories:
  • Outstanding Drama Series: ALL MY CHILDREN, DAYS OF OUR LIVES, GENERAL HOSPITAL, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS,
  • Outstanding Morning Program: GMA & THE TODAY SHOW (If I am CBS...I'm pissed)
  • Outstanding Talk Show: ELLEN, LIVE WITH REGIS & KELLY, THE TALK & THE VIEW
  • Outstanding Talk Show/Informative: ANDERSON, DR.OZ & THE DOCTORS
  • Outstanding Game Show Host: Ben Bailey (CASH CAB), Todd Newton (FAMILY GAME NIGHT), Wayne Brady (LET"S MAKE A DEAL) & Meredith Viera (WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE)
  • Outstanding Lifestyle/Culinary Host: Giada De Laurentiis, Rick Bayless, Nate Berkus, Paula Deen & Sandra Lee 
  • Outstanding Talk Show Host: Anderson Cooper, Dr. Oz, Regis & Kelly, Rachael Ray,  & The Doctors
-Not sure if any of you are familiar with the Carly Rae Jepsen song "Call Me Maybe" or its video that stars Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez and Ashley Tisdale, but the "stars of E!" spoofed the video with their version of the song and I loved it so much, I had to share it here:


-So with all of the focus on online TV viewing, thought this chart would be of interest:
 Monthly Time Spent Watching TV via Select Platforms in US TV Households, by Age, Jan 2012 (hours)

Thursday's Mothers Day Trivia Question: Alex, Mallory, Jennifer and Andy...who is their Mom?

WWTM-Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment