Friday, July 13, 2012

BIG BROTHER IS FINALLY BACK...I slept like a baby last night!

The answer to Thursday's Trivia Question:Barnes, Lockheart, and Gardner is the law firm on THE GOOD WIFE:
FIRST FIVES: Jason Novick, Phyllis DiCesare, Terry Berlin, Millie Gerstein & Karen Heniger


Wednesday's Broadcast Top 5
AMERICA'S GOT TALENT (CFF)-NBC 1.9/7.8
SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE-FOX 1.9/5.7
MODERN FAMILY (CFF)-ABC 1.4/3.7
MODERN FAMILY (CFF)-ABC 1.4/3.7
LAW & ORDER SVU-NBC 1.2/4.7


Wednesday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE-FOX 117,689
AMERICA'S GOT TALENT (CFF)-NBC 37,411
CRIMINAL MINDS-CBS 19,588
MODERN FAMILY (CFF)-ABC 12,491
CSI-CBS 9,397


Wednesday's Cable Top 5
THE BIG BANG THEORY-TBS 1.4/3.3
ESPY AWARDS-ESPN 1.2/2.4
ROYAL PAINS-USA 1.0/4.1
AMERICAN DAD-Adult Swim 1.0/2.6
THE BIG BANG THEORY-TBS 1.0/2.4


Wednesday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
ESPY AWARDS-ESPN 927,805
CHEER PERFECTION-TLC 83,205
DALLAS-TNT 51,080
SOUTH PARK-Comedy Central 35,826
ROYAL PAINS-USA 33,348




2 big stories this morning actually...first and foremost...All is right in the world again for me...it now feels like Summer...BIG BROTHER IS BACK!  Julie Chen and her super posture, odd clothing choices and huge hair...BACK!  The house, the camera's, the shots of the camera's...BACK!  Mike "Boogie", Britney, Janelle and Dan...all...BACK! I can't even describe the big smile, on my face the second I hear the BB theme...Anyway, I got to watch the premiere with one of my closest friends last night in NYC. 


Lets get this out of the way right now...it's going to be really difficult to not spoil things for any of you that watch.  So I am apologizing in advance, however if you are a real BB fan, you have made the commitment to watch live.  What I won't do, is I won't reveal anything I have learned from blogs, feeds etc.  I will only talk about what has been broadcast.  Deal?

  • I actually like this coaching/mentor twist.  Especially since there is a prize for the coach if one of their players wins the whole thing. 
  • The alliance issue becomes a bit different this year since there are 4 teams but I'm sure it will play a major factor in the game
  • How in the world does Willie Hantz, Russell Hantz from SURVIVOR's brother, think he is going to get away with lying to everyone and saying he isn't related to him?  They look EXACTLY alike (accept what's with his super manscaped eyebrows?) and they sound EXACTLY alike.  The houseguests already don't believe him which is going to be an issue.
  • Of course Willie wins HOH!  Of course he does.
  • I'm not sure who to root for...I like Dan and I love Janelle, but I don't love their teams.  Maybe I will grow to love them
  • The first HOH competition was hilarious and insane...3 spinning/moving mattresses that the houseguests had to somehow get across, get a teddy bear and come back with it.  It will be amazing to me if nobody ended up with a concussion from that one.
  • Totally bummed that Jodi the stepmother of 5 is out of the game already.  I liked her.
  • I like the genius kid IAN...best comment he made to Boogie..."I was 10 when I first watched you on this show" ouch.
  • I forgot that Dan yells and speaks really loud all the time, but I don't hate him for it
  • Wil with one L aka the Southern Gay Fabio will be called SGF in this blog...I like him
  • I don't think I am going to like Jojo from Staten Island...I feel like she is trouble
  • I think we will all like Jenn the Gay Goth chick from Brooklyn
  • Is there a market for mobile spray tanning?  Who knew?
  • Frank...who does he remind me of? It's driving me nuts.

Ahhh, I feel good, I feel whole again...can't wait until Sunday (but you know I'm checking the blogs as much as I'm checking my son's sleepaway camp website)


-Second big story...Steven Tyler is leaving AMERICAN IDOL and heading back to his first love...Aerosmith and rock n roll.  Ya know what, I am shocked on one hand but sort of relieved on another.  It makes sense to me.  Once a rocker always a rocker. I'm sure Steven had a good time, and honestly, I'm sure Joan Rivers would be happy to take his place, she'd need a bit of a different wardrobe, but if done right, nobody would even notice he's gone.


-Quick note on the new ABC FAMILY show BEVERLY HILLS NANNIES.  I had screened the pilot a while ago and hated it.  On paper it sounded perfect, but I hated all of the mothers and really didn't love any of the nannies.  However, the show did pretty well with 724,000 A18-49 viewers tuning in for the premiere.  So again this proves that America is nuts and I am not always right about these things...But I am curious if any of you watched it let me know what you thought.  


-AMC is offering DISH subscribers a live stream of Sunday's premiere of BREAKING BAD since they have no way of watching these days.  That's nice of them, and I'm sure a test to determine if they can lure enough viewers to a big show online...could get interesting...could get uglier.  Lots at stake!  


-Since we are on this topic...no change for Direct TV subscribers as of this morning...still no MTV, or any other Viacom cable network.  




-TEEN WOLF has already been renewed for a 3rd season.  I always think I should have stuck with this one...I know if I was watching it I probably would be loving it.


-Some great TRENDRR data for the month of June:

  • Total Social Interactions up 681% YOY
  • Total Social Interactions up 15% from May
  • From January to June: 350 million social interactions
  • SUPER BOWL XLVI still the most social TV event 17.5 million
  • NBA FINALS was the most social even for June with 3.7 million
  • 2Q 2011 vs 2Q 2012 social activity grew 487%
  • PRETTY LITTLE LIARS has the largest engaged audience in June
  • Other cable winners: TRUE BLOOD, TEEN WOLF, LOVE & HIP HOP, WWE & DANCE MOMS
  • ABC was the social leader for June basically due to NBA 
  • Broadcast social activity decreased 18% from May to June
  • Cable social activity increased 42% from May to June
  • Males make up 70% of social activity during sporting events
  • Twitter activity is highest on Sunday's, Tuesday's and Thursday's
  • Twitter is responsible for 50% of the social conversation
  • Facebook activity is steady throughout the week with the exception of a drop off of 50% on Saturday's
  • GetGlue activity is strongest on Monday's and Tuesday's
  • Viggle activity is highest on Tuesday's
GOT A THEME IDEA FOR TRIVIA??? SEND IT IN!  Always looking for help on this front!



Friday's Trivia Question: Crane, Poole & Schmidt name the show.


Have a great weekend!


WWTM-Kristy
http://watchingwaytoomuch.com
kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com
kristy.carruba@verizonwireless.com

No comments:

Post a Comment