Friday, March 1, 2013

March already?

Today is the first day of March which means that the Trivia Contest resets today.  Remember all correct answers count towards a prize at the end of the month.  The winner for February was Monica Caraffa!  Congratulations Monica!



The answer to Thursday's Trivia Question: Elizabeth Banks played Avery Jessup on 30 Rock.  Her daughter's name was Liddy short for Elizabeth

FIRST FIVES:  Jim Carter, Rachel Snyder, Monica Caraffa, Alex Nagler & Katie McCartney
Honorable Mention:Crystal Kyler

Wednesday's Broadcast Top 5
American Idol-FOX 3.9/13.3
Modern Family-ABC 3.9/10.5
Criminal Minds-CBS 2.6/10.3
Survivor-CBS 2.6/9.1
Suburgatory-ABC 2.2/6.1

Wednesday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
American Idol-FOX 319,978
Law & Order SVU-NBC 108,898
Modern Family-ABC
Criminal Minds-CBS 53,539
Survivor-CBS 48,499

Wednesday's Cable Top 5
Duck Dynasty-A&E 3.9/8.6
Big Bang Theory-TBS 1.1/2.4
Psych-USA 1.0/2.9
Top Chef-Bravo .8/1.8
American Dad-Adult Swim .8/1.8

Wednesday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
Ducky Dynasty-A&E 697,234
NBA Basketball-ESPN 585,220
NHL Hockey-NBC Sports 85,084
Psych-USA 84,575
Workaholics-Comedy Central 72,196

Late Night Ratings for the week of 
Leno .8/3.5
The Daily Show.7/1.5
Kimmel .7/2.5
Letterman .8/3.3
Colbert .6
Fallon .5/1.8
Conan .4/.8
Nightline .4/1.5
Ferguson .4/1.6
Carson .3/1.0

Early Morning Ratings for the week of 
GMA-1.8/2.2
Today Show-1.8/2.1
CBS This Morning-1.0/1.1 (Slowly creeping up)

-I was out late last night and didn't watch much.  When I got home my son was watching Swamp People so I tried to spend some quality time with him watching that, but once the guys who speak an English I can't process, took cow ears and filled them with cow intestines and other disgusting stuff to use as bait to catch a gator, I was done.  I went into my room and watched Smash from this week, and again, I'll finish it...at least I think I will, but I'm kinda done with it.  Jennifer Hudson is super talented but every song she sings she sounds like she is screaming and she's gone bust an artery.  I was happy with Megan Hilty and Katherine McPhee, now we have Jennifer too.  Oy. I also found it hard to believe that these 2 kids that Karen found are the saviours of Broadway.  I could go on with all of the turns the show has taken but it's Friday and I'm not in the mood to rant today. So it'll just be a short post instead.

NEWS & INFORMATION:

-The CW has officially cancelled the second generation 90210 series.  The show will end after this season and not be back in the Fall.  They did get 5 seasons out of this version and 10 seasons out of the original.  I say wait a few years and for the 3rd try, have the original cast back with their kids.  Brandon and Kelly Walsh become Mr. & Mrs. Walsh.  Just a thought.

-The winner of Top Chef 's 10th season, and only the second female to win ever, Kristen Kish was revealed on Wednesday nights episode.  This episode was the highest rated of the season and delivered 1.8 million viewers up 7% from last week.

-Andrew Mason, the CEO of Groupon was fired yesterday...I found it interesting mainly because he wrote a letter to his staff that started with this: "After four and a half intense and wonderful years as CEO of Groupon, I’ve decided that I’d like to spend more time with my family. Just kidding – I was fired today. If you’re wondering why… you haven’t been paying attention. From controversial metrics in our S1 to our material weakness to two quarters of missing our own expectations and a stock price that’s hovering around one quarter of our listing price, the events of the last year and a half speak for themselves. As CEO, I am accountable." 

-It seems to be big news that my FBFF, Jimmy Fallon's show will begin airing on the new Esquire Network.  I'm happy for him, but because of how many ways content is already currently available from Jimmy's show and how viral a lot of his bits are, not sure how this helps Esquire.  Right now the shows are all available immediately on Hulu and on the shows site etc.  I guess all exposure is good exposure, but the Esquire Network will get each episode a week after it airs.  The good news is that they're going to run the show at 7pm so if you don't DVR it every night like I do, then you can rewatch anything you may have missed  and not seen on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Hulu etc. I'm not sure I have the Esquire Network on my cable system.  It was G4...I think I had that...I'll have to get back to you on this one.  


-March Madness Super Tough Trivia Question: What was the name of the bank that Sydney Bristow told her friends she worked for on Alias? 

Have a great weekend!

WWTM-Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment