Saturday, April 13, 2013

Okay, I Confess...

ad·dict

noun
1.
a person who is addicted to an activity, habit, or substance: a drug addict.

No joke, on the 6th day of vacation, I felt the need to look up the definition of addict.  I guess it was 730AM, my son and husband were still asleep in our beautiful suite on the beach in Jamaica and I had been up for 2 hours so that I could watch a few more episodes of Scandal before heading to spin class and starting the day.  I was starting to think I had a problem.  I tried NOT to watch any shows, over the break, but I couldn't do it. Addiction always sounds like a bad thing.  The good news about my addiction to TV, I decided, is that it really is harmless.  I mean sure I cried uncontrollably and had to be left alone for a while when Friday Night Lights ended, and yes, I was furious at Julian Fellows for killing off both Lady Cybil and Matthew in the same season, but net/net, my addiction to TV doesn't hurt anyone really.  So, I gave myself a break and allowed myself my "fix" and I confess...I watched all 25 episodes of Scandal in 6 days. I still exercised, read 3 books and started a 4th, listened to music, played baseball on the beach with my son, rode bikes, played mini golf, had a massage and spent quality time with my family. I even asked them if they felt my addiction was affecting our life in any way, and they both agreed that other than sometimes subjecting them to shows like Joan & Melissa, Real Housewives of whatever city, and Glee, they accept and love me for who I am...a TV addict. 

Scandal
You guys told me.  You did and I didn't listen.  I thought Scandal was something else, a cops/legal/thing and that goes against my viewing rules, so I never tuned in.  Man was I wrong.  Scandal is insanely good and addictive and I'm obsessed. I don't even know where to start.  I love Olivia Pope. I love all of her white outfits even though it's a mystery how she owns them when she never has a moment to shop. I love that she never sleeps, only eats popcorn and drinks red wine. I love her Movado watches, her apartment, the way she walks, the way she talks and the fact that she can "fix" anything and yet she herself is broken. I love how she can be touched and moved and near tears one minute and be tough, strong and powerful the next.  I love Fitz. I love how he loves Olivia, I love how he hates Mellie, I love the man and the President he's trying to be. I love how he is the leader of the free world, the most powerful man on the planet and yet he got down on his knees to put hunting boots on Olivia so she wouldn't ruin her million dollar Manolo's.  I could go on and on...I love that Josh Malina is back in my life as David Rosen, I love Abby and Harrison and Lindsay/Quinn and Cyrus and of course Huck...I love them all. Even Mellie, who I love/hate/love/hate.  I love that this season Scott Foley, another Felicity alum, is back in my life, and I love that I FINALLY got on the Scandal bandwagon.  Of course, I do have some issues/observations that I need to share: 
1) Doesn't Mellie remind you of Priscilla Presley? (those pearls drive me NUTS!)
2) How is it that pretty much anyone and everyone can break into Olivia's apartment so easily?
3) Does anyone EVER sleep? The only one ever shown sleeping, seems to be the President.
4) Would they really have an unending supply of scotch in the Oval Office?
5) Will we EVER see Fitz & Mellie's kids,  Karen & Jerry?
5) Is Mellie her full name or is it a nickname for Melissa?
6) Would the Secret Service tell the first lady so much? 
7) Do Pope and Associates only eat Chinese Food when they are at the office?
8) Gettys Burger is an awesome name for a burger franchise in the DC area...just sayin
9) Hollis Doyle is hilarious
10) Cutting edge technology everywhere, but  they all use the new Windows phones...Good for you Microsoft!

Okay...I got all of that out of my system for tonight.  I'll do a catch up tomorrow on everything else that happened while I was gone in the land of TV and "stuff".  

WWTM (even on vacation), Kristy


2 comments:

  1. I share your sentiments# Scandalobessed# too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got on the scandal Bandwagon on 420....I Love hoe Kerry And Stength and a softness to the Olivia Pope! Shonda Rhimes Is my hero! Fantastic writing

    ReplyDelete