Thursday, August 1, 2013

Parks & Rec with no Chris and Ann Perkins? Why Amy? Why






The answer to Wednesday's Trivia Question: Dr. Alex Karev and Dr. Christina Yang would be found at Seattle-Grace Hospital on a work day. I would have accepted Mercy West and Gray Sloane Memorial but Seattle Grace was really what I was going for.  The July contest winner will be announced tomorrow. 

FIRST FIVES: Dan Realson, Kathy Connelly, Andrea Walters, Karen Feldman & Michael O'Dea 

Honorable Mention: Rachel Snyder

Bonus Trivia Question Answer: There have been 5 hosts of Talk Soup/The Soup: Greg Kinnear, John Henson, Hal Sparks, Aisha Tyler and Joel McHale.  Gotta admit, you all surprised me in how many of them you knew! 

Tuesdays Broadcast Top 5
America's Got Talent-NBC 2.7/9.6
So You Think You Can Dance-FOX 1.4/4.1
NCIS-CBS 1.1/7.5
Extreme Weight Loss-ABC 1.1/3.5
Hollywood Game Night-NBC 1.0/3.0

Tuesday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
America's Got Talent-NBC 118,039
So You Think You Can Dance?-FOX 68,940
Whose Line Is It Anyway-CW 30,661
Extreme Weight Loss-ABC 30,446
La Tempestad-Univision 11,826

Tuesday's Cable Top 5
Counting Cars-History 1.3/3.1
The Game-BET 1.2/2.6
Deadliest Catch-Discovery 1.2/2.9
Pretty Little Liars-ABC Family 1.1/2.3
Catfish-MTV 1.1/2.1

Tuesday's Cable Trendrr Top 
Pretty Little Liars-ABC Family 429,903
Catfish-MTV 392,295
Twisted-ABC Family 56,468
Suits-USA 37,863
Rizzoli & Isles-TNT 32,071

Big Brother
As soon as BB began...so did the scroll...8/2 is quickly approaching if you already didn't know Time Warner Customers!!!  One day of BB left before the potential plug gets pulled.

Let's just go to the bullet points:
  • Gina and her hot pink stilettos are just ridiculous. 
  • Are Juicy sweatsuits still "in"? Not where I live...just sayin Amanda. 
  • We interrupt this prayer to bring you a teary emotional...Jessie?  Didn't see that coming.
  • The McCrag look is SO on my nerves...I don't get it, but the exposed hat tag is obviously intentional.
  • I wonder if General Motors is excited by their unintentional integration into Big Brother. With every mention of GM...ka-ching! 
  • I think I say it every year around this time in the BB season...why do we constantly need to see footage of the cameras in the BB house? Is it so we know they're still on the job?
  • I agreed with Judd, Andy, Spencer and everything else, I had no idea what Howard was talking about and he's "talk" was an EPIC fail.  EPIC.
  • BBMVP nominated AMANDA? Gotta admit, that did surprise me. 
  • I have one of those furry hats with the mittens that GM was wearing...mine's a panda and I do sometimes wear it around the house. I admit it. 
  • Not sure what's worse...Candice's MASSIVE red super cross earrings or Andy's kitty t-shirt.  The crosses...definitely the crosses
  • Helen was a bit overenthusiastic about being the host of the veto competition. Annoying
  • Who has more hats: Joe Gorga or McCrae? Answer: Joe Gorga
  • LOVE Amanda calling Howard out on his confusing conversation. He really only makes sense in the diary room. 
  • YES Amanda, America put you on the block! I'm just as surprised as you are but maybe America is concerned that you will end up with that $68.00 a week pizza delivery boy forever and they're doing you a huge favor. 
  • First the kitty tee, then the tank top and now those crazy pajama pants? Andy, for a gay guy, you sure have a bizarre sense of style.
  • Helen was WAY too into her role as host of the Veto.
  • Time machine veto with special effects on Big Brother...way cool! What will they think of next? 
  • I'm great at puzzles, I bet I would have kicked butt at that veto competition.
  • Two McCrags are worse than one McCrag and one McCrag was terrible.
  • Spencer won the veto, who will America replace him with? 
  • Candice is an idiot. She complains about everything...that's her strategy? PLAY THE GAME and stop complaining. 
  • Helen's pro activity worked and Candice the complainer took Spencer's place on the block.  Now that...I did see coming.
Little People Big World 
Amy and Matt decided to take the entire family, including Jeremy and Zach's girlfriends to Costa Rica on vacation, awesome right? Well, in some respects yes. The family got to spend time together, Jeremy got to see Audrey who he hasn't seen in 3 months, they got to go zip lining, fishing, hiking,kayaking etc. Normally that would be great, but there was still tremendous tension between Amy and Matt. I was surprised they chose Costa Rica as it is not a great place for a guy on crutches...little or big.  While Matt seems to be able to do almost anything he does have his limits and he sure did give it a try. You can't say he didn't but he reached his breaking point, something we hardly ever see. Amy really doesn't ever seem sympathetic, helpful, or caring. She never looks around at everything her husband has given her and appreciates it all. She says she does, but she's full of it.  Matt did end up having some fun in Costa Rica. He took a jeep and went off-roading in the jungle and he was able to go horseback riding with the family but honestly, Costa Rica's just not a good idea for a 50+ year old  little person on crutches. I loved seeing Jeremy and Zach with their girlfriends. They all seemed really happy. Hopefully, we'll get to see Little People Big World: Graduation, Little People Big World: Wedding and Little People Big World: Jacob Smiles. Not kidding Jacob uttered one word during the entire episode and barely cracked a smile.  I'm worried about him and Amy & Matt's marriage and hope that we don't see Little People Big World: Divorce Court. That would suck. Not sure if Molly is using Proactive or not, but she should, she came back from college with a terrible case of acne. I noticed the Proactive ads during the show. Coincidence or perfect spot placement. As someone whose goal it is every week to allocate the right message to the right environment, I can appreciate these incidents. 

Under the Dome
Under the Dome is starting to freak me out. I really thought that the government was testing this giant dome thing but now...I'm not so sure at all. The dome protected everyone from the bomb, just when everyone was freaking out, looting, raping, pillaging and killing because they were afraid they'd all run out of water and die, it rained (inside the dome only). Joe and Nori were on a quest for insulin for one of Nori's Mom's. They found a bottle, but that's not going to last long. Julia and Dodee were using a giant Nerf gun looking thing to track down the dome's power source. It worked and tracked down Joe and Nori.  When they touched the dome together, the radio frequency started working. The whole things getting freakier and freakier. I really need some answers and if we never get the answer, or not an answer we that will satisfy us, like Lost, I'm gonna be pissed. 

NEWS & INFORMATION

-Devastating news for all of us Parks and Rec fans, Ann Perkins and Chris Traeger aka Rashida Jones and Rob Lowe are LEAVING!!! That's the big idea for February Sweeps NBC?  Can't you do something Amy Poehler? Please don't let them leave.  This is really upsetting me. I'm guessing that they'll have their baby and leave Pawnee which makes no sense at all because Pawnee is such a nice place to raise a family. Not happy.

-Rob Lowe leaving Parks and Rec was Wednesday's bad news , but Oliver Hudson joining Nashville was the good news. I'm not sure I remember him in any other role except Adam on Rules of Engagement. I wonder what he'll be like when he's not playing the dumbest human being on earth? Can't wait to find out.  

-ABC renewed Celebrity Wife Swap for 13 more eps. I know that I'm part of the problem...I know this. Without people like me who love reality TV, these shows wouldn't exist. I'm just constantly amazed what people will do for fame and fortune, but it's even more absurd and bizarre what celebrities will do to stay in the spotlight.  Celebrity Wife Swap, celebrity diving, dancing, cooking, etc. I love it all, I do,  but every once in a while I have a  WTF. When you stop and think about where reality programming started and where we are now it's just out of control 

On that same note...O...M..G...TLC is airing a show called The Man with the 132 lb Scrotum on 8/19. Okay, that's just insanity. So first you're grossed out and you're thinking that's crazy, who would watch that? Then you're also thinking, "I need to see it" right? I haven't decided yet, and I'll be on vacation at the time, but I'll let you know if I end up setting the DVR or not. 132 lbs! That's me plus 20lbs HOLY COW! 

-Amazon's going kids! After a great response to the first set of their TV pilots, Amazon is going to move forward with even more original programming targeting kids 6-11.  Couldn't hurt right? 

-My son has been at Sleepaway camp all Summer so I've been getting TONS of great emails, links, articles etc. that are all camp related. This one is pretty much my favorite. Amazing ad for tampons...check it out: http://www.policymic.com/articles/57277/the-tampon-commercial-you-wish-you-d-seen-as-a-kid

Thursday's Trivia Question: Where does Dr. Gregory House see patients?

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment