Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Jax is back tonight!




The answer to Monday's Trivia Question:  "Thunder Island", "O Sherry" and "She Blinded me with Science" were the 3 80's tunes that were included in Sunday's Breaking Bad episode, but only Kelly and Monica noticed.

FIRST FIVE: Kelly Rogers & Monica Caraffa
Honorable Mention: Kelly & Monica, were the only 2 that got it...my bad, I thought everyone was watching but from what I've heard back...the Giant game was where everyone was on Sunday night.  I'm a Jet fan, so I chose Breaking Bad over the Giants. From the outcome...you guys should have done the same.

Friday's Cable Top 5
Tangled-Disney .9/2.0
WWE Friday Night Smackdown-Syfy .7/2.4
American Dad-Adult Swim .7/1.8
Law & Order SVU-USA .5/1.8
Phineas & Ferb-Disney .5/2.9

Sunday's Broadcast Top 5
Sunday Night Football-NBC 9.1/23.2
Football Night in America-NBC 7.0/18.2
The Simpsons-FOX 2.9/6.5
60 Minutes-CBS 1.9/6.8
Big Brother-CBS 1.9/6.8

Sunday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
Sunday Night Football-NBC 834,067
Big Brother-CBS 75,703
Family Guy-FOX 21,241
Secret Millionaire- ABC 19,990
Castle-ABC 6,799

Sunday's Cable Top 5
NA

Sunday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
Breaking Bad-AMC 471,096
Boardwalk Empire-HBO 59,255
Dexter-Showtime 53,866
Total Divas- E! 43,107
The Real Housewives of NJ 36,947


Newsroom
It was election night 2012 at ACN Sunday night and I wasn't sure how they'd keep it interesting when we all knew who the winner would be, but they did. Of course they did, it's Aaron Sorkin for god sakes.  So while we were waiting to find out what we already knew, Sloan had a book debacle she was dealing with, the Genoa debacle was still out there and everyone that had anything to do with it was begging to be fired. Of course there was Maggie's hair debacle too. Which I still can't get used to. So a lot going on.  All Charlie wanted was no mistakes, no issues, nothing. Just a clean night of election coverage and of course that didn't happen. Jim mistakenly predicted Michigan's winner when he shouldn't have, and tried to quietly fix it before Charlie noticed, but it didn't matter because Charlie got wind of General Petraeus's debacle and that really set him off.  Also set off was Will.  Mackenzie was just pushing every button possible to get Will to fire her and also to finish punishing her for cheating him. Once she pushed him far enough he did it. He fired her, but I'm betting she's back next week because that's just the way it is. The real show needs her, the fake show needs her and of course we know that Will needs her. So I'm pretty sure she'll be back.

The Million Second Quiz
He may be overexposed, but America's hardest working man in show business is good at what he does. Ryan Seacrest's working some big time overtime on the Million Second Quiz. It's 24/7! I'm not sure what that actually means, but the game started Sunday and continues non-stop for 11 days, so I'm guessing Ryan takes breaks or has a sub or a stand in or something? Is he still doing his radio show? Auditioning people for Idol? Maybe he's doing it all from the crazy hourglass set in NYC?  I need information!!!  I don't know if I'll tune in to MSQ for all 11 nights especially with my new no multi night commitment proclamation, but I do love trivia and the new season isn't in full swing yet, so we'll see what happens. This shows pretty interesting. It's live, it's being played all over the country online and on the MSQ app and everyone has a shot at getting in on the action. Once someone in the money chair loses, they don't automatically go home, they go to these bedpods on winners row. There are 4 losers waiting for their shot to get back in the money chair. It's a bit confusing as to why they don't go home, but lets just go with it. There's also the people around the country who have been playing the game on the app and online, they've accumulated points to get on the show and "jump the line". So far over 13 million rounds have been played since the app launched. It's a pretty cool concept. Let's see how America reacts to this thing...keep ya posted. 

News & Information:

-The Mary Tyler Moore reunion suckered me into watching the Hot in Cleveland season finale and I definetly wasn't the only one. 2.5 million people tuned in last week to see Mary and the gang together again. I wonder if everyone who tuned in is still as disturbed by Mary's appearance as I am. We all love MTM so much and hope she's okay.  

The Esquire Network was supposed to replace G4 on cable systems all over the country when it launches on 9/23, but change of plans. G4's staying put and the Style Network will be the network being replaced instead.  Not sure what that means for Style Net's biggest hit show, Giuliana & Bill. My guess is it will move to another net like Oxygen or Bravo. That was a bit of surprising news no?

-Boardwalk Empire's premiere Sunday night was down nearly 20% vs. last year. I'm betting that will pick up over the course of the week. Sunday's tough as it is but add the Giants/Cowboys game and Breaking Bad and it's even more difficult to gain share. I tried to get into BE but bagged it after a few episodes of the first season. Maybe one of these days I'll go back to it, but not for now. 

- Tina Fey will be hosting the season premiere of SNL on 9/28 with Arcade Fire as the musical guest. I'm sure it'll be good, but gotta admit I'm a bit disappointed with Arcade Fire. I thought someone BIG would open up the season. Hoping a few of Tina's celebrity friends drop by for a 30 Rock spoof. Would love a Jack Donaghey/Liz Lemon reunion. 

-Long Island Medium, Theresa Caputo will be tweeting live during her shows premiere on 10/6. She'll be giving away the opportunity for one of her viewers to win a reading with her. If you're into that sort of thing, it's a pretty big deal since her waiting list right now is a few years long. Mediums freaks me out, I've seen the show, I love it, but I don't watch it. It just freaks me out too much. 

-I'm still going to try to stick to my guns and not watch The Voice this season, but between a skinnier Xtina and the news that Cher will join the show as one of the advisers, it may be really difficult for me to keep the promise I made to myself.  In addition to Cher, Miguel, Ed Sheeran and Ryan Tedder (I had to look him up on YouTube) will be working with gang and their teams. 

The goal for tonight is to chat live during Sons of Anarchy on my Facebook page.  So if you're up and your watching, I'll be there typing away. Come join me!

-So psyched that Elton John will be a performer on the Primetime Emmy's in a few weeks. He'll be paying tribute to Liberace since Behind the Candelabra is up for so many awards. I was surprised when I read that it's the first time Elton's ever been at the Emmy's but I guess TV isn't normally his thing. Oscar, Tony, and Grammy...too bad he can't EGOT, but he's not up for anything or he'd be one of the very few to do it. 

-I doubt we'll hear anything surprising today at 1pm when Apple reveals it's new Iphones and Ipads, but I'm curious who'll be watching and who'll be purchasing. So, let me know. 

Tuesday's Trivia Question: What town on Long Island does The Long Island Medium live in?

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme
kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com

1 comment:

  1. Ed Ziskind, not Ryan Seacrest, is "America's hardest working man in show business".

    ReplyDelete