Monday, October 21, 2013

Homeland's Hangin by a Thread




The answer to Friday's Trivia Question: Breckin Meyer played Travis Birkenstock in the movie Clueless. I love that movie! Maybe I should do movie trivia this week.  I mean all movie do air on TV these days right?
FIRST FIVES: Mike O'Dea, Bill McLaughlin, Jim DePaul, Jim Carter & Katie McCartney
Honorable Mention:Rachel Snyder

Thursday's Broadcast Top 5
The Big Bang Theory-CBS 4.9/17.2
Scandal-ABC 3.3/9.4
The Millers-CBS 3.2/12.1
Grey's Anatomy-ABC 2.6/8.5
The Crazy Ones-CBS 2.5/9.5

Thursday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
Scandal-ABC 248,999
The Vampire Diaries-CW 200,566
Grey's Anatomy-ABC 93,967
The Big Bang Theory-CBS 65,057
Parks & Recreation-NBC 41,409

Thursday's Cable Top 5
NFL Football-NFL Network 2.3/6.0
The Big Bang Theory-TBS 1.1/2.4
Pawn Stars-History 1.0/3.2
Project Runway-Lifetime .9/2.6
College Football-ESPN .9/2.1

Thursday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
NFL Football-NFL Network 107,695
White Collar-USA 53,429
Project Runway-Lifetime 50,228
Covert Affairs-USA 25,746
Impact Wrestling-Spike 18,052

Friday's Broadcast Top 5
Shark Tank - ABC 1.9/6.5
Undercover Boss-CBS 1.8/9.1
Hawaii Five-0-CBS 1.4/8.8
Blue Bloods-CBS 1.3/10.2
Last Man Standing-ABC 1.3/6.1

Friday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
Shark Tank-ABC 43,264
Blue Bloods-CBS 30,984
America's Next Top Model-CW 29,157
Undercover Boss-CBS 28,287
Hawaii Five-0-CBS 27,761

Friday's Cable Top 5
NA

Friday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
MLB Playoffs-TBS 443,067
WWE Smackdown-Syfy 58,220
What Not to Wear-TLC 21,658
Haven-Syfy 16,197
Ghost Adventures-Travel 14,647

Late Night Ratings for the week of 10/7/13-10/11/13
Leno .9/3.5
Kimmel .8/2.8
Daily Show .7/1.7
Colbert .6/1.4
Letterman .6/2.8
Fallon .6/1.8
Ferguson .4/1.4
Carson .3/.9

Top 5 DVR'ed shows for the week of 9/30/13-10/6/13
Big Bang Theory-From a 5.2 to a 7.6 (+46%)
The Blacklist-From a 3.3 to a 5.5 (+67%)
S.H.I.E.L.D-From a 3.3 to a 5.4 (+64%)
Sleepy Hollow-From a 3.0 to a 5.1 (+70%)
Modern Family-From a 4.2 to a 6.2 (+48%)

Homeland
It was literally the last 3 minutes of the show that saved it. By 42 minutes in I was thinking how I couldn't believe that a show so incredibly good could go so incredibly bad. I was OUT. C'mon, Carrie a traitor? Really? No Brady again? More Dana & Leo, more Jessica leaving whatever the sons name is alone again to find her? Mike was back from The Blacklist assignment for a few minutes. Leland was Nancy Botwin's ex-FBI guy. It was all a big fat waste of time until the last 3 minutes and now I will watch again next week. They kept me, but I'm hangin by a thread out here. 

Real Housewives of NJ Tell All Part 2
WHY did I watch it? Because I ALWAYS finish what I start and this was supposedly the LAST episode of anything RHONJ for this season. No more Andy Cohen...No more! I need a RHONJ vacation.
In this weeks "lost footage" we had a Giudice girls recap. I had forgotten that in the Giudice home, a girls nether region is known as a "chuckalina". What a freaky family.  I was pretty surprised to learn that Gia's not allowed to have sleepovers. You'd think with all the chaos, one less kid for a night would be a welcome relief.  Guess not. The Manzo brothers were apparently in a bit of roommate trouble during the season and interviewed a bunch of odd potential candidatesi. I have a hard time believing that they need a 3rd roommate to help pay their rent, don't you? Full plastic surgery recap and a step by step recap of Lauren't boob reduction/lift surgery. Lauren bugs the cr*p out of me...big time. Kim D. has a line of wrist cuffs. Apparently cuffs are SO big, a launch party was necessary.  Cuffs!  One thing we never saw during the Lake George trip was Joe Gorga's crazy texting addiction.  Dr. V. almost through that phone out the window.

The White Queen
The mini series, The White Queen came to its conclusion on Saturday night. I guess if you're a history buff, or you had read the Phillipa Gregory books the mini series was based off of, you would have known how the story would end. I'm not and I didn't ,so I had no idea how it would all get tied up but it did and I was pretty happy with its conclusion. Again, I don't really want to give anything away because this is a GREAT show to binge view and I don't want to ruin anything for anyone who IS going the check this one out. The White Queen is the story of the War of the Roses and stars a bunch of unknown actors and actresses.  I'm predicting that we start to see more and more of the cast elsewhere as I'm sure their agents are getting lots of offers since the show debuted.

Up Late with Alec Baldwin
Alec's not everyones favorite, and I get that. I happen to really like him. While he was still on 30 Rock, he launched a pretty successful podcast called "Here's the Thing".  Alec's a really great interviewer and while his interests and podcasts are all over the place, he has had some great guests like David Letterman and Kristen Wiig and many more. MSNBC has basically taken the podcast and transported it to their studios on Friday nights at 10pm. Gotta admit, I watched maybe 10 minutes of the premiere episode.  Alec's guest was NY Mayoral candidate Bil de Blasio and as you know, I'm not into politics so I didn't last long. This past Friday night, Alec interviewed Debra Winger who has become a bit of recluse of the years. It was a great interview and Debra was really VERY interesting. Just sayin...if you have no life like me and you're home on a Friday night, check it out. Let me know what you think. 

NEWS & INFORMATION

Well, some people had a great weekend and some people didn't. The people that did: Jets fans, Betty White, Andy Samberg, Tyra Banks, Robin Williams, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Will Arnett and Margaret Martindale.  The Jets beat the Patriots and the rest of the list all have jobs for a little bit longer. Lifetime picked up Betty White's Off Their Rockers, Fox ordered a full season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Tyra' got the go ahead on her 21st cycle of America's Next Top Model, and The Crazy Ones and The Millers also got full season orders.  Unfortunately, Blair Underwood, Mike O'Malley and the Patriots didn't fare as well.

-Last Thursday's episode of The Vampire Diaries beat both ABC and NBC against A18-34, A18-49 and W18-34. It was the shows most watched episode since last February with 2.8 million viewers. This is an increase of 33% vs. the week prior. Better news though, in my opinion, is that Reign, my fave new show of the year, generated some positive news for the CW and delivered the 2nd best time period numbers in a year. Thursday's a competitive night all around, so for Reign to deliver 2 million viewers and increase the time period by 25% since last year...all good!

-Not sure what channel it's launching on today on my Cablevision, but P Diddy, Puff Daddy, Sean Combs's new music network, Revolt goes live today. I have to remember to check it out if I can find it when I get home. Maybe it will be a music channel that actually plays and covers music. After hearing about it at last weeks Future TV Summit, it could be a pretty cool net to follow.  Keep ya posted. 

Monday's Trivia Question: What was Jason Alexander's characters name in Pretty Woman?

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment