Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A Bit Late Today...Sorry


THE ANSWER TO MONDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Jared Leto starred in My So Called Life and Dallas Buyers Club
FIRST FIVE: Mike O'Dea, Megan Quirk, John Romeo, Lance Beitler & Jeff Pellegrini
HONORABLE MENTION:Daniel Block

THE NUMBERS  

Friday's Cable Top 5
Gold Rush-Discovery 1.4/3.7
Bering Sea Gold-Discovery .9/2.3
American Dad-Adult Swim .8/1.8
Modern Family-USA .8/1.4
Gold Rush: The Dirt-Discovery .7/2.0

Sunday's Broadcast Top 5
Winter Olympics-NBC 3.3/15.2
Daytona 500-FOX 2.5/8.0
Growing Up Fisher-NBC 2.1/9.4
The Amazing Race-CBS 1.6/5.3
The Proposal-ABC 1.5/5.0

Sunday's Cable Top 5
NA

Sunday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings
Walking Dead-AMC 353,500 Tweets
WWE Elimination Chamber-PPV 217,100 Tweets
True Detective-HBO 32,800 Tweets
Downton Abbey-PBS 31,000 Tweets 
Keeping Up With the Kardashians-E! 24,500 Tweets

Top 5 DVR'ed shows for the week of 2/3/14-2/9/14
Big Bang Theory-CBS  From a 5.2 to a 8.0 (+54%)
Modern Family-ABC From a 3.5 to a 5.6 (+60%)
Elementary-CBS From a 1.8 to a 3.3 (83%)
How I Met Your Mother-CBS From a 3.8 to a 5.3 (+39%)
S.H.I.E.L.D-ABC From a 2.2 to a 3.6 (+64%)


-Final numbers for Sunday night aren't in yet BUT: The Walking Dead delivered a 6.6 RA18-49 with 13.1 million viewers ANDDDDD, Downton Abbey's season finale was seen by 8.5 million viewers. Keep in mind that both of these shows AND the Daytona 500 were all running against the closing ceremonies of the Olympics.  I guess everyone, like me, had had enough Olympics and was ready to get back to normal. 

THE SHOWS

LATE NIGHT RECAP
FALLON
I fell asleep before Fallon and Seth last night, but got up at the crack of dawn this AM to watch them both. Lets start with Jimmy. Last nights show was the first "normal show". It's what most of his shows are like. I know Jay told him to extend his monologue, but I really think he should go back to the shorter one. Also...too much blue! There's so much of that TV blue color on his and Seth's show that it's all blending together for me. Then...Jimmy wore a blue suit to boot. I'd say cut back on the blue suit if there has to be all that TV blue everywhere else. Jimmy did an awesome Beatles thing, (here's the clip)http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/segments/1616 then a cute interview and cute game with Reese Witherspoon, Usher came to play too. Hopefully that Davy Crockett hat was fake fur or he's going to get a ton of letters.  I hit the delete button once Rick Ross was introduced. First normal show, we'll have to see how it does numbers wise. 

SETH MEYERS
Again, too much of that TV blue. Is there just no other color to work with? Anyway maybe it's just not a good idea to watch so much late night TV in a row like I did. They all start to look the same. Seth did a cute cold open stealing Jimmy's "Thank You Notes" segment but it was to thank HIM so it was funny. Then a monologue that totally felt like he should be at the Weekend Update desk instead of standing on the X in the middle of the stage. The jokes weren't the same as Jimmy's but they were on the same topics. Maybe they should have a meeting?  I normally don't watch 2 late night shows in a row, this could what normally happens. I have no clue.  Amy Poehler was amazing and Joe Biden was cute. I hated the new guest chairs. They looked odd next Seth's desk. Seth has an Ipad and pencils on his desk which really makes no sense to me. Pencils? (Jimmy still has a laptop but the Apple logo is missing.) Seth's show needs work but I think it will end up okay. I haven't decided if it's getting a season pass yet. I also DVR Jimmy Kimmel which I didn't get to this AM.  So I think I'm going to have to make a choice soon. Hate to say it but I'll probably pick Kimmel over Seth.

DALLAS
I don't think I'm going out on a limb when I say that Josh Henderson and Jesse Metcalf have to be the hottest young stars in Primetime. I know there are a lot of super hot guys right on TV right now, but DAMN these two look good. Josh, aka John Ross Ewing had a scene last night where he was wearing nothing but boxer briefs and I bet he hasn't had a carbohydrate in years. O...M...G! Jesse Metcalf played it differently, he was doing the tight thermal with the protruding pecs while chopping wood look. Not sure how cold it gets in Texas where one would need a fire, but if he wants to chop wood...I'm all for it. Bobby Ewing's eyebrows seem to be paying their own personal tribute to Larry Hagman's. Intentional? Maybe. Net/net is that even with JR gone, the Barnes/Ewing feud rages on. John Ross is trying to be as big of a scoundrel as his Daddy was and I'm betting he'll succeed. Bobby went to visit the family grave and proclaimed that he's the only Ewing left but isn't Gary still alive somewhere?  Glad Dallas is back. As far as revivals go, they're definitely doing it right. 


HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER
Goooooood episode this week. 
Lots of flash forwards where we learned that Marshall loses his hair and Lily becomes a Hilary Clinton look-a-like. Marshall becomes a NY State Supreme Court judge in 2020 and their son Marvin apparently gets accepted to Wesleyan, his parents alma mater. Barney got completely obliterated the night before the wedding so the gang spent the entire episode trying to wake him from his coma to find out the secret ingredient to a certain drink that is his famous hangover cure. Name it for 10 points. After all these years, Robin and Lily finally made out and we found out that Ted had NEVER tried a piece of bacon. But Ted met God on his first bite. The writers got me good when they flashed forward to 2016 with Robin and Barney waking up to the sound of a crying baby. PSYCH it wasn't theirs!!!! Little glimpse of New Years Eve 2020 with Ted, Mom and the kids which was just enough to keep us going. Only 5 episodes left I think. 


REAL HOUSEWIVES OF BEVERLY HILLS
Is fame REALLY worth it? This weeks episode of RHOBH was absolutely over the top. Brandi started it, got everyone to hate Lisa and Ken and they all ganged up on them big time. I have no idea if Lisa is as bad as they make her out to be. I still really like her. Lisa and Ken were so upset that they took to cigarettes and wine. Have we ever seen them smoke before? I just felt really bad for them, angry at Brandi, and jealous of all the women's bikini perfect bodies.
THE OTHER STUFF

-EVEN MORE Fallon Facts: 
 Jimmy Fallon's YouTube channel got 37 million views during his shows first week
 9 videos went viral amassing more than one million views each
The channel gained 176,433 subscribers during the first week 
Jimmy spoke to his guests for 33% of the shows vs. Jay's 51%
Jimmy devoted 18% of the first weeks shows to music while Jay normally spent about 9%
Jimmy spent 25% of the show on comedy sketches vs. Jay's 19%

-I can't imagine that any of MY readers are behind the eight ball on Breaking Bad but for anyone who is, the last season's episodes are now available on Netflix. YEAH! 

-I don't do scary, hopefully you know that by now, but for all of you guys that do, and are into Bates Motel, you may get excited for the new After show Special: Bates Motel After Hours

-Dear Harold Ramis, Thank you for Animal House, Meatballs, Caddyshack, Stripes, Ghostbusters, Back to School, Groundhog Day, Analyze This and Analyze That. Almost every guy I know can recite 100% of Caddyshack and most of Back to School and almost every guy can't remember to pick up milk on the way home from work so I'd say you've had a significant impact on a lot of people out there. Especially those jonesin for cereal for breakfast.  RIP Harold. 

Tuesday's Trivia Question: Growing Pains/Wolf of Wall Street-Name the Actor

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme
kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment