Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Okay, So Now We Know...The Question is...Were You Happy With the Series Finale of How I Met Your Mother?


THE ANSWER TO MONDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Victoria was the baker that moved to Germany on How I Met Your Mother
FIRST FIVE: Mike O'Dea, Heather Doyle, Alex Nagler, Jim Sontag & James Gabriele
HONORABLE MENTION: Jim Carter

THE NUMBERS  

Friday's Cable Top 5
NCAA March Madness 10p-TBS 1.6/5.0
NCAA March Madness 7p-TBS 1.0/3.1
Tangled-Disney .9/3.7
Friday Night Smackdown-Syfy .8/3.0
American Dad-Adult Swim .7/1.8 

Sunday's Broadcast Top 5
NCAA March Madness-CBS 3.9/16.4
60 Minutes-CBS 2.5/13.2
Resurrection-ABC 2.3/8.1
Once Upon A Time-ABC 2.1/6.4
Family Guy-FOX 2.1/4.1

Sunday's Cable Top 5
NA

Sunday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings
The Walking Dead-AMC 1.0 Tweets
Talking Dead-AMC 77,000 Tweets
Cosmos-FOX 39,000 Tweets
Eric and Jessie-E! 19,000 Tweets
The Good Wife-CBS 16,000 Tweets

Top 5 DVR'ed Shows for the Week of 3/10/14-3/14/14
Big Bang Theory-CBS From a 4.9 to a 7.5 (+53%)
Modern Family-ABC From a 3.5 to a 5.4 (+54%)
Grey's Anatomy-ABC From a 2.3 to a 4.2 (+83%)
Scandal-ABC From a 2.7 to a 4.4 (+63%)
Resurrection-ABC From a 3.1 to a 4.6 (+48%)


The Walking Dead and AMC- delivered record breaking numbers here's what I got:
15.7 million viewers for The Walking Dead
10.2 million A18-49 viewers for The Walking Dead
7.3 million viewers for The Talking Dead
4.7 million A18-49 viewers for The Talking Dead
1 million Tweets
Top trending discussion on Facebook over a 12 hour period
3.1 million people had 5.8 million interactions 

THE SHOWS
How I Met Your Mother 
Soooooo what'd ya all think? I think I'm fine with it, but I'm honestly not 100% sure how I feel.  Of course the episode had  flashbacks and flash forwards how could it not?  We found out that Mom's name was Tracy which I should have posted somewhere because I totally thought her name would start with the same letter as Ted's.  The fact that they had the same initials (T.M.) was a bonus. They did officially meet at the train station, in Farhampton, after Robin and Barney's wedding, under that yellow umbrella, in the rain. 7 years and 2 kids later, they got married and about 7 years after that, Mom died and 6 years after that, Ted went on his 2nd first date with Robin and the blue french horn.  So net/net we sort of got both. We got Tracy and the story, and we got Robin and Ted. Oh…Robin and Barney only lasted 3 years. She became a big time news person and I still have no idea what he did before, during or after to make enough money to buy all of those suits. He did get a girl pregnant and had a daughter named Ellie. Marshall did become a judge and then a NY State Supreme Court Judge and he and Lily had a 3rd kid. There were touching moments, there were laughs and tears and I think I would have been sort of okay except...why did they let us fall for Tracy? Why did they get us to want Robin and Barney to make it? The entire episode we were sort of hating Robin for not being there (and for some horrible hairstyles). I guess I'm satisfied but I'm still processing. It may take me some time to sort it all out. I don't think the finale was as great as the series but I'm not going to let it define the series as a whole. I loved How I Met Your Mother. I loved the 9 year ride, the inside jokes, the friends I felt I had in this bunch. Monday nights won't be the same without them. Thank you to Josh, Jason, Neil, Allison and Cobie and while I'm still not sure if I'm okay with how they chose to end things, thank you to Carter and Craig who gave them all to us for the past 9 years.

Friends with Better Lives
So which friend has the better life? Kevin from Entourage and his wife who have a new baby, don't have sex, forget their anniversary and sit on the couch with breast pumps doing their thing in front of Dawson Leery while watching Homeland? Dawson who's living with Kevin and Andi, and getting divorced?  Brooklyn Decker who's engaged to weird Buddhist? Or Kate, who seems miserable and destined to be alone forever? I don't know if it was a good idea to try and launch another bunch-of-friends-hangin-out-together comedy right after we were all mourning the loss of HIMYM.  Maybe they should have waited a week or two? I wasn't ready to make new friends yet. 

Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Reunion-Part 3
The husbands and Jiggy made their way to the couch on the final part of the reunion show. Ken apologized to everyone and even said that maybe he could welcome Brandi back into his life, but I don't see it happening. I don't think 3 parts were necessary. We get it, everyone was against Lisa this season and even I have stuck up for her but this episode, I sort of thought that Lisa did come off a bit too arrogant and a bit too blameless. I don't know what goes on with scripted reality shows but if the woman that broke up my friends marriage coincidentally worked for me, I'd have to let her go, not keep her and throw her in my friends face whenever I could. Lisa hid behind the employee/employer thing and I just finally didn't buy it any longer. I think the women all need a break from each other and I definitely need a break from them. 

THE OTHER STUFF


-I'm guessing that Tori and Dean want to set the record straight for all of us and maybe for themselves AND make some dough doing it. Why else do you let the cameras roll at your most vulnerable times? Apparently Tori's new show Tru Tori will begin airing on 4/22 on Lifetime. This could be the show that brings me back to that network. I thought that Jennifer Love Hewitt's, The Client List would, but that show was a giant tease and I was out after the 2nd episode. If Tru Tori is anything like all of her past shows, I'm in. Plus anything 90210ish (the original of course) I'm always in. 

-Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof. Clap along if you feel like Pharrell will be aloof.  Clap along if you're psyched that Pharrell's joining Adam and Blake. Are you happy that Cee Lo's out or did NBC make a big mistake? Look at me rhyming…it's Pharrell he's got me doing it.  Pharrell and his hat are taking Cee Lo's chair over at The Voice. Could be cool...(Go back and sing that section to Pharrell's "Happy" it works better if you do)

-Dave Navarro's back for another season of Ink Master on Spike. I love that guy. I'm sure I'd be totally terrified if I met him in person, but from a far he's sexy/scary.  

-If you've missed any ABC shows this season, or just a few episodes now's your chance to catch up! ABC is airing all episodes of a bunch of their current shows on their Watch ABC app and on Hulu. This includes:  Resurrection (may be worth it-the verdicts still out)  Grey's Anatomy (catch up before Isaiah Washington returns) Nashville (it's just good...watch it) , Betrayal (you'll be disappointed, don't bother), Killer Women, Neighbors Once Upon a Time in Wonderland Trophy Wife and The Taste (I wouldn't waste the time on those few). 

-Nurse Jackie, season 6 hasn't even premiered yet, but it's already been renewed for a 7th season. Will it be a sober season or will Jackie be on the wagon again? I think I liked the show better when she was a drug addict didn't you?

Tuesday's Trivia Question: Which CBS sportscaster made an appearance in the final episode of How I Met Your Mother last night? 

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme
kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment