Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Real Housewives Reunion & Married at First Sight

I know it's shocking, but there are shows I've never watched. I'm heading on vacation next week and need suggestions. WHAT SHOULD I WATCH? 
THE ANSWER TO TUESDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Matthew Rhys was the actor that connects Brothers & Sisters and The Americans
FIRST FIVES: Megan Quirk, Kathy Connelly, Allison Schwartz, Elke Raskob & Evan Schweitzer
HONORABLE MENTION: Jim Carter

THE NUMBERS 
Sunday's Broadcast Top 5

NCAA/60 Minutes 2.8/14.2
Madam Secretary-CBS 1.7/12.5
Once Upon a Time-ABC 1.7/5.4
I Heart Radio Music Awards-NBC 1.7/5.2
The Last Man On Earth-FOX 1.2/3.3

Sunday's Cable Top 5
Walking Dead-AMC 8.2/15.7
Talking Dead-AMC 3.9/7.5
Real Housewives of Atlanta-Bravo 1.2/2.9
Keeping Up with the Kardashians-E! 1.0/1.8
Big Bang Theory-TBS .8/2.5

Sunday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings
iHeart Radio Music Awards-NBC 1,575,000 Tweets
The Walking Dead Season Finale-AMC 819,000 Tweets
Talking Dead-AMC 64,000 Tweets
Once Upon a Time-ABC 47,000 Tweets
Keeping Up With the Kardashians-E! 22,000 Tweets


Monday's Broadcast Top 5
The Voice-NBC 3.2/11.6
Dancing with the Stars-ABC 2.1/13.5
Scorpion-CBS 1.9/9.2
Mike & Molly-CBS 1.8/7.7
2 Broke Girls-CBS 1.8/7.1

Monday's Cable Top 5 
Bieber Roast-Comedy Central 2.6/4.4 (and I guarantee it grows!!!)
WWE-USA 1.8/5.3
Love and Hip Hop-VH1 1.2/2.1
Better Call Saul-AMC 1.1/2.3
Family Guy-Adult Swim 1.1/2.2

Monday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings 
Bieber Roast-Comedy Central 1,285,000 Tweets
WWE Monday Night Raw-USA 401,000 Tweets
Dancing with the Stars-ABC 57,000 Tweets
The Voice-NBC 52,000 Tweets
Bieber Roast Pre-Show-Comedy Central 47,000 Tweets

The HBO scientology documentary, Going Clear,  was their most watched in 10 years. 1.7 million people watched Sunday night and like the Bieber roast, I guarantee that number grows big time. 

THE SHOWS
Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Reunion (Part 1)
Yeesh, I don't know what the Housewives get paid, but they should all get a bonus for just showing up at the reunion show. I can't even imagine how stressful sitting on that couch all day would be, especially for Andy Cohen's neck muscles. Did you see how often they had to work? Looked like he was at Wimbeldon.  Brandi looked like she got extra fillers just to soften the blow for any slaps she may have received from the women. Of course she deserved everything they were dishing out. She does go to far, she does take zero responsibility and she does have the foulest mouth in Beverly Hills. I can't imagine she'll be back next season. Who'd film with her? I felt so bad for Yolanda. Through it all she continues to have such grace and look so beautiful. Hope she does get better and is able to come back. Kyle looked beautiful, but you could tell she was miserable. She hadn't spoken to her sister in months and was trying to hold it all together as best she could. Lisa Rinna held her own pretty well, as did Ilene. Loved that they showed Vince in the garage when the girls were fighting again. That was the funniest scene of the year. We know it's going to get worse before the end of the 3rd part and we know we'll all be watching. 

Married at First Sight
Who isn't LOVING this show? This week, the 3 couples went on their honeymoons. Sean and Davina went to Colorado, but before they left, they exchanged gifts, didn't have sex, Davina lost her wedding ring, Sean accused the hotel staff of stealing it and then Davina found her ring. I get it, she just married a stranger, packed for what appeared to be a lifetime, how could she possibly remember where she put her wedding ring in all that mess? I did think it was strange that they both went to the gym to workout but I guess if you're not having sex, it is something to do to get to know each other. Interesting that Davina's gift for Sean had a lock and a key which was what he had given her prior to the wedding. Fate? I guess we'll see. He snores, was bullied as a kid, lives in Central Jersey (gasp!) and says the word "boo boos." She seems like a spoiled, high maintenance New Yorker. They do both have issues that seem to complement each other. Who knows. I already think Ryan and Jessica aren't going to make it. He got really harsh, really fast. Interesting that they did have sex on their wedding night though. I wouldn't have called that one especially after throwing the fake birds off the bed and ruining the rose petals, then calling his wife stupid when she couldn't figure out the door to the bathroom. His sense of humor could be a problem. Ryan and Jacklyn were actually getting along pretty well...for bro's! Could Jacklyn say she wasn't physically attracted to Ryan more? OMG she can be really annoying. When she ordered both of their dinners at the restaurant I thought, "and she wonders why she's been single for 7 years?" Not good, but I think they might end up okay. She likes him, as a drinking buddy so far, but we all know that sometimes too many drinks can help you drive out of the "friendzone" and into the "wifezone." 

THE OTHER STUFF

-Lots of big renewal news yesterday. House of Lies (Showtime), Bloodline (Netflx) , New Girl(FOX)  and The Americans (FX)  were all renewed for another Season. I'm happy about all of thes renewals, especially for Coach Taylor/Kyle Chandler and Bloodline. I really hope someone gets on the Bloodline bandwagon soon. I need to discuss this one, bad. The Netflix shows are great but not being able to discuss them stinks. My memory is terrible, I forget so much by the time people are ready to chat with me. Of course I still remember what happened at the end of Season 3 of House of Cards, but the it's a lot easier to blog one episode at a time.  

-Daytime Emmy Nominations came out yesterday. I guess all soaps get nominated, right? There are only 4 left, so I guess they all, by default get nominated: The Bold and the Beautiful, Days of our Lives, General Hospital and The Young and The Restless. I don't know what the criteria for the Outstanding New Approach Drama Series is but the nominees are: Anacostia, The Bay, Beacon Hill and East Los High. If these are all web series, how do they get categorized as DAYTIME when viewers can watch them any time? CBS This Morning, GMA, and The Today Show were nominated for Outstanding Morning Program (Does Sportscenter qualify cause that and the MLB Network are the only morning shows watched in my house.) Ellen, Kelly & Michael, The Talk & Wendy Williams were nominated for Outstanding Talk Show (Entertainment). Guess The View got dissed big time. With all the controversy, it's not shocking. 

Not sure how you feel about April Fools Day. I'm anti April TomFoolery…So is my guy, John Oliver. Take the pledge: http://www.thewrap.com/john-oliver-tells-viewers-to-stop-being-a-d-k-on-april-fools-day-video/

-Have you guys seen this commercial for United Healthcare? I must admit, I don't watch many commercials because in order for me to do a good job for all of you each day, I must DVR everything. However, this commercial is so good, that every time I see it, I stop and watch it.  Name the movie, the two characters names and that famous line. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9YiTIYO-2A

Wednesday's Trivia Question: The Wire and Friday Night Lights name the actor or actress that connects them both. 

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment