Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Still Catching Up



THE ANSWER TO MONDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Richard Dysart played Leland McKenzie of McKenzie/Brackman
FIRST FIVE:Dave DeSocio, Phyllis DiCesare, Monica Caraffa, Karen Feldman & Nancy Oboyski
HONORABLE MENTION:Adam Cohen

THE NUMBERS  

Friday's Broadcast Top 5
20/20-ABC 1.4/5.9
Blue Bloods-CBS 1.2/10.1
Last Man Standing-ABC 1.2/6.3
Hawaii Five-0-CBS 1.1/8.6
The Amazing Race-CBS 1.1/5.8

Friday's Cable Top 5
Family Guy-Adult Swim .9/2.1
American Dad-ESPN .7/2.9
Bering Sea Gold-Discovery .6/1.6
Bring It-Lifetime .6/1.4
Modern Family-USA .5/1.1

Friday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
Tonight Show-NBC 11,000 Tweets
12 Monkeys-Syfy 8,000 Tweets
Shark Tank-ABC 8,000 Tweets
Bellator MMA Live-Spike 6,000 Tweets
College Basketball Awards-ESPN2 4,000 Tweets

Sunday's Broadcast Top 5
60 Minutes-CBS 2.1/12.9
A.D. The Bible Continues-NBC 1.7/7.6
Once Upon a Time-ABC 1.6/5.0
Madam Secretary-CBS 1.5/11.8
Family Guy-FOX 1.5/3.0


Sunday's Cable Top 5
NA

Sunday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings
MTV Movie Awards-MTV 498,000 Tweets
Game of Thrones-HBO 265,000 Tweets
Keeping up with the Kardashians-E! 32,000 Tweets
Mad Men-AMC 26,000 Tweets
Veep-HBO 8,000 Tweets


Top 5 DVR'ed Cable Programs for the Week of 3/23/15-3/29/15
Walking Dead-AMC From a 8.2 to an 11.1 (+35%)
Better Call Saul-AMC From a 1.3 to a 2.9 (+123%)
Vikings-History From a .7 to a 1.7 (+143%)
Bates Motel-A&E From a .8 to a 1.6 (+100%)
Keeping Up With the Kardashians-E! From a 1.0 to a 1.8 (+8-%)

Top 5 DVR'ed Broadcast Programs for the Week of 3/23/15-3/29/15
Modern Family-ABC From a 2.8 to a 5.1 (+82%)
Grey's Anatomy-ABC From a 2.2 to a 3.8 (+73%)
Scandal-ABC From a 2.3 to a 3.9 (+70%)
Blacklist-NBC From a 1.6 to a 3.2 (+100%)
Criminal Minds-CBS From a 2.1 to a 3.6 (+71%)

-Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Reunion (part 2) delivered 2.9 million viewers (1.7 A1849) which was up 6% vs last years reunion. Bethenny may not do well in daytime, but she definitely does well in nighttime. The Real Housewives of NYC premiere delivered 2.2 million viewers (1.2 million A1849) which was up 22% THANK YOU BETHENNY

THE SHOWS

I didn't watch any new shows last night, I'm in MAJOR catch up mode since, as you know if you are a dedicated WWTM reader, I had no TV at all last week while I was away on vacation. I'm sure it's annoying for me to write about older shows, so I won't bother, but I have to make a comment about the show Louie. Did anyone see the premiere of Louis last week? It was the most bizarre show ever and DEFINITELY wasn't funny in any way. To be honest, I only watch Louis because my friend Brett, whose opinion I usually agree with and who I totally respect,  keeps telling me how funny it is. I think I have a pretty good sense of humor, in fact, I'm a great audience. I laugh pretty easily, just ask the people I work with, I laugh…a lot and most of what goes on at my office isn't even funny. I keep watching Louis, waiting for the funny, waiting for the genius,  and I have yet to laugh at anything in any episode I've seen and yet, I keep watching in bewilderment at the accolades bestowed on this guy. I  have no clue at all as to why everyone says he's a genius. I decided he's the male Lena Dunham and Louis is just like Girls. Louis's Uncomfortable to look at, completely overrated and SO NOT FUNNY and I will continue to watch Louis the same way I watched Girls, hating it but unable to turn it off. Please explain Brett, especially after last weeks premiere.  

THE OTHER STUFF

-Please FOX, PLEASE let WNYW here in NY be one of the test channels for Ice & Coco's daytime talk show. PLEASEEEEEEE. I was wondering where they've been and now they're going to try a talk show for 3 weeks? I NEEEEEEED TO SEEEE IT!!!! Whether it rocks or it's a train wreck I'm IN! Please let it be Channel 5 here in NYC! 

-Last night, the entire Avengers cast was on Jimmy Kimmel's show and played Family Feud. It's worth checking out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSYjs5RnlRo

-Pretty impressive list of celebs on deck for the last 28 episodes of Late Night with David Letterman. Of course I'm psyched about Howard Stern, George Clooney, Oprah, Julia Roberts, Don Rickles, Tina Fey and Jerry Seinfeld, but now with my Scientology obsession, it's John Travolta I'm most excited for. Dave's got nothing to lose at this point, maybe he'll go for it and ask John about the E Meter and when the last time he hung out with Shelley Miscavige was. 

-HBO renewed Veep for a 5th Season and Silicon Valley for a 3rd. I don't watch either but always think I should watch Veep. I need to add that to my To Do List. 

-The Bachelor guy, Chris Harrison, is taking on another show, this time, it's daytime game show,  Who Wants to Be a Millionaire. Maybe he can combine the two shows and  have the contestants answer dating questions and then give out roses. 

-Twitter's going after people who used their Periscope app to stream the Game of Thrones premiere on Sunday night. Guess not as many people want to pay $15.99 a month to see our friends in Westeros. Periscope's pretty cool. Joshua Malina from Scandal's evolved his social media genius over to Periscope and I've been a bit obsessed by it. Anyone else using this thing? 

Tuesday's Trivia Question: Name Julia Louis Dreyfus's 3 most recent TV characters names and shows. 

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment