Thursday, April 23, 2015

Survivor, The Goldbergs & Black-ish






THE ANSWER TO WEDNESDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: There are way too many programs that had the star of the shows name in the title to list and I probably should have specified primetime programs only. Totally didn't realize how many late night and daytime programs all have the stars names in them. Either way, not too many people submitted a list of shows, so those of you that did...thanks and good work! 
FIRST FIVES: Mike O'Dea, Karen Heniger, Chuck Chiocco, Larry Price & Monica Caraffa 
HONORABLE MENTION: Caryn Vitolo

THE NUMBERS 

Tuesdays Broadcast Top 5
The Voice-NBC 2.6/11.2
Chicago Fire-NBC 1.6/6.7
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D-ABC 1.6/4.4
Fresh off the Boat-ABC 1.5/5.0
Undateable-NBC 1.4/4.8

Tuesday's Cable Top 5
NBA Playoffs-TNT 1.7/3.7
NBA Playoffs-TNT 1.4/3.3
Deadliest Catch-Discovery .9/2.7
American Dad-Adult Swim .9/2.0
19 Kids and Counting-TLC .8/2.5

Tuesday's Twitter Top 5 Primetime Ratings 
The Voice-NBC 760,000 Tweets
The Flash-CW 37,000 Tweets
Inside Amy Schumer-Comedy Central-7,000 Tweets
19 Kids and Counting-TLC 4,000 Tweets
2015 Draft Academy-ESPN2 2,000 Tweets


THE SHOWS 
I had a High School transition meeting last night. Yes, my son will be a High School freshman in the Fall. The clock was ticking away while parents were asking all sorts of questions about GPA weighting, and their kids don't enter the building until September. Needless to say, I didn't get home til 9:30pm so of course I couldn't watch EVERYTHING that was on last night. UGH this parent stuff is tough on the TV!
Survivor
We knew the auction episode had to be soon. We're down to 9 players so it was coming soon. Finally the day arrived, but hardly anyone actually ate anything. Will bought himself out of the auction in the first round but when Jeff said to take his paper with him, I knew there was something waiting for him at camp. Food! I can't believe he shared it with everyone and they still didn't trust him. What was with Shirin voting against him getting his letter from home? The guy was willing to give up immunity for his letter and she could have had one less competitor but she chose to be a d**sh. Mike wasn't even going to take his letter and that really pissed people off so they put their letters back.  I can't believe Shirin is STILL there and Jen's gone. I liked Jen. We did learn a lot this week. Dan REALLY loves his wife, Shirin is a survivor of domestic abuse, and even if you are a surfer, you can hate everyone. Dan lucked out with the white rock (not that kind) and beat Mike and Mama C (HATE HER AND THAT NAME)  for a cool advantage in the game...2 votes at tribal council. Mike's playing a little bit too hard, and yet, I still like the guy. I still don't care at this point who wins. Tyler maybe? Not caring about the winner at this point doesn't make for a great season, but I'm still riveted each week. What continues to keep me quite perplexed is how Sierra's eyebrows are still in such a crazy formation at this point in the game. Doesn't she look like she could be an alien on Star Trek or something?
Goldbergs
I loveddddd The Princess Bride. So funny to see Robin Wright looking as un-Claire Underwoodlike as possible, right? Adam loved The Princess Bride so much he came up with quite the scam to get Murray to buy him some swords for his remake. Fencing! Of course Murray was on to him. He used Murray's love of sports and the awkwardness of their relationship to get what he wanted. It did work though didn't it, Murray ended up playing the giant in the movie which was hilarious. Wish Adam showed us the real film at the end, I would  have enjoyed that. Okay...I LOVE the word Yenta! I've always said that Bev was one and this episode was all about exploring her Yentabilities. She has a ton of um. The stories, the gossip and of course THE MATCHMAKING! You know that when a Yenta sees a match to be made, she MUST make it happen, but this time, she needed a little help from Erica her Yentlette in training. Their skills were on fire and Miss Cinnamon and Coach Miller will be together forever. Love me a good yenta. Did anyone catch the kids photos above Murray and Bev's bed. I can't find a screen shot  of it but trust me it's worth freezing the DVR to check them out.
Goldberg Trivia Question #1-Name the song Erica sang in the talent show
Goldberg Trivia Question #2-Name Adam's friend featured in this episode and in his rendition of The Princess Bride.
Blackish
Michael Rappaport sure isn't aging well is he? He looked super puffy in last nights episode of Black-ish. He was hiring Dre's agency to focus on the urban market for his BOXABLE product, but he thought Dre was too white for the job and wanted Charlie to lead the project. Dre was blown away by this accusation but think about it, the entire show is built on this premise, it's called BLACK-ISH for a reason! Every scene with Dre's co-workers is hilarious. I'll tell you what isn't hilarious...RAINBOW! OMG worst hairstyle/eye combo yet. With her hair pulled back like that it looked like she was suffering from male pattern baldness. How could the stylist let her go on set with that giant "U" exposed. My son says the word "nameen" all the time. At first, I thought it was the name of a person in his class until he explained that it meant "you know what I mean" but I thought it was a Tenafly thing, I had no idea that it was a real word and there it was in the show last night. I couldn't believe it! I literally paused the DVR to take that fact in for a second...nameen? LOL. There wasn't enough Lionel Richie Jr for me. I need as much of that kid as possible. There was some Laurence Fishburn...I had forgotten he was even a part of the show, he isn't on as much as I thought he'd be. Jack & Diane had a school project where they needed to be part of a live museum. Bow wanted to help but they told her she wasn't creative and she wasn't fun to work with. I'm betting those facts are true in real life too. Lionel Richie Jr. and Zoey helped the kids out and they ended up as Vanilla Ice and Sarah Palin. This didn't help make Dre's case for his blackness at all. Still...hilarious.

 
THE OTHER STUFF

-OF COURSE Lip Sync Battles has been renewed. I'm a bit nervous about another 20 episodes. Will Jimmy and John be able to get big celebs to do the work? Will they practice and study the lyrics of their favorite tunes to keep the magic fresh? I sure hope so. I hope they have a list of 40 more BIG STARS to keep it going. Tonight is Mike Tyson and Terry Crews...see things are going downhill already. Maybe not, we'll have to wait and see.  

-Big mistake USA...the kids LOVE Sirens! My son and all his friends are really into it. I think they're called "plurals" that's the next group after Millennials and when I told them Sirens was cancelled they were SHOCKED and saddened. Maybe VH1 or Comedy Central or ABC Family or any of the nets that SAY they're going younger will save this one. Young boys are a tough demo...just saying.

-Aziz Ansari's getting back to work. He (and everyone else it seems) just made a deal with Netflix for a new show. He'll be working with his buddy from Parks & Recreation, Mike Schur.

-I think I have a problem. I can't be losing my sense of humor, but between Louis CK and Amy Schumer's shows I just don't see the funny the way I used to. There's been so much hype about both of these comedians that I felt the need to jump on both of their bandwagons.After 2 Louis and 1 Amy I'm concerned that maybe it's me. Watch the first clip...tell me what you think. Funny? The second clip is better, but I don't know, I didn't laugh in a big way. More like a chuckle or a smirk. I need to know if it's me or not. Maybe it's also that she decided to mess with my all time favorite show ever...you decide.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM2RUVnTlvs
http://www.cc.com/video-clips/a30bcg/inside-amy-schumer-last-f--kable-day---uncensored

-I did think this was funny though. Mary Kate & Ashley's texts with Candice Cameron regarding the Full House reboot...of course it's a joke but I did laugh at this.
http://www.funnyordie.com/articles/be826e6cb3/candice-cameron-texts-the-olsen-twins-about-the-full-house-reboot

Thursday's Trivia Question:  Speaking of Mary Kate and Ashley and the Full House reboot...Michelle Tanner had a few catchphrases on Full House, name any of them.

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment