Thursday, May 28, 2015

Hate This Time of the Year! Just The Briefcase last night.






THE ANSWER TO WEDNESDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION:  Of course I was referring to Wayne & Garth from Wayne's World! PARTY ON! 
FIRST FIVES: Kelly Rogers. Elke Raskob, Mike O'Dea, Bob Kaplan, John Amy & Dave DeSocio
HONORABLE MENTION: Karen Feldman 

THE NUMBERS 

Sunday's Broadcast Top 5
Coca Cola 600-FOX 1.4/6.0
60 Minutes-CBS .7/6.1
Dateline-NBC .7/4.3
A.D. The Bible Continues-NBC .7/4.3
Undercover Boss-CBS .7/3.3
 
Sunday's Cable Top 5
NBA Playoffs-TNT 2.9/7.7
Game of Thrones-HBO 2.5/5.4
Silicon Valley-HBO .8/1.6
NBA Playoffs Pre-game -TNT .8/2.2
Keeping Up with the Kardashians-E! .8/1.8

Sunday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings
Game of Thrones-HBO 69,000 Tweets
Keeping Up With the Kardashians-E! 13,000 Tweets
Penny Dreadful-Showtime-4,000 Tweets
Rich Kids of Beverly Hills-E! 4,000 Tweets
Veep-HBO 2,000 Tweets

Monday's Broadcast Top 5
American Ninja Warrior-NBC 1.8/5.8
The Bachelorette-ABC 1.6/5.3
The Island-NBC 1.2/3.9
500 Questions-ABC 1.1/5.2
Mike & Molly-CBS 1.0/5.1

Monday's Cable Top 5 
NBA Playoffs-ESPN 3.4/8.2
WWE-USA 1.3/3.7
Street Outlaws-Discovery 1.1/2.5
Love and Hip Hop Live-VH1 .9/2.0
Teen Mom-MTV .9/1.5

Monday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings 
Love & Hip Hop-VH1 196,000 Tweets
WWE Monday Night Raw-USA 167,000 Tweets
The Bachelorette-ABC 70,000 Tweets
Texas Rising-History 19,000 Tweets
American Ninja Warrior-NBC 13,000 Tweets

Tuesdays Broadcast Top 5
America's Got Talent-NBC 2.6/10.9
I Can Do That-NBC 1.8/6.5
500 Questions-ABC 1.1/4.7
Hell's Kitchen-FOX 1.1/3.2
NCIS-CBS 1.0/8.4

Tuesday's Cable Top 5
NA

Tuesday's Twitter Top 5 Primetime Ratings 
Americas Got Talent-NBC 71,000 Tweets
At Midnight-Comedy Central 26,000 Tweets
Finding Carter-MTV 22,000 Tweets
I Can Do That-NBC 19,000 Tweets
Inside Amy Schumer-Comedy Central 10,000


THE SHOWS 
The Briefcase
Please tell me someone watched this show last night. I had nothing to watch at all, nada. I was jusssst about to choose a movie or a pilot and then decided to watch The Briefcase on CBS. I'm SO glad I did. This show is a thought provoking, emotional, tearjerker and a must see for kids. Two families in need each get a briefcase with $101,000 bucks in it. They can keep it all but of course it's not that simple. They have decisions to make.  Give all of it, some of it or none of it to the other family. Of course they don't know the other family and they don't know anything about them but within 72 hours they find out info about their lives, see each others homes and then finally meet to exchange briefcases. We see the stress the money and the decision inflicts on each couple and how they all deal with their own finances every day.  We also saw the different thought process each of the partners had about how much to keep and how much to give.  It was SO interesting to see the way it all played out. Last night, both couples decided to give away their entire briefcase so everyone walked away a winner, but it could go either way and it did numerous times before the final decisions were made. Of course you find yourself thinking, "What would I do?" "What would my husband/wife do?" You think it's an easy decision, but it's not. You think you know what your husband or wife would do, but you don't. I watched with my son and I'm so glad I did, some great lessons to be learned across the board. I'll remind you to watch this one next week. 

                               THE OTHER STUFF


-Netflix renewed Grace and Frankie. Nice to know that there's work for SOME women over 70. I SO wish Reed Hastings would share the Netflix numbers.  I really need to know them! Please Reed, just email me, I won't tell anyone, I promise! 

-Not much TV news yesterday at all...Ink Master was renewed for a 7th Season on Spike.  

The Houston Texans are going to be the featured NFL team on HBO. If you care at all, the show premieres on 8/11. 

Thursday's Trivia Question: 2 days left of partners, duo's and pairs...of course I couldn't let the week go by without dynamic duo question. Who played TV's Batman & Robin? 

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment