Wednesday, August 5, 2015

A Whole Bunch of NOTHING today!




THE ANSWER TO TUESDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: 
Show #1:Gloria, Jay, Phil, Claire, Mitchell & Cam
Show#2: Elyse, Steven,  Alex, Mallory & Jennifer
Answer? MODERN FAMILY TIES

FIRST FIVES: Bill McLaughlin, Karen Heniger, Alex Nagler, Candace Gorin & Andrew Werts
HONORABLE MENTION: Jim Carter

THE NUMBERS 

Sunday's Broadcast Top 5
Big Brother-BS 1.8/6.2
Bachelor in Paradise-ABC 1.1/3.5
60 Minutes-CBS .9/8.3
American Ninja Warrior-NBC .9/3.3
Save My Life-ABC

Sunday's Cable Top 5
Naked & Afraid-Discovery 1.1/2.7
Big Bang Theory-TBS 1.0/2.5
Family Guy-Adult Swim 1.0/2.2
True Detective-HBO 1.0/2.1
American Dad-Adult Swim .9/2.1

Sunday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings
Basketball Wives LA-VH1 55,000 Tweets
Big Brother-CBS 54,000 Tweets
Bachelor in Paradise-ABC 36,000 Tweets
True Detective-HBO 22,000 Tweets
I Am Cait-E! 15,000 Tweets

Monday's Broadcast Top 5
American Ninja Warrior-NBC 1.8/6.3
Running Wild with Bear Grylls-NBC 1.4/4.0
Bachelor in Paradise-ABC 1.3/4.7
2 Broke Girls-CBS 1.0/4.9
The Odd Couple-CBS .9/4.2

Monday's Cable Top 5 
Love & Hip Hop Atlanta-VH1 1.5/2.7
WWE-USA 1.3/3.6
Real Housewives of OC-Bravo .7/1.7
American Dad-Adult Swim .7/1.6
Major Crimes-TNT .7/4.5

Monday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings 
Teen Wolf-MTV 219,000 Tweets
WWE Monday Night Raw-USA 194,000 Tweets
Love & Hip Hop-VH1 116,000 Tweets
So You Think You Can Dance-FOX 63,000 Tweets
Bachelor in Paradise-ABC 27,000 Tweets

THE SHOWS

I was out last night, and didn't watch much of anything, now I have a bunch of stuff, to catch up on and I'm out tonight, too. Apologies…this week's already sucking big time. At least I came up with a fun trivia idea, that's one thing to keep ya coming back for the next few days. (Hopefully) 

THE OTHER STUFF

-Last night, James Corden got back in his SVU, this time with Demi Lovato in the co-pilot seat. It wasn't Car Karaoke but still a pretty funny Singing Telegram bit that included a new spin on the classic F, Marry, Kill game. James's version, Cruise, Marry, Shag. He's not into killing anyone I guess. Cute bit, check it out:  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeCy_TmuAxE

-Another big casting announcement for The Wiz Live. We know about Mary J. Blige, we know about Queen Latifah and now, for the Cowardly Lion…David Alan Grier. Another good choice, so far, NBC's 3 for 3. The big question…WHO WILL BE OUR DOROTHY? WHO???? Beyonce? Nicki Minaj? Rhianna? OMG how cool would it be if Rhianna was Dorothy. I'm sort of rooting for the girl who plays Zoey from Black-ish but she's not a HUGE name (and she's on another network.) I say to NBC, go big or go home and do your best to lock down Beyonce, Nicki or Rhianna. I'm sure it's just a few phone calls no big deal at all, right? 

-If you're a Community fan and feeling a little uneasy today not knowing if you're getting a 7th season or not. I don't have any answers for you either. Yesterday, Joel McHale was all over the Internet saying the show was over, but Yahoo hasn't officially cancelled it yet, so I'd say Joel's negotiating skills aren't the greatest.  

-This blog is NOT a gossip column, I don't talk about celebrity hook-ups and celebrity break-ups here, but last nights news was just too much to take. First Jen and Ben, then Blake and Miranda and Gavin and Gwen but now, the most shocking break-up of the year…Kermit & Miss Piggy have called it quits. What is going on in Hollywood when even a Pig and a Frog can't stay together forever? I'm just truly shocked and saddened by this news. Sure, they say they'll still pull together for the new show in the Fall, but you know there will be tension, you know things just won't feel the same. Of course I want them to be happy, of course I do, but this just truly devastated me. 

-Got some great submissions for my MISSING EMMY NOMINATIONS idea yesterday. I'm going to keep the Best Drama category open until tonight, so get your picks in. If you were out yesterday, or Monday, or didn't read the purple section, see below:

I wanted to put my own spin on The Emmy's this year. I'm planning on resurrecting my Emmy Pool, but I wanted to do something different too. Of course Entertainment Weekly had the same idea. Great minds, what can I say? Here's the deal: Submit the names of any Primetime Drama that in your opinion deserved an Emmy Nomination but didn't get one. I'm going to take all your submissions and have you guys vote on a winner . Of course I'll need some participation here. If I don't get enough entries, I'll bag the idea completely. Here are this years Emmy nominated dramas for reference. 
Better Call Saul
Downton Abbey
Game of Thrones
Homeland
House of Cards
Mad Men
Orange is the New Black

Wednesday's Trivia Question: You guys seem to be really into this theme, I'm going to try to keep it going until I leave for vacation. For anyone NOT paying attention or who has been on vacation the past couple of days, here's how this week works. I'm giving you the character names of two shows whose titles go together. Here's the example:
Show #1: Annalise Keating, Nate Lahey, Wes Gibbins, Connor Walsh &  Asher Millstone
Show #2: Jessica Fletcher
Answer: How to Get Away With Murder She Wrote...GET IT?
Okay Good...
Here's Wedneday's: 
Show #1: Kyle, Kim, Lisa, Lisa, Brandi & Yolanda
Show#2: Brandon, Dylan, Steve, Brenda, Kelly, Donna & David
Answer?

Bonus Trivia Question: What big event kicks off one year from tonight? 

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment