Monday, September 14, 2015

JETS WIN, Djokavic WINS, GIANTS ALMOST win and Vanessa from Big Brother is out of her mind




THE ANSWER TO FRIDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Gotta admit, you guys REALLY let me down. Thought for sure you'd know that the Brady kids went to Westdale High School. Fillmore was the JUNIOR high. Sort of tricky, but a true Brady Bunch fan would know that something SUDDENLY came up at Westdale High.

FIRST FIVES: Chuck Chiocco, Mike O'Dea, Kathy Connelly, Jim Carter & Dani Jackel
HONORABLE MENTION: Brett Blattman


THE NUMBERS 

Thursday's Broadcast Top 5
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. New England Patriots-NBC 10.3/27.4 (2nd most watched NFL Kickoff game ever!)
NFL Kickoff-NBC 4.0/12.5
Big Brother-CBS 2.0/6.0
Big Bang Theory-CBS 1.6/9.6
Mom-CBS 1.1/5.3

Thursday's Cable Top 5
Teen Mom-MTV 1.0/1.6
American Dad-Adult Swim .7/1.5
Project Runway-Lifetime .7/2.2
Big Bang Theory-TBS .7/1.7
Cleveland Show-Adult Swim .6/1.4

Thursday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
NA


Friday's Broadcast Top 5
Dateline-NBC 1.1/5.5
20/20-ABC .9/3.7
Shark Tank-ABC .7/2.7
Blue Bloods-CBS.5/2.0
Think it Up-NBC .5/2.0

Friday's Cable Top 5
NA

Friday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
Jimmy Fallon-NBC 19,000 Tweets
Z Nation-SYFY 13,000 Tweets
Colbert-CBS 9,000 Tweets
Girl Meets World-Disney 9,000 Tweets
Jimmy Kimmel-2,000 Tweets

THE SHOWS 

Whoa…what a Sunday. Thank goodness I got an ass whooping at Pilates before I plopped myself in my family room to cheer on my Jets, Roger Federer and even my husband's Giants. The tennis match was INTENSE! Congrats to Novak Djokovic on a well deserved win. Congrats to me…in the midst of all the sports, I actually did my best to squeeze in Big Brother, but I think I should rewatch it tonight when I get home. I was flipping back and forth so much, I think I might have missed something.


Big Brother 
  • That egg rainbow was a nightmare. Surprised to see how fast the house guests completed that challenge. 
  • I never thought about Steve as a leprechaun before, but he did look good in the suit and I could see him in Lucky Charms commercial, can't you?
  • Steve was pretty proud of himself with his EGGciting comment. It's the little things Steve.
  • So much for fighting for your sister, Liz, bag it and just go for the luxury prize. Make Austin do all the hard work. He's a sucka...he'd do it anyway.
  • Vanessa won HOH…of course she did! 
  • Paranoia will destroy yaaaa Vanessa. COME ON at this point, EVERYONE has deals. You can't hold it against anyone.
  • Steve came clean with Vanessa which was smart, I think.
  • At this point in the game all anyone should be thinking about how to win not who's lying or who's telling the truth. Forget that. THINK…HOW DO I WIN THIS? 
  • A super sparkly Frankie Grande's showed up to take Vanessa and Liz to hair and makeup and then to see his sister. I enjoy Arianna Grande, and I guess if I was locked up in a house for 89 days I'd be happy to go to her show, but I doubt very much that either of those two knew the words to Arianna's songs.
  • Both girls looked WAY better after the hair and makeup squad got through with them, especially Vanessa. See what happens when they remove the giant clown eye makeup?
  • A bit too much Arianna coverage. Let's get back to the GAME
  • Judas liked the "Dakota" Liz. I did too.
  • Austin needs a grammar lesson on the use of the word MYSELF…OMFG SO ANNOYING how he overuses it and overuses it incorrectly to boot.
  • So what I think I missed is Vanessa's reason for choosing Steve and Johnny Mac. Is she hoping that one of them wins the veto so she has no choice to put up Liz or Austin or does she really want Steve and Johnny Mac out?
THE OTHER STUFF 

Hoping they had some great food, top shelf alcohol and a great swag bag at the Creative Arts Emmy Awards to get the A-Lister's to show up over the weekend. There were soooo many awards given out, it must have taken all night long. While most of the awards were for technical stuff like editing and sound, there were some awards of interest to all of us TVholics.

-Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama-Reg E. Cathey in House of Cards (He's Freddy, the ribs guy)
-Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama-Margo Martindale in The Americans
-Outstanding Television Movie-Bessie
-Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series-Joan Cusack in Shameless
-Outstanding Commercial-#LikeaGirl-Always
-Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series-Bradley Whitford in Transparent (brilliant and well deserved)
-Outstanding Documentary Special-Going Clear (AWESOME!)
-Outstanding Documentary Series-The Jinx
-Outstanding Interactive Program-Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (So happy for John Oliver!)
-Outstanding Unstructured Reality Program-Deadliest Catch (Well deserved)
-Outstanding Structured Reality Program-Shark Tank
-Outstanding Host for a Reality Competition-Jane Lynch

GREAT Star Wars bit from Seth Meyers the other night...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJzutGCEr3g

If you missed Donald Trump on Fallon Friday...here ya go. What can I say, the guy IS great TV!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2DgwPG7mAA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43PSfXguXKM

-Not a lot of responses to my question about female Late Night hosts, but of the few that did come in: Samantha Bee, Amy Poehler, Tina Fey & Sarah Silverman 

Monday's Trivia Question: This week I will give you all the kids in a TV family but one will be missing. You'll have to name the missing kid. We'll start with the 70's today. 
The Show: GOOD TIMES
There were 3 kids in the Evans Family.
J.J. Thelma and…
Name the missing kid!


WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment