Thursday, January 21, 2016

Black-ISH & The Goldbergs

THE ANSWER TO WEDNESDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Miles Silverberg was the executive producer of FYI on Murphy Brown 
FIRST FIVES: Mike O'Dea, Neil Moffatt, Alex Nagler, Kathy Connelly & Phyllis DiCesare
HONORABLE MENTION: Brett Blattman

THE NUMBERS 
Tuesdays Broadcast Top 5
NCIS-CBS 2.4/17.3
NCIS: New Orleans-CBS 1.8/13.2
Chicago Fire-NBC 1.7/8.0
Chicago Med-NBC 1.6/7.0
The Flash-CW 1.3/3.4
 
Tuesday's Cable Top 5
NA

Tuesday's Twitter Top 5 Primetime Ratings
Pretty Little Liars-Freeform 138,000 Tweets
Teen Wolf-MTV 106,000 Tweets
Marvel's Agent Carter-ABC 58,000 Tweets
The Flash-CW 55,000 Tweets
Real Housewives of Beverly Hills-Bravo 14,000 Tweets 

Shareablee Social TV Ratings for the week of 1/11/16
Orange is the New Black
House of Cards
Making of a Murderer
Mozart in the Jungle
Arrested Development
Sense8
BoJack Horseman
Trailer Park Boys
Grace and Frankie
Transparent
      
Listen First Television Interest Ratings for the week of 1/12/16
Making of a Murderer
Sherlock
Supernatural
Golden Globe Awards
The Shannara Chronicles
Shadow Hunters
Game of Thrones
Mr. Robot
Arrow
Pretty Little Liars    

 
THE SHOWS 
The Goldbergs
Double Dare, Mark Summers, British Knights, Trapper Keeper's and Steak-Ums were definitely some throwbacks to my 80's world. I had no idea Double Dare was filmed in Philly. We used to watch that show all the time. Apparently Adam did too. I have no idea why he would think choosing Pops as his partner instead of his BFF would make perfect sense, but I'm not the writer of the show so insert shoulder shrug here. I do love how everyone, even Dave Kim, has to throw in something about Adam's horrible new voice. When my son's voice changed the weird transition voice only lasted a couple of weeks. Do we think the real kid who plays Adam is stuck with an awkward grown-up voice for good? That would suck to have AGV Syndrome, especially if you've chosen acting as your profession. While Adam was screwing up his big shot at Double Dare fame and fortune, Bev was learning everything she could about football so she could spend more time with Murray. Of course he didn't want her infiltrating his football time and finally told her, which TOTALLY pissed her off. So he scrapbooked to make amends and then they went back to their separate lives. Roll credits and name that song! 

Black-ish
Did we ever meet Rainbow's Mom before? Did we know she was Anna Devere Smith from Nurse Jackie and a million other things? I def didn't. Or if I did, I forgot.  Too funny to see her as a hippie living in a trailer. Does she know her daughter is really disturbing. The hairbun eye combo was screaming last night and if that wasn't enough she added a Ramones T-Shirt to the mix with no explanations. Money's always such an interesting topic isn't it? Dre keeps over 1000 bucks in his wallet? Who does that? What wallet is big enough to hold that much dough? Loved the kids stepping in and trying to save the day by day-trading. Loved that the accountants name was James Brown. The writers of this show continue to get better and better. So underrated.
 
THE OTHER STUFF
-Well, Matthew Perry may not be able to make the Friends reunion on the Jim Burrows NBC special, but Charlie Sheen and Jon Cryer will be together again for the big tribute.  When's the last time those two have seen each other? Ya think they text? "Did ya see that Dodger game?" "Dude, I've got tigers blood AND I'm HIV positive!" I mean texts from Charlie Sheen could keep me busy all day. Can't wait for this special!

The Nielsen Social Numbers that I capture above have always only included Twitter info, but Nielsen will be rolling Facebook info into their measurement pretty soon, so it looks like I'll be changing the title of that section. They're hoping to get Instagram in there next. It's about time Facebook info will finally be a part of the story. My friends and I talk about shows more there than anywhere else. It takes Nielsen a while, but we'll take the numbers anyway we an get them at this point. They really need to figure out a way to be able to change and adapt as quickly as the space is.

-If any of us had to take a 16% pay cut, we'd freak out a bit. I'm sure we'd get that resume ready, and make some major cutbacks. Viacom's CEO, Phillipe Dauman still brought home $36.9 million bucks last year so he probably doesn't have to start flying commercial and put the yacht up for sale just yet. I wouldn't worry too much about him, he still got a pretty juicy bonus but of course that was down a bit too from $20 mil to $14. Wahhhhh  

-I don't know about you, but I took Glenn Frey's death a bit tougher than usual. I guess because his music was truly woven into the soundtrack of my life. Anyway, apparently I wasn't the only one. Stephen Colbert also had a great story about how Glenn's music was the soundtrack to a big moment in his life. Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DaJGhJz7SY
 
-I'm trying to plot out my Saturday now that I'll probably be stuck inside all day with this snowstorm coming our way. I was hoping to have some Oscar nominated movies to watch but that's not looking good so, I may tune in to Freeform's "That's So Throwback" lineup. They've got Clueless, Ferris Bueller, Grease and High School Musical. I'm sure I'll check that out. I have to finish Angie Tribeca and then maybe I'll start Prison Break or Shameless. Any other suggestions?
Thursday's TOUGH Trivia Question: Tough Trivia Thursday: What was the name of Nancy & Elliot Weston's daughter on Thirty Something? 

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment