Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Live with Kelly & Fred, Price is Right, The Detour, Preacher & The Blindspot Finale

May 24 2016

Trivia Answer: What do Wiseguy, Criminal Minds, CSI, 24, Blindspot, Quantico & White Collar all have in common? All of the these are teams that work in some way for the FBI
First Three: Karen Feldman, Dani Jackel & Monica Caraffa



THE NUMBERS
Friday's Broadcast Top 5
Shark Tank-ABC 1.2/5.4
20/20-ABC 1.2/5.2
Grimm-NBC .9/4.1
Dateline-NBC .9/4.2
I Love Lucy Superstar Special-CBS .8/5.4

Friday's Cable Top 5
Big Bang Theory-TBS .7/2.0
NHL Conference Finals-NBC .6/1.5
Alaskan Bush People-Discovery .6/2.7
American Dad-Adult Swim .6/1.4
Rick & Morty-Adult Swim .5/1.2 

Friday's Social Media Top 5
Grimm-NBC 27,000 Tweets
WWE Raw-Syf 25,000 Tweets
The Originals-CW 18,000 Tweets
Bellator MMA Live-Spike 12,000 Tweets
Banshee-Cinemax 12,000 Tweets   

Sunday's Broadcast Top 5
Billboard Music Awards-ABC 3.1/9.6
America's Funniest Home Videos-ABC 1.2/5.4
Family Guy-FOX 1.2/2.6
The Simpsons-FOX 1.0/2.5
Bob's Burgers-FOX 1.0/2.1

 
Sunday's Cable Top 5
NA


Sunday's Social Media Top 5
Billboard Music Awards-ABC 1,767,000 Tweets
Game of Thrones-HBO 307,000 Tweets
WWE Extreme Rules-PPV 268,000 Tweets
Nuestra Belleza Latina-Univision 31,000 Tweets
Fear the Walking Dead-AMC 31,000 Tweets  

Live + 7 Ratings for the Week of 5/2/16-5/8/16
The Big Bang Theory- From a 3.0 to a 5.0 (+2.0)
Modern Family-From a 2.2 to a 4.1 (+1.9)
Empire-From a 3.6 to a 5.4 (+1.8)
Grey's Anatomy-From a 2.0 to a 3.5 (+1.5)
The Blacklist-From a 1.2 to a 2.6 (+1.4)   


THE SHOWS
Live with Kelly & FRED!!!
There's not much on in May and June after all the finales. I'm urging you guys to start DVR'ing Live with Kelly during the "audition" process. Last go around was so much fun and I think this time will be equally as enjoyable although, in my book, after yesterday, why even look anywhere else? Fred Savage KILLED. He was hilarious, honest, engaging and MUCH better with the celebs than Michael ever was. You gotta watch yesterday's host chat but even better than that was their interview with the new Bachelorette, Jojo. I'm worried that because Fred isn't multicultural or gay or single that he won't get the gig. He and Kelly are a lot alike. They're both married, they both seem to love their spouses, they both have 3 kids and they both apparently only have sex after a light meal. I'm sure my husband will hate that I'm telling you guys this but he was totally into Fred and watched the entire show with me last night. When I had to pause for my walk, he was sort of upset that he had to wait an hour to finish the show. I bet he can't wait to get home tonight to watch Fred's 2nd day.  Please watch with us http://livekelly.com/live/host-chat-archive/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCVy9cu--8c 

Price is Right-Survivor
SUCKED
Here's the thing...I don't like The Price is Right. I'd forgotten how ridiculous the show is. Sure I got excited when Jeff Probst opened the show and of course it was fun to see Joe, Boston Rob, Cirie and Rupert "come on down" but the screaming and jumping and hyper energy aren't at all how I want to see my Survivor buds behaving. That's not them...AT ALL! I need to see them outplaying, outwitting and outlasting on some island while washing that filthy buff for the millionth time in the ocean.I lasted maybe 10 minutes, couldn't take it and deleted tonight and tomorrow night's episodes from my DVR. You either like The Price is Right or you don't. Doesn't matter who shows up to guess the price of a firepit, a dishwasher or a brand new jeep. Sorry, I'm OUT!

The Detour
Next week's the finale, you guys gotta binge this one. You can do it in a few hours. It's hilarious. I don't want to spoil it for you but last night after all the insanity, we found out what was in the bag and it definitely wasn't at all what I expected. Get on this one guys. No idea how next season works but am putting my faith in Jason Jones and Samantha Bee to figure it out. This show is awesome and deserves your attention. 

Preacher
We started this one and haven't finished. It's crazy, super violent and super bloody and I don't think I even understand what's going on yet, but my husband is really into it. I wanted to check it out because I have a thing for the very British actor, Dominic Cooper. In this show, he is a very Southern preacher. His accent is mesmerizing. If you didn't know he was British, you would have no clue. I'm not kidding though, this thing is bloody. Really, really, bloody.


Blindspot Finale-SPOILER ALERTS
Not sure I'll be back for Season 2. Mayfair's dead, Oscar's dead, Jane Doe isn't Taylor Shaw and our FBI buds figured out Mayfair's clues, safe codes and passwords WAY TOO EASILY. Yes, Sullivan Stapleton and Jamie Alexander are super hot, we even got Jane in the shower last night, but now that Weller's messed up again from his father's death and doesn't trust Jane it'll take forever for him to get it together and fall for her. Now that Jane knows she's not Taylor and that some dude named Shepherd is the real problem, not Oscar or the FBI, it'll just all go on forever I'm pretty sure that the tattoo part sort of ended when Mayfair died but who knows. This genre was never really my thing. I got suckered in by the hot actors cause I'm just that superficial. Sorry guys...I think I'm out.

 
THE OTHER STUFF

-Okay...I'm betting by now all of you guys have seen the Chewbacca Mama, right? If not, here she is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X26FuAlnnWY  This video has been seen by 135 million people at this point. Last night, the Chewbacca Mama opened the James Corden Show and then sat on the couch with him. HILARIOUS and GOOD FOR HER!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQereoIxioI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT3MVRv0TT4 This chick got 135 million views. My sister's Howard Stern Cat has 9418 followers...what am I doing wrong? I gotta come up with a hook. Maybe I should get the Chewbacca Mom to hold the cats and flash the WWTM logo or something. People are nuts. 

-Last night on Fallon, he played True Confessions with JLaw and John Oliver. The bit's funny but JLaw handled her booger with such class and comfort which made the bit even that much better. Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40dnEuHWySU 

-One more bit from Late Night last night...Johnny Depp was funny enough on Kimmel. And to Jimmy's credit he brought up the Depp apology video and just went with it for the entire interview which was great, but it wasn't until Johnny surprised P!nk where we got the classic moment. Check it out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlogul7XwZg 

-The CW and Tribune came to an affiliation agreement yesterday. 12 of Tribune's currently affiliated CW stations around the country will continue to air CW programming. One interesting development in Chicago though, currently, WGN airs CW programming in Primetime. Not for much longer. FOX owned WPWR will take on CW Primetime programming in September and WGN will become a purely independent station. That's a pretty big deal.

-Not sure after reading the article if James Corden or CBS actually owns the Carpool Karaoke segment but CBS International is making the Car Karaoke format available to international broadcasters. I really feel like this could be a big mistake. Won't everyone run out of famous passengers at some point? Or maybe the idea is that anyone can be a passenger? Too much too soon if you ask me.   

Tuesday's Trivia Question: Lots of complaints at how hard my questions have become so lets go SUPER SIMPLE today...I've got Johnny Depp on the brain. Name the show he starred in as Detective Tom Hansen.


WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at tvnme
http://watchingwaytoomuch.com
kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment