Friday, July 29, 2016

Big Brother & Everybody Wants Some

7/29/16

Trivia Answer: Josh, Ruby, Mr. Stevens, Charlie, & Daphne are side characters and office mates on this current Primetime sitcom. Name the show.
First Fives: Mike O'Dea, Monica Caraffa, Eric Schwartz, Chuck Chiocco & Dani Jackel

Honorable Mention: Karen Feldman

THE NUMBERS

Wednesday's Broadcast Top 5
America's Got Talent-NBC 1.7/9.1
Big Brother-CBS 1.6/5.5
The Night Shift-NBC 1.1/5.9
Masterchef-FOX 1.0/3.3
Modern Family-ABC .9/3.0

Wednesday's Cable Top 5
Democratic Convention-CNN 1.5/5.9
Big Bang Theory-TBS .8/2.2
American Dad-Adult Swim .8/1.7
Democratic Convention-MSNBC .8/4.7
Greenleaf-OWN .6/1.7    

Wednesday's Social Media Top 5
Democratic Convention-All Nets 2,600,000 Tweets
Big Brother-CBS 41,000 Tweets
America's Got Talent-NBC 23,000 Tweets
Greenleaf-OWN 18,000 Tweets
Mr. Robot 17,000 Tweets 


THE SHOWS
Big Brother
  • Is Julie's moonlighting in an army kitchen? All she needed was a hairnet with that dress
  • The side pony was a mess
  • #butfirst
  • I am not a Bridgette fan, but she does have really nice hair
  • Michelle crying about Frank leaving was ridiculous especially 
  • Did anyone find it odd that on the day that either Bridgette or Frank are going to get evicted BB decides to tell the houseguests about the secret room? I've noticing those signs since week 1! 
  • Anyone out there play Escape the Room? The secret room hunt was pretty much exactly the same except the room was MUCH smaller than the BB house
  • Paul should have lied better when he got out of the Paris room. HORRIBLE job Paul
  • Why did Paul LEAVE the phone booth to tell everyone not to let Frank or Bridgette go in the phone booth...uhhhhh duhhhhh Paul!!!!
  • Did you catch Natalie dancing around while everyone was trying out phone numbers in the phone booth?  
  • Enjoyed the check in on the old BB contestants. Hayden looked horrible, I had forgotten about Meg and James, Jason's still living in his Mom's basement, broke and single and Mike Boogie's all botoxed out. 
  • Frank's eviction speech was a bit rude, but I would have expected nothing less from him. Why didn't Julie bring up the fact that the reason everyone turned on him was his sexual harasment issues?
  • Bridgette's eviction speech was super lame just like her. 
  • Cory's duck butt hair's horrible and getting worse every week. They should vote him out. He's a big pile of nothing
  • If there is a Mickey Mouse Club right now, Natalie should definitely join it. 
  • The Care Package thing is a direct ripoff from the Hunger Games, but I like it. We sent our vote for a Have Not Pass to Nicole. You can only win the Care Package once, so we'll send a better one to James. 
  • Thankfully, Frank did choose a 1 Way Ticket. Buh Bye Frank!

Everybody Wants Some
Before I watched BB last night, I noticed in my Amazon Prime that the movie Everybody Wants Some had been added. I'd been dying to see this one since I read about it. If you're a Richard Linklater fan, this is a must see. I've loved most of his movies and this one's really good too. It takes place in 1980 and follows a bunch of college baseball players the first few days before classes start. Parties, girls, pranks, practices, music. You might recognize Blake Jenner, Tyler Hoechlin and Wyatt Russell but the rest of the cast are complete unknowns. If you don't feel like going out tonight, I'd def recommend this one. 

THE OTHER STUFF

-On 8/1/81 MTV signed on and the world changed. A lot's happened in the world since then and on 8/1/16, VH1 Classic (not VH1), will become MTV Classic and guess what? It will be programmed with allll the old shows from the old MTV. The first hour of programming MTV ever aired will kick it all off on Monday. After that, we'll get old Total Request Live's some MTV Unplugged's, some Daria's, Beavis & Butt-Heads, Aeon Flux's, Run's House and Pimp My Ride. No word yet if there will be actual old videos too, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some of those too. 

-There isn't a day that goes by that we don't hear about or talk about Millennials. If it was a drinking game, I'd be drunk before I finished my breakfast in the morning. If they're so important and everyone's skewing everything younger, why are Bette Midler, Sammy Hagar and Joan Jett joining The Voice as mentors? Okay, Charlie Puth, makes sense but the average age of these 3 is 65, do you think that will pull Millennials in? It won't pull me in and I'm a Gen Xer! Odd choices guys. 

-Ballers was renewed for a 3rd Season on HBO and Flaked was renewed for a 2nd season on Netflix. I didn't love Ballers, anyone still watching that one? I'm not a huge Will Arnett fan, so I never even checked Flaked out. Should I?

-Lots of big quarterly earnings news this week but so far the only thing I sort of found interesting was during CBS's call Les revealed that CBS All Access and Showtime OTT have over 2 million subscribers. I'd like to see that broken down a bit. I'd have to think that Showtime's OTT is the bulk of that one but I could be wrong. I'm sure people will sign up for CBS All Access to see the new Star Trek show when it premieres but until then, can't imagine there are that many CBS All Access subs. 

Friday's Trivia Question: Morty, Newman, Susan, Estelle & Frank, Uncle Leo and Mr. Peterman are all side characters of this show. Name the show.
kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com 

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at tvnme
http://watchingwaytoomuch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment