Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Glee, Maria, Tori and the 10th Season of The Deadliest Catch





THE ANSWER TO TUESDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Phil Dunphy & Urkel…Modern Family Matters 
FIRST FIVES: Elke Raskob, Mike O'Dea, Lillian Doremus, Jeff Pellegrini & Justin Jones
HONORABLE MENTION: Kathy Connelly & Bob Kaplan

THE NUMBERS 
Sunday's Cable Top 5
Game of Thrones-HBO 3.5/6.5
NBA Playoffs 9p-TNT 1.9/4.0
Real Housewives of Atlanta-Bravo 1.8/4.1
NBA Playoffs 7p-TNT 1.6/3.9
Naked and Afraid-Discovery 1.0/2.3

Monday's Broadcast Top 5
The Voice-NBC 2.9/11.0
The Blacklist-NBC 2.8/11.1
Dancing with the Stars-ABC 2.1/7.0
2 Broke Girls-CBS 2.1/7.0
Mike & Molly-CBS 1.9/7.2

Monday's Cable Top 5 
NBA Playoffs-TNT 1.7/4.1
WWE Monday Night Raw-USA 1.5/4.3
Boondocks-Adult Swim 1.5/2.9
Basketball Wives-VH1 1.1/2.1
Black Ink Crew-VH1 1.0/1.9

Monday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings 
Boondocks-Adult Swim 360,000 Tweets
WWE Monday Night Raw-USA 189,000 Tweets
Basketball Wives LA-VH1 139,000 Tweets
The Voice-NBC 128,000 Tweets
Dancing with the Stars-ABC 51,000 Tweets 


THE SHOWS

Glee
I gotta give myself credit for hangin in there with this show. I'm not a Barbra Streisand fan, a Funny Girl fan or a Lea Michele fan and yet I can't bring myself to delete my season pass. I can't figure out the timing. Is it the following school year already? The gang graduated a few weeks ago and now Sue and Mr. Schu are back in school? WTF? I love Jane Lynch, but I just can't see her and Chris Parnell doin the wild thing anywhere, let alone all over Kurt and Rachel's apartment. Not buying it at all. Mr. Schu came in to town to see Rachel's opening night but THE second he got there he had to turn around and go right back to Lima for the birth of his son. I went to the OB/GYN every week when I was in the home stretch. He left without seeing that coming? Why do I find it so hard to believe that there's more than one flight a day to Lima? Of course Rachel killed and her reviews were amazing and all is right with the Gleeks.  I really need to just hit the button and delete the season pass. It's almost torture. 

Deadliest Catch Season 10 Premiere
I haven't watched Deadliest Catch in a few seasons. I think I needed time to mourn the loss of Captain Phil Harris and I didn't like seeing what was happening with his kids and the Cornelia Maria. This season, the gang was back and ready to fish but the government wasn't. They were in shutdown mode and not issuing any fishing permits. On the Northwestern, instead of Edgar biting the head off the frozen herring, Jake had to bite the head off a mushy microwaved one since he was back on board after checking out a different boat last season. Totally disgusting. Finally Obama got things moving again and the boats got out to the fishing grounds. I still hate it when the pots are empty or have very little crabs in them, but man when those pots are overflowing, it's amazing. Looking forward to the 10th season with the Hansons, the Hildenbrandts and all the other captains and their crews. 

True Tori
I've watched Tori Spelling since the first day of Beverly Hills 90210. I've always liked her and I've watched almost every project she's ever been in. While everything else in her life has been in the public eye, I wasn't sure why she wanted or needed to share the current state of marriage to Dean with all of us, but of course I watched. For the first time ever, I felt guilty watching a reality show. I felt SO bad for Tori and I admit, I felt bad for Dean even though I was pissed off for lying to Tori and all of us. Tori is home alone (it seems) trying to deal with 4 kids under the age of 6 while Dean is in treatment for alcohol addiction and I guess other stuff too. They both look terrible and if all that wasn't bad enough, it seemed like Tori was trying to grow out her bangs or something and for anyone who's been there, you know, it can be super stressful. Just watching Tori deal with a carsick child while the paparazzi kept shooting away and while Liam was freaking out about puke on his Ipad was enough for me to lose it. Of course, I admit, I'm going to keep watching. I'll always root for Tori and I think, as much as I hate to admit it, I'm rooting for Dean too. 


Chasing Maria Menounos
Maria's Party: 2 friends, quiet poolside afternoon, cocktails, dinner and smores by the fire. 
Keven's party: 100 people (most of them strangers), bikini clad girls, DJ spinning records, pool toys, Maria's Dad pouring cocktails down girls throats and Keven roof diving into the pool.
Who's party was more fun? Keven's of course, Maria saw it online, and booked it back home to join in on the festivities. Simple and fun and just what I needed. 

THE OTHER STUFF

-I never got around to discussing Jimmy Kimmel's show from after the Scandal finale last week. It was a bit overrated, but still worth checking out when they re-run it. The interview with Shonda Rhimes, Scott Foley and all of the replays of Escandelo were good but the last section was a regurgation of the casts appearances on Jimmy's show. Good yes, great…not really, but if you're jonesin for some Scandal it'll def fill the void.

-The Discovery Channel is still going to give me some Everest. Not the jump I was hoping for but they're going to use the footage they did get and put a documentary special together. That'll tide me over for now. Thanks Discovery! 

Wednesday's Trivia Question: TV MashUP Day 3- Gene Rayburn and Peter Dinklage

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment