Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Last Night I Actually MET Don Rickles!





THE ANSWER TO TUESDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Reece, Dewey & Malcolm's Mom was Lois!
FIRST FIVES: Mike O'Dea, Elke Raskob, John Romeo, Jeff Pellegrini & Brett Blattman
HONORABLE MENTION:Priscilla Paez

THE NUMBERS 

Sunday's Cable Top 5
Game of Thrones-HBO 3.9/7.1
Real Housewives of Atlanta-Bravo 2.2/4.1
Watch What Happens Live-Bravo 1.7/3.9
Married to Medicine-Bravo 1.0/2.3
Silicon Valley-HBO 1.0/1.8

Monday's Broadcast Top 5
The Voice-NBC 3.0/10.7
The Blacklist-NBC 2.7/10.6
24-FOX 2.5/7.9
2 Broke Girls-CBS 1.9/6.4
Dancing with the Stars-ABC 1.8/12.7

Monday's Cable Top 5
NBA Playoffs 9:42p-TNT 2.3/5.4
Love & Hip Hop Atlanta-VH1 1.9/3.7
WWE-USA 1.5/4.4
NBA Playoffs7p-TNT 1.5/3.6
T.I. and Tiny-VH1 1.4/2.7

Monday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings 
Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta- VH1 1,665,000 Tweets
The Voice-NBC 210,000 Tweets
WWE Monday Night Raw-USA 148,000 Tweets
24-FOX 144,000 Tweets
Dancing with the Stars-ABC 78,000 Tweets


THE SHOWS

One Night Only: Spike TV Honors Don Rickles
I'm truly one of the luckiest people I know. Don Rickles turns 88 on Thursday and last night I was there to see the biggest comedians celebrate his birthday with him. Let me set the stage a bit. It was a black tie type deal, so I took off the leggings and boots and threw on the little black dress and some strappy heels. Broke out the clutch and shawl (pashmina whatever you call it these days) and headed up to the Apollo Theatre in NYC. It also happened to be my husbands birthday so my awesome Viacom friends let my husband in on the action. I'd never been to the Apollo before. Walking in I could feel the history and was a bit overwhelmed just being in the building. I got to touch the famous Tree of Hope and even stood on the stage long enough for this photo to be taken. It's much smaller than you'd think and as all the celebs took there seats and mingled I was right in on all the action. I breathed the same air as Johnny Depp, Harvey Weinstein, and Martin Scorsese. I high fived Tracy Morgan, begged Nathan Lane for some Good Wife secrets and then took my seat. Jerry Seinfeld opened the show and paid tribute to Don and his 55 year career. Jon Stewart, Robert DeNiro, Brian Williams, Amy Poehler and Tina Fey joined Jerry and then David Letterman introduced the man of the hour. Don was pretty tame and sentimental and the show was over. It didn't end there for us though. We were all decked out on a school night so we figured we'd hit the after party. We were there for about 30 minutes. I saw Nathan Lane again, John McEnroe showed up and then…who walked in and sat down right in front of me…Don Rickles!  I walked right over to him and wished him a Happy Birthday, told him it was an honor and a privilege to be celebrating it with him and thanked him for all the laughs over the years. He smiled and very sweetly said "Thanks baby" I told him to enjoy his night and left him alone. My husband also had a minute with him and then we jumped in our car and headed back to NJ. So much fun!  I can't wait to watch it. I'll remind you all again to watch it on the 28th. 

THE OTHER STUFF

-Jimmy Kimmel's good through 2017. He's doing a great job so ABC locked him in for another coupla years. Good move ABC. Now I guess he'll be working the upfronts next week!

-10 years ago yesterday was the last episode of Friends. Can you believe it's been 10 years? 

Wednesday's Trivia QuestionTo honor all the Mom's out there, this week I've been naming the kids and you guys are naming the awesome Mom.  KIDS: Bud & Kelly  

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment