Thursday, May 8, 2014

First Don Rickles and then a School Meeting…this week sucks






THE ANSWER TO WEDNESDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Peg Bundy was Kelly and Bud's Mom
FIRST FIVES: Ed Ziskind, Elke Raskob, Mike O'Dea, Brett Blattman & Vanessa Benfield
HONORABLE MENTION: Christine Clarke

THE NUMBERS 


Tuesdays Broadcast Top 5
The Voice-NBC 2.4/10.4
NCIS-CBS 2.3/15.6
NCIS LA-CBS 2.2/14.0
Chicago FIre-NBC 1.9/7.0
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 1.8/5.0

Tuesday's Cable Top 5
NBA Playoffs 9:27p-TNT 2.0/4.8
NBA Playoffs 7p-TNT 1.8/4.4
The Big Bang Theory-TBS 1.2/2.8
Deadliest Catch-Discovery 1.0/2.7
American Dad-Adult Swim 1.0/2.1

Tuesday's Twitter Top 5 Primetime Ratings 
The Voice-NBC 1,547,000 Tweets
Glee-FOX 50,000 Tweets
Awkward-MTV 36,000 Tweets
The Mindy Project-FOX 27,000 Tweets
Fargo-FX 8,000 Tweets
THE SHOWS 


This week's been tough in general for me. Lots going on keeping me from my normal viewing behavior. Sure partying with Don Rickles was forgivable, but last night was a meeting at school and that threw the schedule off yet again. My apologies to you all that I'm so far behind. I can't even believe I haven't seen The Goldbergs yet. My husband had to work late and it's one of the only shows we watch together so tonight's the night for that! Look…they can't all be winners, and next week is Upfront Week, so it could be another week before I'm truly back on track but stick with me…I'll get there again soon. I promise 

Survivor
Do you like anyone who's left on the tribe? I honestly think I don't. I'd really like to see Spencer win, but Tony's a GOOD, albeit annoying, player. Kass is smart but last night she definitely pissed me and everyone else off with her delusional hearing problem. Who knew Woo was so talented and funny? Who knew Woo even had a personality? The community service thing was cute and a bit of a break for us all, but then it was back to the game and back to the annoyingness of Tony and Kass. I thought maybe there was hope, but he didn't even have to use his special Idol which means he has one week left and that's it. Which also means he's in the final 4. The question is will Spencer be there with him? 

Modern Family
Something's off with this show and I can't put my finger on it. I just don't laugh out loud much anymore when I watch it. The storylines were good last night. The answering machine prank, the pickle/blood sausage/Stella belly thing and even the comic book/Wyatt Earp belt buckle thing was cute...in theory. I sort of liked it that Jay admitted to being confused and uncomfortable with Mitch and Cam's wedding. I sort of liked the entire episode but sort of may not be enough.  What  was there before that isn't there now? Something's missing right? 

Suburgatory
Is anyone else finding Tessa's narration of the show becoming more and more like Carrie's from Sex and the City? Last night for a second…I thought it was Sarah Jessica Parker narrating. Weird right? I have to admit, I'm pretty surprised that the Lisa/Malik wedding actually happened. I thought for sure someone would come to their senses, when Dhalia stopped the wedding it was only to find her glasses, not to end the ceremony. Lisa and Malik are now married high school seniors. Interesting development. Does anyone remember how gross Lisa used to be on Weeds? I don't know who she hired, what workout routine she followed, or the hair stylist she found but she's really cute now. I loved her fantasy Khaleesi wedding idea. Who's more annoying Miles from Suburgatory or Lily from Modern Family? Did you happen to notice Jeremy Sisto's arms? I guess I'm always so obsessed with the hair on his head and his forehead that I never noticed the deluxe arm hair he seemed to be sporting last night. I still think of him as Elton from Clueless and still think he's hot, but I'd have to have him meet Elizabeth the waxer if he were my guy. Not enough Dallas in general for me, but when she and her boobs came out of the bushes at the wedding, George and I were both happy to see her. Hoping that kiss was more than just a wedding hook up, I need them back together. 

THE OTHER STUFF


-I don't think any of us had any doubts that NBC would continue to be the exclusive home of the Olympics for the rest of time did we? It may not be forever, but the officially have them locked up through 2032, congrats NBC.

-HBO renewed Vice for 2 more seasons. I should probably watch that show more often than I do. It's really good, but it goes against my genre rules in general. 

-FOX officially cancelled Dads, Enlisted and the Chris Meloni show, Surviving Jack. I don't know why this was even announced, pretty sure we all knew on our own, but with Upfront Week looming all sorts of cancellation news is coming out early.  

-You know I love anything to do with binge viewing and this WE tv idea's pretty interesting. Fans will vote for their fave Law & Orders and then every Tuesday night starting 5/20 a chunk of fan fave eps will run to make binging even more enjoyable. Good idea actually. 


Thursday's Trivia Question: To honor all the awesome Mom's out there, this week I've been giving you the kids names and you've been giving me the name of their awesome Mom: Today's kids: Silas, Shane & Stevie

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment