Friday, June 27, 2014

BIG BROTHER's PREMIERE CONTINUES!





THE ANSWER TO THURSDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Okay so I gave you guys the answer to the trivia question in yesterday's blog on purpose. It did help increase response rates a bit.  Julie Chen's husband is of course my favorite network executive...Les Moonves!
FIRST FIVES:  Mike O'Dea, Elke Raskob, Crystal Kyler, Mitch Klein & John Amy
HONORABLE MENTION: Caryn Vitolo



THE NUMBERS 

Wednesday's Broadcast Top 5
Big Brother-CBS 2.3/6.6
So You Think You Can Dance-FOX 1.4/4.3
America's Got Talent-NBC 1.3/6.2
Criminal Minds-CBS 1.3/6.1
Modern Family-ABC 1.2/4.0

Wednesday's Cable Top 5
The Big Bang Theory-TBS 1.2/3.0
Duck Dynasty-A&E 1.2/3.4
American Dad-Adult Swim .9/2.0
Catfish-MTV .9/1.5
Law & Order SVU .8/2.4

Wednesday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings
Big Brother-CBS 137,000 Tweets
Catfish-MTV 73,000 Tweets
At Midnight-Comedy Central 62,000 Tweets
So You Think You Can Dance-FOX 27,000 Tweets
Guy Code-MTV2 12,000 Tweets

Late Night Ratings for the week of 6/16/14-6/20/14
Fallon 1.1/3.6
Kimmel .5/2.2
Meyers .5/1.4
Letterman .4/2.2
Colbert .4/1.1
The Daily Show .4/1.3
Conan  .4/.9
Nightline .3/1.4
Ferguson .3/1.2
Carson .3/.7

Early Morning Ratings for the week of 6/16/14-6/20/14
GMA 1.5/1.7
Today Show 1.4/1.6
CBS This AM .7/.6

THE SHOWS

Big Brother
When I saw Julie Chen's dress last night, I just had to laugh. Do you think it goes something like this over at the Moonves/Chen estate?:
"Lessssss, I need to get a bunch of new outfits for Big Bro 16"
"Really Jules? You don't have anything in that enormous closet I built for you that you can wear on the show?"
"I'm sure I can find something babes, but I reallllly want some new outfits" 
"Jules, there's stuff in there that still has tags on them. Wear those dresses and first and then we'll talk about it"
"But Lessssss, you made 65 million dollars this year, just a couple of things…please"

The result, that long coral maxi dress that Julie could have hidden a baby bump in annnnd last night's super bizarre magenta dress that she never had time to get tailored. 

And now…back to the show and back to bullet points because you know I love BBBP's
  • Caleb's the metrosexual country boy with the hoodie and the mega muscles is officially my BB crush of the Summer
  • Did you see the way Cody was looking at Brittany, the divorced Mom with 3 kids now THAT would be quite the showmance 
  • I just knew that 21 Jump Streeter Derrick would lie about his job
  • I can't stand Jocasta the bisexual minister's bowtie. Andy Cohen would have us drinking everytime she mentioned Jesus or God and we'd be wasted by the first HOH challenge.  
  • I think Hayden the petty cabdriver could win this entire thing
  • Has Zachary the person with no friends ever seen this show? You need to play a social game. He won't last. 
  • Did they ever say just how long were the first 8 houseguests were in the house before the 2nd 8 came in?
  • Victoria thinks she's the hottest one in the house. Remember Jessie from last season? She had the same delusions. 
  • I kinda like Christine the barrista 
  • The more I see Donny, the more obsessed I am with that beard and how odddd looking  he is. Now we learned that he can make cricket and bug sounds to boot. 
  • 2nd HOH this week is my Summer Big Brother Boyfriend, Caleb
  • I enjoy the word tushy
  • I think I'm going to enjoy this battle of the block. It isn't at all what I thought it would be. The 4 nominees battle each other. 2 stay on the block and 2 come down BUT  their victory puts the HOH who nominated them back in to the pool now that is NUTS!!!
  • Joey is the first member of my Team America Alliance. I didn't vote for her but I'm okay with it. 
Mystery Girls
In support of my 90201'ers I had to check out Mystery Girls on ABC Family. I won't be watching it again, and that makes me sad. There are some good things. Not many but a few. Jennie Garth looks good and can actually act. The guy that plays her husband is very cute and I enjoy a good organizing system which they have in their office. Hmmmm that's pretty much all the good I could find. Soooo sorry Tori, but your character is brutal, Nick the gay assistant or whatever he is, is super annoying, the laugh track is way too loud and overused and not that it bothered me but in 30 minutes, on an ABC Family there was a sex tape, discussion about "faking it" a sex change, moaning and camel toe. REALLY? Who wrote this thing? I did notice that Michael Lembeck directed this episode. Bonus points if you know the CBS Sitcom he starred in from 1979-1984. 

Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee
This episode of CiCGC was sooooo different than last week's episode. Of course the Sarah Jessica Parker episode was probably my all time favorite, so it would be really hard to top that one. I loved this week's car, I love all things Vegas and I love the backstage stuff. Comedians have SUCH a different lifestyle than the rest of the world. They really DO have a lot of time on their hands don't they? Anyway, Jerry and George Wallace have been friends for 38 years. (I wonder if that's how he chose the name George for his buddy on Seinfeld) Bonus if you caught George Wallace's first name. I don't know much about George Wallace at all. Seems like a good guy, a fun guy and the guy that will embarrass you at the diner. Jerry and George ran in to another comedian gambling. I don't think he said a word during  the entire episode did he? Give me his name for extra bonus points. 
http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/george-wallace-two-polish-airline-pilots

The Other Stuff


-Looks like The View is going to look very different next season. No Barbara Walters, no Sheri Shepherd and no Jenny McCarthy. My opinion...let the ladies of The Talk take over. Do we need 2 of the same exact show? Could you imagine Les at next years upfronts talking about how his wife's is #1 in daytime. I have Les and Julie on the brain this week. Hope you all don't mind.  

Friday's EASY Trivia Question: Who plays Frank Underwood on the Netflix show, House of Cards? 

Have a great weekend!

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment