Monday, June 30, 2014

Who Wants To See My HOH Room? Big Brother and the Nurse Jackie Finale…a good Sunday.




THE ANSWER TO FRIDAY'S EASY TRIVIA QUESTION: Kevin Spacey plays Frank Underwood in House of Cards.

FIRST FIVES: Mike O'Dea, Ed Ziskind, Bob Kaplan, Brian Gould & Lou Rossi
HONORABLE MENTION: Karen Feldman
Bonus Trivia Question #1 George Wallace's first name is Henry
Bonus Trivia Question #2 The other comedian they ran into was Mario Joyner
Bonus Trivia Question #3 Michael Lembeck played Max on One Day at a Time

THE NUMBERS 

Thursday's Broadcast Top 5
Big Brother-CBS 2.3/6.5
The Big Bang Theory-CBS 1.7/7.9
Hell's Kitchen-FOX 1.7/4.8
The Millers-CBS 1.2/5.5
Last Comic Standing-NBC 1.0/3.1

Thursday's Cable Top 5
NBA Draft-ESPN 1.5/3.4
Big Bang Theory-TBS 1.1/2.5
American Dad-Adult Swim .9/2.0
Pawn Stars-History .8/3.4
FX Prime Movie-FX .7/1.6

Thursday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
Big Brother-CBS 89,000 Tweets
At Midnight-Comedy Central 48,000 Tweets
Loiter Squad-Adult Swim 17,000 Tweets
Logo TV Trailblazers 2014-Logo 7,000 Tweets
Hell's Kitchen-FOX 5,000 Tweets

Friday's Broadcast Top 5
What Would You Do?-ABC 1.2/4.4
20/20-ABC 1.3/6.2
Shark Tank-ABC 1.1/4.7
Blue Bloods-CBS .7/6.3
Hawaii Five-0 CBS .6/.5

Friday's Cable Top 5
NA

Friday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
Girl Meets World-Disney 77,000 Tweets
WWE Friday Night Smackdown-Syfy 33,000 Tweets
The Legend of Korra-Nickelodeon 17,000 Tweets
Funniest Wins-TBS 2,000 Tweets
Fashion Police-E! 1,000 Tweets

-Even I watched the premiere of Girl Meets World. Don't get me wrong, it was the last night before my son left for camp, so I didn't watch it on Friday night when it debuted, but Saturday morning before we left for the bus, I watched Cory and Topanga and their kids on the Disney Channel. 5.2 million people tuned in on Friday night though. 2.3 million were kids 2-11 and 1.7 million were tweens which means that there were still a lot of nostalgic adults checking it out too. Will I watch it again?  Probably not. It's exactly what you'd think it would be. That TGIF cheesy fun. Not sure how it's possible for Cory and Topanga to live in a NYC brownstone on a teachers salary. While it does appear that Topanga works, we're not sure what she does to determine if she is in fact the breadwinner of the family. Also, I doubt very much that teachers who have kids in the school they teach in, are allowed to teach their own children, but I'll let all that go and just say that Girl Meets World is perfect for your kids to watch if their around. The girls are cute, the boys are cute and of course there's that obligatory lesson learned moment a the end of each episode.

THE SHOWS 
Big Brother Bullets
  • "Who wants to see my HOH room???" The first time is fine, after that, we all don't really WANT to see it…we HAVE to see it.  Now there are 2 parts of it to see, one for each HOH
  • I love Nicole and Christine and their big nerd glasses and their love of Walmart and pasta
  • I REALLY enjoyed Caleb and Frankie together. I especially enjoyed Caleb's amazing arms. 
  • Zac and Cody…wasn't that a show on Disney Channel? 
  • I thought I'd hate Frankie, but I love him. 
  • What was the name of the guys alliance that got bleeped? 
  • Add BombSquad to the list of alliances that have already gone by the wayside
  • ZackAttack? Really?  
  • The only alliance that Jacosta has is with God…I don't think that's going to help her with the votes though
  • Devin is OUT of his mind. What part of an ALL GUYS alliance did he not understand? Does even know what an alliance is? Why throw Donny under the bus? Why wake my beautiful Caleb up out of a sound sleep at 4:30am to tell him how stupid you are? Devin SO has to go!!!
  • Total tear count for this episode-4 Brittany, Victoria, Caleb and Devin (even though his were fake, I'm counting them)
  • What was up with the eggs to decide who nominates first? Eggs? 
  • Big Brother's gone digitalllll…all new key case. I'm actually going to miss the houseguests schlepping that giant, heavy circular thing. I hope they put it up on Ebay or something. 
  • No more "you are safe?" Awww that's just wrong! Turn the key and the nominated houseguest shows up on a screen.  Everything's just gotta be on a screen now.
  • Caleb nominated Pow Pow (YEAH!) & Donny (BOO) because they were the first to fall in the challenge. I guess that's fair.
  • Frankie took the same strategy and nominated Brittany (BOO) & Victoria (YEAH) because THEY were the first to fall in their competition 
  • The bird houses and the tweeting doorbell annoy me, but that's probably because I hate birds. 
  • That was quite the set for Battle of the Block wasn't it.  I need to know how long it takes to set it up and take it down. Anyone at CBS know the answer? 
  • How do people not know how to swing on a swing?
  • So Victoria and Brittany are no longer on the block AND Frankie is no longer HOH. I think I got it. Man that hour flew by. Wednesday can't get here fast enough.  

Nurse Jackie
I didn't realize that last night's episode of Nurse Jackie was the finale until the credits ran. It WAS a great episode and a great finale. WOW! After Jackie got thrown out of her ex's wedding she went straight to Eddie's for a booty call with no questions asked. I love Eddie but man he's an idiot. I guess love does that to some people. Zoey went to Akalidus and told her that she thought that Jackie was using again. Akalidus gave Jackie an ultimatum, go to rehab or lose your license. Jackie went to Eddie gave him her dog (what's its name for bonus points) and then tried to see her kids. No go on the kids, Mia's money bag was missing and the kids want nothing to do to her. So off to JFK she went with a suitcase full of pills. After stopping to help a person in need, Jackie herself ended up in an accident and then…bum bum bum…arrested. Roll credits. Rock bottom? I sure hope so. Yeah Zoey! She's my hero. 
THE OTHER STUFF 

-I got sort of excited when I read that the Esquire network was going to broadcast the Running of the Bulls in Pamplona as their first live event ever until I saw that with the time difference, it would take place at 2am each night for a week. No offense Esquire people, but what's the point of THAT?  Who's up at 2am to watch live? I'm going to DVR that sucker, skip the commercials like everyone else will. Probably wouldn't market that as the networks first big live event since there won't be ANYONE watching it live. Odd...I find that entire thing just plain odd?

Monday's Seinfeld Trivia Question: Since today is technically still June and June is still Easy trivia question month, the first Seinfeld 25th Anniversary Trivia Question will be an easy one. Here goes: What baseball team did George Costanza work for?  They're going to get harder...I promise. 


WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment