Monday, June 9, 2014

Orange is the New Black is BACK! Jon Snow Kicked Some Butt and Jackie is still Popping Pills





THE ANSWER TO FRIDAY'S Ridiculously Easy TRIVIA QUESTION: Carmela was Tony Sopranos wife on The Sopranos
FIRST FIVES: Mike O'Dea, Bobby Aguilera, Karen Feldman, Brian Gould & Bob Kaplan
HONORABLE MENTION: Rachel Snyder

THE NUMBERS 

Thursday's Broadcast Top 5
NBA Finals-ABC 6.0/14.8
The Big Bang Theory-CBS 2.0/8.7
NBA Countdown-ABC 2.0/5.5
Hell's Kitchen-FOX 1.7/4.7
Last Comic Stranding-NBC 1.4/4.3

Thursday's Cable Top 5
The Big Bang Theory-TBS .9/2.6
American Dad-Adult Swim .9/2.1
Pawn Stars-History .8/3.4
American Restoration-History .7/2.5
Challenge: Free Agents 

Thursday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
Loiter Squad-Adult Swim 34,000 Tweets
At Midnight-Comedy Central 18,000 Tweets
Party Down South-CMT 13,000 Tweets
The Colbert Report-Comedy Central 6,000 Tweets
Jimmy Kimmel Live-ABC 5,000 Tweets

Friday's Broadcast Top 5
20/20-ABC 1.5/6.0
Dateline-NBC 1.3/6.0
What Would You Do?-ABC 1.3/4.3
Shark Tank-ABC 1.1/4.3
Brian Williams Reporting-NBC .9/5.7

Friday's Cable Top 5
NA

Friday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
WWE Friday NIght Smackdown-Syfy 35,000 Tweets
Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon-10,000 Tweets
Dateline NBC-3,000 Tweets
Brian Williams-NBC 2,000 Tweets
Say Yes to the Dress-TLC 2,000 Tweets

-I normally I don't cover sports but I'm finding all of these numbers so interesting. We had the NBA Playoffs, Stanley Cup Playoffs and a horse running for the Triple Crown this weekend. Who'd have thought that it would be the 2nd highest rated Belmont Stakes ever? 20.6 million viewers tuned in to see if California Chrome would be the first Triple Crown Winner in 36 years. Name the last horse to win the Triple Crown for some bonus points.

-Game 2 of the Stanley Cup on Saturday night was seen by 6.4 million people which was the best Game 2 on record. 

THE SHOWS 

Orphan Black
Didn't see Tony's arrival coming…not in a long shot! Cosima better not die! Has Sarah changed her clothes ever? Love Felix. He has the funniest lines in the show. "Holy Tilda Swinton!" had me rolling. I know only a handful of you watch, but all of you should be. Too good not to. A good show to catch up on this Summer. 

Orange is the New Black
I don't even know what to do here. I had a really busy weekend and still…I watched 9 of the 13 episodes of Season 2. LOVING IT! The first episode of the new season freaked me out. I don't want to say why because with these Netflix shows, we're all viewing at different rates and I don't want to ruin anyone's experience. Sooo for anyone who isn't watching…PLEASE WATCH!  For anyone who is and wants to discuss…send me a note! I'm dying to chat about it. 

Game of Thrones
Wildings, mammoths and giants OH MY. The battle at Castle Rock was bloody. Bloodier than all the other battles we've seen on this show so far. I had a feeling that Jon Snow and his red haired lady would be reunited and I had a feeling one of them WOULD die, just didn't know which one. Selfishly, I'm glad it wasn't my boy, JS, but now he's left the castle and who knows what's gonna happen to him. I'm also happy Sam grew a pair during the battle and lived. Not sure Gilley's worth living for though. If I had to listen to her nagging and that voice, I'd leave the castle and take my chances with Snow. I don't know who directed last nights episode but it was shot really well and was apparently the most expensive GOT episode to date. It showed. Finale next week! 

Nurse Jackie
Some things don't make sense: 
1) Who has a wedding cake tasting at 8AM on a school day?
2) What hospital administrator would knowingly give her pill popping nurse pain killers even if she did run over her foot with her car? 
3) Frank's a cop, he's seen drug addicts, is really this naive?
4) Would a traffic helicopter really swoop down on two people doin it just to mess with them?
Okay enough picking at a show I really love. 
LOVED the memorial for Naim. Come on you know you were singing "The Candy Man" too. Name the real singer for some bonus points! I kinda like Eddie and Antoinette together. Just wait til Jackie finds out though! The runaway Nun and Frank's boys both showed up this episode too. Even with the silliness, it's still a great show. 

THE OTHER STUFF 


I didn't watch The Tony's, it's the only award show that doesn't interest me. I probably should have since so many TV peeps were represented and won this year. I even saw Neil Patrick Harris's performance in Hedwig, but…I was obsessed with Piper and the gang in Litchfield and all revved up for the Battle of Castle Black plus, there was still an NBA Playoff game to watch. So, for all of you guys that did give The Tony's your attention, let me know which actors and actresses known primarily for TV won a Tony last night. 

Sorta sad really. The Daytime Emmy's couldn't get ANY network to air the show live.  So…On June 22nd, the awards, for the first time ever, won't be on TV. The only way you'll be able to find out who wins Best Talk Show will be to stream the show live at 5pm at: www.daytimeemmys.net 

-Last week I asked you all what your favorite Ann B. Davis, Brady Bunch episode was. The winner…the Davy Jones episode. I don't know if I would say that episode was all about Alice but it is one of my faves also. Here's the video for all of you guys who want to sing along! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29qrRiF9t-M Don't you love that shirt?

-This cast had a reunion this past weekend at the ATX Festival in Austin Texas. A bucket list event for me.  Name the show for some bonus points. Brett...you can't play, but thanks for the photo!

Monday's Easy Trivia Question: Who was the host of last nights Tony Awards?


WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment