Friday, August 1, 2014

Satisfaction? Only with Big Brother, last night.




THE ANSWER TO THURSDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Boston Legal is where Denny and  worked
FIRST FIVES:  Karen Feldman, Crystal Kyler, Mike O'Dea, Bob Kaplan & Nicole Zittman
HONORABLE MENTION: Karen Heniger



THE NUMBERS 

Wednesday's Broadcast Top 5
America's Got Talent-NBC 2.2/10.6
Big Brother-CBS 2.2/6.4
America's Got Talent Rerun-NBC 1.2/6.2
Extant-CBS 1.1/5.9
Taxi Brooklyn-NBC 1.1/5.6

Wednesday's Cable Top 5
Sharknado-Syfy 1.3/3.9 
Duck Dynasty-A&E 1.2/3.4
Teen Mom-MTV 1.1/1.8
Big Bang Theory-1.0/2.4
American Dad-Adult Swim 1.0/1.9

Wednesday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings
Sharknado-Syfy 581,000 Tweets
America's Got Talent-NBC 59,000 Tweets
Big Brother-CBS 59,000 Tweets
So You Think You Can Dance-FOX 43,000 Tweets
Nick Cannon: Wild n' Out-MTV2 17,000 Tweets

Late Night Ratings for the week of 7/21/14-7/25/14
Fallon 1.1/3.5
Kimmel .6/2.3
The Daily Show .5/1.5
Meyers .5/1.4
Colbert .5/1.2
Letterman .4/2.2
Nightline .3/1.5
Ferguson .3/1.2
Conan .3/.7
Carson .2/.7

Early Morning Ratings for the week of 7/21/14-7/25/14
GMA 1.5/1.8
Today Show 1.3/1.5
CBS This AM .7/.8

As you can see, Sharknado delivered 3.9 million viewers. 1.6 million of them were A18-49. This is just the live delivery. I'm sure that these numbers will increase big time against L+3 and L+7. The live numbers were up 183% vs. the original. Twitter exploded also which is what contributed to the originals popularity and got this entire sharknado thing going. If you missed it, forgot to DVR it, or just forgot about it altogether, it's on again Saturday night and Sunday night.

THE SHOWS
Big Brother
  • Did Julie get a new red dress? 
  • How high can Frankie's hair get? What product does he use to get it to stand up so high?
  • Christine needs and eyeglass makeover in a big way
  • Frankie and the guys told Caleb about Amber targeting him and he got SO angry he threw her bunny slippers
  • Every time Nicole speaks I'm reminded of how annoying her voice is and that I could plug in my toaster oven to her nose
  • I have no idea why I found Donny's use of Chapstick so funny but I did. Must be dry in the BB house 
  • Team America Mission was too tough and bad for everyone's game, absolutely agreed with the gangs decision to decline 
  • JOcasta looked soooooo ridiculous at the eviction ceremony sitting in that red chair, wearing a red dress and that red and black polka dot bow tie, but, God is STILL in the BB house in case you were wondering
  • Eviction choreography ACTIVATED  
  • So when allllll was said and done, Caleb voted out his girl Amber and she was sent packing 
  • Victoria had nobody to hug after the eviction did you see that?
  • WANTED: Amber's Bunny Slippers. She wants them back
  • Just to be clear, for anyone out there: AMBER DOES NOT LIKE CALEB
  • Everyone did such a GREAT job during the HOH challenge that Julie ran out of time and now…I have no idea who the HOH's are!!! DAMN YOU BB
  • Tear count: 2 (Caleb & Amber)
Satisfaction
The only thing I was satisfied with in last nights episode of Satisfaction was the scenes for next week's episode. I don't care about Grace and her new job. I don't care about Anika and her school issues. I don't care about anything going on at Neil's office. Sure Simon's naked butt is fun and that part of the storyline's somewhat interesting, but if Neil doesn't start his sideline work soon…I'm out. That's what hooked me, that's what I found interesting and if I don't get what I want next week, I'm deleting my Season Pass. Bait and switch big time if you ask me. 

THE OTHER STUFF

-I tuned out of Ray Donovan pretty quickly and don't usually hear from anyone that I'm missing something, but for anyone that decided to stick with it, there's going to be 3 webisodes called "Behind the Fix" that you can check out on SHO.com, YouTube, iTunes and all the other Showtime platforms. The first one starts Sunday. I'd be curious to know how many of you true fans actually check out the webisode. Let me know if you do. 

-Shark Week starts Sunday, if you haven't seen Rob Lowe's Shark Week Promo yet, here's the extended version. Gotta admit, the guy looks awesome. He's 50! 

-Most of you loyal readers know that I am a TiVO person. I have 7 of them and while I've never tried any other DVR other than the Optimum one, nothing beats my TiVO. Anyway I happen to be a TiVO Insider so I participate in surveys and get all the published results. For July, the TiVO survey was all about Binging. Here's what we learned: 

  • 91% of TV Viewers have engaged in binge-watching
  • Binging is defined as watching 3 episodes of the same program in a row
  • The most binged shows were Breaking Bad, House of Cards and Geme of Throwns

Friday's Trivia Question: What show starred Crockett and Tubbs? 
What was this weeks theme? 

Have a great weekend!

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment