Monday, September 22, 2014

And so Premiere Week Begins. Madam Secretary & The Good Wife Did You Watch?



THE ANSWER TO FRIDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Will, Peter & Alicia were the love triangle in The Good Wife

FIRST FIVES: Crystal Kyler, Mike O'Dea, Elke Raskob, Phyllis DiCesare & Monica Caraffa
HONORABLE MENTION: Tom Murray


THE NUMBERS 

Thursday's Broadcast Top 5
NFL Thursday Night Football-CBS 4.5/11.8
Thursday Night Football Kickoff-CBS 2.2/7.3
The Biggest Loser-NBC 1.3/4.6
Scandal-ABC .8/3.9
The Mysteries of Laura-NBC .8/3.9

Thursday's Cable Top 5
College Football-ESPN 1.3/3.8
Big Bang Theory-TBS 1.2/3.3
NFL Football-NFL Network 1.2/2.3
Family Guy-Adult Swim .9/2.0
American Dad-Adult Swim .7/1.8

Thursday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
At Midnight-Comedy Central 31,000 Tweets
Tonight Show-NBC 26,000 Tweets
The Roosevelts-PBS 6,000 Tweets
The Biggest Loser-NBC 6,000 Tweets
Conan-TBS 2,000 Tweets

Friday's Broadcast Top 5
Big Brother-CBS 1.6/5.2
Dateline-NBV 1.2/5.2
Shark Tank-ABC 1.1/4.3
20/20-ABC .9/4.1
Hawaii Five-0 .8/4.8

Friday's Cable Top 5
NA

Friday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
Big Brother-CBS 35,000 Tweets
WWE Friday Night Smackdown-Syfy 29,000 Tweets
Tonight Show-NBC 13,000 Tweets
Unguarded with Rachel Nichols-3,000 Tweets
The Knick-Cinemax 1,000 Tweets

THE SHOWS 

Outlanders
Is anyone watching this show? I hope so. If you are and you saw Saturday night's episode, was it not SO good? Jaime and Claire's wedding night was so incredibly romantic and sexy. You could feel them both falling in love with each other. You could see it in their faces. You could sort of feel Claire's old life slip away a bit. I had forgotten about Frank, and I think Claire did too, until, she saw her old wedding ring roll away. She went after it and saved it from slipping through the cracks in the floor. Without hesitation, she put it on her other hand and that sense of "now what" came flooding back to all of us. I haven't read any of the Diana Gabaldon books, so I have no idea what to expect. Next week is the midseason finale. I need a date for Outlander's return.  I know I'm going to miss this one until then. If you aren't into this yet, I seriously recommend it. This is coming from a person who hates anything that has to do with time travel. The only exception I've ever made to this rule is the first Back to the Future movie and now, Outlander.

Leave it to Peyton Manning to mess up my Sunday Night viewing plan. Of course he tied things up with only :59 seconds to spare which sent everything into motion. The entire CBS Sunday night lineup ran late. Left me in a great position to watch Real Housewives, but I fell asleep during Good Wife and never saw Masters of Sex. This week's gonna be TOUGH. Jets on Monday Night Football, Premiere week, Jewish Holidays, and Derek Jeters last home game, I'll impress myself if I can watch everything I intend to watch. Wish me luck. 

Real Housewives of NJ
The gang, sans Amber and Theresa, headed down to Boca for a few days.  Each one of the them packed enough clothes for a year but wore tiny bikini's that didn''t take up that much room in the suitcase. Man, the fake boobs were abundant and out there for all of us to see. Back in NJ, Theresa was house hunting and attempting to downsize. Pretty funny how Bravo dug out the old videos of Theresa saying how much she "shkeeved" looking at other people's homes. Obviously her priorities and her bank book have changed quite a bit since Season 1. Jaqueline and Kathy showed up. Jaqueline's also downsizing but for very different reasons than Theresa. Nick, her autistic son, is doing so much better, but his therapy is very expensive and not covered by insurance. While those two are going smaller, 
Kathy and Richie are going bigger and moving to Franklin Lakes. Personally, I think it's a stupid move, but who am I? Jaqueline's still trying way to hard to be friends with Theresa. She's really got to give it a rest and forget about it. While Melissa's away, Joe's in charge of the kids. If there's one thing that makes me NUTS, it's men call watching their own kids, babysitting. No Joe Gorga (and any other guy that says this) it's not called babysitting, it's called PARENTING. Amber finally got the second set of blood test results and as I predicted, she's FINE. A lot of drama for nothing but screen time. Did you notice that Joe Giudice wasn't making eye contact with Theresa when he was talking to her? Sort of weird.  We did learn about Golden Showers, Pearl Necklaces and Nipple Covers, but since this is a family friendly blog, you'll have to go to Urban Dictionary to find out what all of those are. 

Madam Secretary
I'd seen the pilot episode already. Did you guys watch? I was never a fan of Tea Leoni (or her husbands) but I love anything about The White House and I think I might really like this show, so I'm going to give it a shot. Elizabeth's an ex-CIA analyst who's now, the Secretary of State. She looks really good, is really smart, has 2 kids, and is married to Tim Daly. Right off the bat she had a state dinner with the head of Swaziland and his 20 wives, saved 2 kids from a Syrian prison and  found out that her predecessor may have been murdered.  Keith Carradine is POTUS and Swaziland is a real place in South Africa (I had to Google it). Didn't realize that CIA analysts and college professors could make enough money to have a horse farm in Virginia, but who knows?  I'm intrigued for now. 

The Good Wife
Cary getting arrested caused me a great deal of anxiety. Of course I knew that Cary was innocent, but seeing him imprisoned was tough wasn't it.  We did get to see him without his shirt on though. That was enjoyable. The whole thing has to do it Lemond Bishop who thankfully just happened to have a duffle bag with 1.5 million in small bills in it. Wonder why? Since Alicia can't be Cary's attorney, Diane's took the case. She's full of surprises now isn't she? Leaving Lockhart, Gardner and Canning and flipping over to Florick Agos. Michael J. Fox and David Lee don't know it yet. They also don't know that Kalinda is going to come with her. They are going to FREAK out though. At least I think they will. Oh and if you were wondering, so far, Alicia's NOT running for States Attorney. SO FAR.
THE OTHER STUFF 

-I watched a great documentary on Netflix called Surfwise over the weekend. It's the story of 85 year old surfer, health and sex guru, Dr. Dorian Paskowitz. He and his wife Juliette home schooled their nine children (8 boys and 1 girl) and raised them in a tiny camper on the beach where they surfed and adhered to a strict diet based on wild animals. It was crazy and riveting all at the same time. If you are into documentaries, or looking for something to watch at some point, definitely check it out.

-You guys know I didn't watch True Detective. I'm still not sure if I should or if I will. Matthew McConaghey and Woody Harrelson were nominated for Emmy's for their work in that one, which had me considering it, but then the feeling passed and I got in to something else. Next season, they won't be back, but it was announced over the weekend that Colin Farrell will be taking over for them.  I enjoy Colin Farrell, not enough to watch True Detective, but I do enjoy the guy.

-Congrats to the tallest member of the Roloff family. Jeremy Roloff got married over the weekend. If you're watching the current season of Little People, Big World then you know that Jeremy and Audrey got engaged and planned on a Fall wedding on the farm. They got it in before Pumpkin season, thank goodness. Could you imagine if they were saying their vows and the trebuchet was flinging pumpkins too? Now that would've been ratings gold.

-RIP to Eric the Actor aka Eric the Midget. I won't miss him. Let me know if you know him and will or won't miss him for some bonus points. 

Monday's Trivia Question: I saw the movie This is Where I Leave You on Friday night. I really, REALLY loved it and it reignited my Jason Bateman crush big time. Everyone in the movie also stars in a semi-current TV show so I figured, I'd see if I could come up with trivia questions all week that tie the two together. Corey Stoll stars in the movie as one of Jane Fonda's kids. What show is he from? 


WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment